Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 808 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 851 reviews
on December 7, 2015
I purchased this Coverbot in April of this year (2015). I will say that at the very beginning, I was pleased. However, here I am in month 8 and my delete button, return key, and several letters on the keyboard aren't working. Instead of me TYPING a great review, I'm left tap, tap, tapping away on the screen.

I emailed Coverbot about my issue and here's what the person/automated email read:
"Unfortunately the return period has expired. We only accept returns for 30 days."

Of course reviews are going to be grand upon the use of the first couple of months. I believe that 30 days is not enough. Honestly, I would like for the, to contact me and have this thing fixed or sent a new one rather than throw it away and count it as a lost.

Dig through these reviews before purchasing. There should be no reason why my keys are working. So, buyer, beware. It's all good out the box, but understand that the keys may not all work and they won't help with getting it fixed. I'm unhappy that the issue has not/may not/will not be resolved. Praying that the company contacts me with a better solution.
on February 21, 2014
This case is hard plastic. It has a ton of features, but is easy and intuitive to use. You can use it in landscape view like a laptop or portrait view for apps that don't work in landscape view.

You can use it like a tablet two ways: First, the arm allows you to put the screen facing up and put the keyboard to the back of the case. Think about it like stacking the iPad on top of the keyboard, but the cover stays on the whole time. When you use this method, i's not 100% flat against the keyboard because of the arm, but it works great.

If you really want to use it like a tablet without the keyboard, the keyboard and arm detach using a magnet. (Make sure you get the magnetic detachable model, which is the same price.)

As intended, it is a perfect fit. I also sometimes flip the back cover over the screen to protect the screen when I don't want to bring my keyboard with me, but still want to toss it in my purse.
on June 15, 2016
We bought this case for our teenage daughter and love it so much that I purchased one for myself as well. The product is very well made and very sturdy. The multitude of options to display/hold/use your iPad is awesome. The keyboard part holds a charge for an exceptionally long time, too. It easily connects with your iPad via Bluetooth and makes working and playing on your iPad so much more efficient than with using the onscreen keyboard. She uses her iPad basically as a laptop now. I use it to hold my iPad vertically when using a recipe in the kitchen or reading a book during lunch...it sits horizontally on my desk to watch videos while working, working directly on my iPad or for reading in bed. The keyboard folds nicely away when you want to hold your iPad without the need for a keyboard or you can easily remove it. The magnet that holds the keyboard to the iPad is amazingly strong. All in all, I love this product! I've also had the pleasure of communicating with the seller and they are a pleasure to work with as well.
on October 9, 2014
So far so good! Ordered the green one. Everything fits right and the physical features are great (able to rotate it whichever way you want, pulling it apart so it's only the ipad mini). I haven't charged it once since I've received it (probably was charged full before it was shipped), and it's been almost a month. The keyboard is a bit smaller than what I am used to (previously used the Zagg keyboard which was much larger and more typically sized), but it is doable. Your fingers may be squished a teensy bit but it's okay. The keyboard, as mentioned by others, is different than a standard keyboard. Some symbols are missing compared to a QWERTY keyboard but it is fine. I use it to take notes in class and it works great. A trick to connecting it is turning on the bluetooth on your ipad first and then turning on the laptop. It should connect automatically, assuming you've already connected it for the first time. I would recommend this keyboard, since it's very affordable compared to the other models out there and is the perfect size. It's not that heavy (perfect weight) but I wish I could extend the angle part so I could tilt the ipad a bit more back.
on March 16, 2015
Concept was a good Idea but quality of the keyboard was not what I anticipated. Also From the picture provided in the Ad I thought that the back piece held up the iPad and it could move, rotate easily up and down or swivel, the range of motion was not the best and was not happy wit the quality of it. This is just MY PERSONAL opinion and I'm not saying no one should buy it, this might be a better fit for another person and I do encourage people to buy it if this is what they need but personally I was not happy with it and the price was on the higher end, was able to find another keyboard cheaper and provide all the things I needed, the shipping was fast and on time, and I have no complaints there. If this company does have any other products I'm interested in, I would consider purchasing from them again.
on January 4, 2016
I really like this. I decided I needed a new case for my ipad mini 3 which i use for just about everything when i'm not on my computer, but mainly to read. what I don't like which is why i took a star away is that when i am typing it just adds a period after every other word. it's weird. not sure if it happens to others, but i'm not too happy about that.
review image
on January 9, 2015
The magnetic tablet holder is very secure and comes off only if you really want it to. The stand for the display is excellent and allows viewing from multiple angles.
The reason for 4 of 5 stars is due to the charging equipment for the device. My complaint is that this product does not come with a power adapter, and instead it says to plug in the included USB cord to your computer to charge it. 1-there's no reason for me to attach my tablet to my computer, so why would I think it necessary for a tablet accessory? 2-the tablet could probably charge the keyboard, but the tablet (ipad mini v2) only has a mini USB port, so the included standard USB cord won't attach to the tablet. It's a minor issue that should be addressed in the description for buyers since this is advertised to work on all ipad minis.
UPDATE 9-16-2015: The keyboard has stopped charging entirely, so it's pretty useless now. I've seen other reviewers who have had the same issue. However, we have exceeded the 30 day warranty, so obviously there's nothing we can do about it. Due to the keyboard problem, my rating dropped from a 4 to a 2.
on May 8, 2014
I wanted a keyboard case for my iPad mini because I find it difficult to type on the screen. I opted for the magnetic/detachable version of the Coverbot so it would be easy to pull my iPad off when that's all I want. The case seems sturdy (I've had it for a couple months; I've carried it around in my backpack a few times but haven't given it any real abuse).

