Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara By Lashblast, 0.44 Ounce
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Color: Very Black 800|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Aging baby boomers, my wife and I don't get out as much as we once did, but we do still go out occasionally. My wife has always used very light makeup, but she still uses mascara to highlight her eyes and long lashes. When she developed a slight tremble in her hands a couple of years ago, she was concerned about applying mascara for fear of injuring her eyes, so I volunteered to apply it. Surprisingly, she accepted my offer. One of her biggest gripes about mascara is its tendency to clump and look messy, so she was glad to try Clump Crusher.

The product comes in a sealed bottle with a separate brush that you can see through the packaging. The brush is slightly curved at the applicator end, which has dozens of very fine bristles about 1.5 mm long. The round brush's handle is about 0.9" in diameter, which makes it easy to hold. That's the obvious stuff.

In use, we both appreciated how the fine bristles separated and coated her lashes evenly with no noticeable clumping. I applied one coat of the mascara to both her eyes around noon yesterday, then we left the house for about seven hours to deliver Christmas presents and have dinner at a restaurant. When we returned, we both examined her eyes and found no smudging or flaking, even with a few tears shed at one stop. Later that evening, my wife removed the mascara with a washcloth and warm soapy water. It removed fairly easily with no visible traces left.

Overall, the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara appears to be a fine product that works as advertised. My wife is sold on the product.
4444 comments| 417 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
I bet I've tried a dozen different mascaras, including Cover Girl's regular Lash Blaster. My lashes aren't as full as they used to be, and I wanted to add volume, but every other mascara, including the ones promising "No clumps!" left me with about ten clumps instead of a lot of lashes. I tried the kinds that came with tiny combs, but my lashes would separate and then immediately clump together like Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart. Yuck. I had almost no expectations Clump Crusher would be different but for some reason bought it anyway.

I was shocked to see this stuff really works! ZERO clumps! My lashes have noticeably more volume AND stay separate! They're natural-looking, even with two coats (which I don't really need). I was a little wary that the formula wasn't waterproof, but it actually stayed on--no raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I love this stuff! It's my new favorite mascara. Now I just hope Cover Girl doesn't retire it, as makeup companies do with so many products after a year or two on the market.
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2013
Color: Very Black 800|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is not the best Mascara ever. Just so you know, the best is the basic mascara made by ColoreScience. It's perfect. You get long, long lashes, no clumping, the wand is so good you should never throw it away. Just clean it with rubbing alcohol every now and then and use it instead of whatever wand you find inside any other mascara you are using, which you shouldn't be. ColoreScience is the best. But boy, does this come close.

I don't want too much "volume." How thick should your eyelash be before you start looking like Tammy Faye Baker. We want length and color. If your lashes are so sparse you look like Minnie Mouse, buy artificial lashes or, even better, get them individually applied by a make up artist for special occasions. But don't clunk up your lashes so they look gummy. This gives the right amount of lengthening and thickening, even if you put it on with a heavy hand.

CoverGirl Clump Crusher goes on easily. To challenge their "no clumping" claim, I slathered on four coats. Two coats of mascara should be the limit. Three...you're pushing it. Four...get your diploma, you are a Clown College Graduate. But even four layers didn't make my lashes stumpy or weird. They were starting to look overdone, so I stopped there. If you wait a few minutes and let the mascara dry, you can use your lash curler...even a heated one, without creating a mess. YOu get a little flaking and flecking, but not too bad. Still, it's always better to do the curling first. I like the brush, it has an interesting angle and the bristles sweep away a lot of excess product when you brush it on. The curve follows the curve of the eye, so one stroke goes from one end of the lid to the other. Straight brushes can be tricky because they reach only a portion of the lashes. When you go back to do the middle and other end, some lashes end up with too little, some too much mascara.

By the way, I got a great tip from a make up artist: If you use eyeliner on the inner eyelids, your eyes look smaller and harder. Instead, use white or very light blue. It makes your eyes open up and look bigger and younger. Use it on the inner lids top and bottom. Also nothing gets rid of eyebags (I don't mean temporary puffiness from staying up late or partying, but real undereye suitcases), so save your money for the surgery. BUT caffeine does temporarily provide a little bit of shrinkage. Soak cotton balls in cold coffee left from breakfast and place on the bags, lean back and relax for 20 minutes. It should make a difference. I have also heard that Preparation H works, but I believe the formula has been changed. Perhaps we should be checking out the hemmerhoid cream reviews!

Thanks for your patience. I think this mascara is a good deal, easy to use whether you use make up often or only occasionally, and is fairly foolproof.
2020 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2015
This is a really great mascara. I have sort of thin, light lashes and this really helped me to color/separate them. And it really doesn't make your lashes clumpy. I find that if you do more than a handful of brushes through your lashes with other mascaras you end up getting super clumpy, unappealing looking lashes. This I was able to brush through quite a few time and my lashes still looked good. Not only is the mascara great but I really like the bottle and the brush as well. I've included a before and after picture.
review image review image review image review image
on March 2, 2013
I am a mascara junkie so me rating this as my second favorite is a pretty big deal. First of all I love the bright green packaging totally cute. I have this in very black in water resistant. I love the shape of the wand because it makes it easy to get every eyelash on your eye. You can get the outer corner and the inner corner with ease. Also if you flip the brush upside down it is perfect for your bottom lashes. This mascara doesn't clump,smear,run, or anything bad. This is my go to mascara!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 9, 2014
I'm not real picky when it comes to mascara but this one was bad for me. After wearing it for only a couple hours it begins to flake. Worse than any I've ever tried. I gave it a couple weeks but I've had enough. I'm going back to my favorite. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". When will I learn? LOL
on April 4, 2013
It took me a try or two to use it in such a way as to get the volume and length without the clumps, but once I figured it out, it worked perfectly. It's a great every day mascara. It's not false-lash volume + length, but it's pretty darn good.
on June 14, 2016
I'm a big fan of the natural makeup look for myself, since I'm not very good at it (it's better that it's less noticeable). But I also have blonde hair and blue eyes, so black can be pretty harsh against my skin. It's not a waterproof mascara, but it does have quite a bit of staying power. I can't wash it off with just water. I usually wear a clear waterproof over the top though, just in case, since I'm constantly using eye drops for my contacts. Still, it lasts all day without flaking off or smudging onto my face. I've had such difficulty finding a mascara that wasn't black or brown black in stores, so I'm really happy I found this one online.
on July 14, 2016
I have made multiple purchases of Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara By Lashblast, Brown 815, 0.44 Ounce as this is one of the best mascaras I have found for my lashes. I purchase the Brown color because I have grey/blonde hair and I often find that black mascaras look to harsh on me for everyday use. It really does what it says, the mascara doesn't clump up when it is applied.

Pros:
great brown color
doesn't clump
adds volume
no weird scent
stays on all day
no flaking

Cons:
None that I can find

All in all, this is my go-to mascara and has been for quite some time. If you're looking for a mascara that adds some volume without the annoying clumps that some mascaras can leave behind than this mascara should fit the bill. I am very happy with my purchase.
on July 10, 2016
This is one of my "holy grails" of makeup, I think this is my 4th tube I've bought. It holds up even when compared to some of the high-end makeup, similar to Buxom mascara and Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes. I absolutely love this mascara - it defines and darkens my lashes and looks very, very natural with no clumping. If you're going for "'no makeup' makeup," I recommend the brown shade (my favorite). It stays on very well without flaking, but is easy to wash off with just soap and water, you don't need any kind of oil-based makeup remover, but don't plan on crying a lot and expecting it to stay on. If you are teary, I also love the black water resistant variety.