Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2014
I had one of these from another maker for about 10 years but one day recently, the lock just seized up and would not unlock! I ended up having to cut the cable with wirecutters and am replacing it with this one. But I plan on using a different lock with it that is of higher quality than what comes with this. The lock that comes with this seems very cheaply made.

This is really a pretty simple device to secure your car cover to the car. It will not prevent it from flapping around in high winds however. For that, get a wind tie down kit which has bungee cables that go under each bumper.

One trick to using this cable lock it if you don't want to have to reach under the car as much is to just loop it through a wheel instead. That will prevent someone from stealing your car cover however will not prevent them from removing it from the car. I've done this on occasion since I'm sometimes too lazy to crouch down on the other side and reach for the end of this cable.
on August 28, 2016
A nice cable/lock set for the price. Basically to not lose it on windy days. A professional thief could get your cover easily in a few minute's but I doubt the average grab and go thief would have a heavy set of wire/bolt cutter's on them. This is basically just a theft deterrent device no from the average thug. My lock came with a rubber edge all around the lock and three keys. I also found a way to store the lock and cable together. Roll the cable in a circle and snap the lock where the two ends meets. Keeps them both together for storage.
on February 21, 2015
Good news: It worked great. The single eye (instead of a loop) fit perfectly through small openings, lock worked without a problem, and the weatherproof cable was the length needed
Bad news: Without using any force at all (tugging, pulling, stretching, yanking, et. Cetera), within less than two days the loop came out (see pics). After stuffing the cord back into the black anchor and crimping it down using a bench vise, the loop is now securely back in the black anchor. Set aside that the black anchor now looks like crap, the entire problem implies no "pride of workmanship" and a low quality product.
review image review image review image review image
on July 17, 2017
Nice lock and cable. Perfect for the car cover we have. Would recommend to anyone looking for one.
on December 18, 2010
I've been using Covercraft car covers for years and have never needed the cable. We now keep one of our cars at our weekend house and I keep a car cover on it during the week. It gets very windy and I would frequently come out to find the cover was blown off the car (yes...very strong winds!). I got tired of dealing with that, so pulled out the rope that the sent with cover. That was useless, as it didn't hold. So I bought the cable. Works perfectly. We week after I used it the first time, we had another storm with high winds. All the covers were blown off the lawn furniture, but not the car. I'm very happy!

I noticed comments about the strength of the cable and that someone with bold cutters could cut through the lock and or cable. That is probably true. But I don't think this product is intended to be a major theft deterrent. If you're worried about someone stealing your car cover, maybe you need to think about where you're parking your car! Like most things, if someone wants to steal it...they will find a way. I'd rather have someone easily cut through a cable and steal the cover than get frustrated and damage my car...but that's me.
on March 8, 2011
I ordered this to keep my cover not only secured, but also to keep it from getting stolen. The actual lock has a protective plastic cover to keep from scratching your car and the cable has a protective sheath to also protect against scratches. The cable is a bit long for my car, but you can make a not at the end of the one side to cinch the cable tight to keep from blowing off. The wind was howling at my park and ride the other day and the cover stayed perfectly on the car. Very happy for such a low price.
on June 10, 2017
I wish It had come with a thicker cable and a stronger lock.
on May 10, 2017
Nice, practical, good quality
on August 13, 2017
great product
on October 9, 2013
This is a good product that will discourage anyone intent on stealing your car cover. I bought it after having the last one stolen.The cable would take some effort to break or disable, something most thieves are too lazy to try.