It is easy to detach the iPad from the keyboard, but I find that I don't do it very often because I appreciated the choice of viewing angles the case gives me. It works well for "computer" style, and I like using that formation for looking at recipes while I'm cooking. I also like folding it so the iPad rests on top of the keyboard. It's much easier to hold/use than the naked iPad.

Connecting the keyboard to the iPad is not as simple as it seems like it will be. Hitting the bluetooth button does not result in a successful connection. I generally have to go into my iPad's control panel, turn bluetooth off, then turn the keyboard on, then turn bluetooth back on in the control panel, then hit the bluetooth button, and then they usually connect. Kind of a pain, but I don't use the keyboard that often.

A few more slight negatives
-There doesn't seem to be a way to know how much power is left in the keyboard. Also, I consider it a design flaw that it doesn't use the same charging plug style as the iPad so you need two different power cords.
-The case shows fingerprints like crazy, and I haven't found a way to get them off. So it doesn't look great after a while if you look at it closely.
-I wish there were more color choices for the detachable version of the case. I'd love orange!
on July 20, 2015
Very pleased with this purchase. The cover is sturdy and protects my iPad well. I have only had it a couple of weeks so I can't comment on how long it will last and I haven't had any issues with the keys so far. It seems well-made and well-designed and does not feel or look cheap. I did not have any problems with connecting the keyboard to the iPad and setup was very simple. The keyboard is easy to use, despite its tiny size, but does take some time to get used to. It is also very easy to detach the iPad from the keyboard so I can use it like a tablet (the cover remains on the iPad). I also like that the cover/keyboard adds grip and weight to the iPad - the iPad alone seemed so delicate and I couldn't grip it very well with my small, dry hands! The only very minor complaint I have is that the angle of the iPad when placed on the keyboard is steeper than I like; I wish it would tilt back just a little farther.
on January 31, 2016
At first loved it. It was good for about six months + I had to get a charger for the keyboard.

Broke this past fall. I have been so busy did not have time to bother with a late return.

Also at first, I had to find a charger for the keyboard but had one. You need a charger for keyboard. No big deal right? Okay so at first I loved this until about 7-8 months in the magnet on back dropped off causing the whole thing to drop to the floor! Ouch! If you have a $300 ipad mini in there-it is not good. Very disappointed. I tried cleaning it and buying some rubber cement to get the magnet back in place. Sadly, it was beyond repair. Now it is junk. I am not sure what to do because I was so busy I did not have time to return.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.