Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 160 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 250 reviews
on May 27, 2015
I have tried so many types of mascaras and this is my favorite overall. I want longer and ideally fuller lashes. While I don't feel like it gives 200% more volume as the package states, it does a good job lengthening and defining lashes with literally no clumps whatsoever (and a little volume). My old go to was Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, but it was becoming a more costly purchase with my new job so I decided to give this one a try. You get the same effects without the clumps, higher cost, or a special trip to the mall! Great product! Hope it doesn't get discontinued ever!

I tried the water resistant version of this however, and I feel it might have been the wrong packaging. The second I came in contact with water, it smeared and offered no water resistance. Still looked great before the water though!
on February 2, 2017
Excellent mascara, and you really can't beat the price.

I'm extremely impressed at how well this works! I usually only wear mascara and a little under eye concealer, and this mascara looks so good! Really boosts length!

First day I wore this, when I got home (having only applied at the very beginning of the day), my boyfriend says "Wow you look really good, did you get your hair done?" Haha! I hadn't, but the mascara really did tie everything together better. He noticed the difference, and I definitely did too.

PROS:
-Dark black
-REALLY boosts your eyelashes' length!
-Only need to apply one time a day
-Doesn't leak or smudge: waterproof strength seems good
-Very well priced, at about $5-$6!

Cons:
-Sometimes I get a little on my upper eyelid, as I'm applying (that might be me just not knowing how to apply correctly)
on September 3, 2013
Before purchasing this product for myself, I asked myself if I needed another mascara. With the plethora of drugstore mascaras, there are certainly plenty of "fails". I did some simple research before I bought, so I will share them with you along with my own experience.

I didn't compare ingredients or anything like that, but simply abused the power of Google and YouTube, and searched through countless reviews. You might think that's a lot of work put into a mascara, but hey, that's just how women shop, right? Anyway, I found that it was very well liked among all the people who tried it. It's even sold in Costco in a 3 pack!

My experience is that this formula is drier than those of say, Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black. The bristles are rubber and rather short, but a good amount of them. They can get product gooped on it, but just make sure you scrape some off on the rim before applying. It really doesn't clump very easily. Of course, any mascara can clump, but this one is really nice about being hard to. It definitely builds volume, and I'd say about 150% (not 200% as packaging says). If you have thin lashes, this will emphasize lashes by darkness (I bought Very Black) and slight thickness. Length-wise, this is only decent. Not crazy like some other Covergirl or Maybelline, or Loreal mascaras can be, but WITHOUT CLUMPS!

Application tip: The wand is curved, so I'll call it concave and convex for the the respective side of the wand. The convex side (bulging out?) is great for lengthening, and the concave is fantastic for bottom lashes. Use the convex on your upper lashes to define them easily, and the concave on the bottom, for a great smudgeless application of the shorter bottom lashes. Try it!

Personally, I'd rather take no clumps and fast application over high volume and lengthened spider lashes. That's just personal preference.
on January 26, 2015
I watched a vlog on uTube regarding this mascara. The person raved about it and said it was her go to mascara. Normally I would need to see many reviews and wasn't that impressed with her lashes. Go figure...I took the risk because the price was EXCELLENT! The mascara is excellent and believe me, I am picky. I do use lash primer by Loreal first and this mascara by Cover Girl is awesome. Highly recommend.
VINE VOICEon May 11, 2015
I've used every mascara known to womankind. My favorite for years was Bobbi Brown's Everything Mascara. It was perfect. A few years ago they changed it, and it's never been on par, since. I've never found a go-to replacement.

That said, this mascara isn't perfect. It goes on well, and while the brush doesn't magickally master clumps, it is easy to work with, and goes on evenly. It thickens and lengthens as much as any.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it bleeds on my lower lashes. About 3-4 hours into wearing it, it has smeared below my lashes, which is fine if you want that smokey, humid look. I can't say that I noticed it flaking as others noted, but it does migrate, one way or another.

There is no perfect mascara. While you won't need to touch up the mascara, itself, during the day, you will need to clean up where it has smeared.
on July 26, 2013
Okay, I've been wearing this for 2 days now and I am loving it. I have 5 different mascara's bc I wear mascara a lot but not too much other make up. This one so far is my favorite.
Here's why:
1. It's cheap (almost always my #1 reason ha ha)
2. It goes on smoothly with little to no clumping
3. It's dark (love the black brown)
4. The color of the tube is cute - green!

There is not much to like about this product. I'm glad I bought it.
My 2nd favorite is NYX Doll Eye Mascara!
on March 6, 2017
the mascara is really flaky and irritated my eyes. i tried it for a few days, but i can't use it. there were flakes all over my cheeks and in my eyes- yuck.
on April 3, 2017
My niece's eyelashes looked so beautiful and natural that I asked her what she was wearing. I got some myself and love it!
on March 7, 2017
I like this drugstore mascara way more than most. It can still clump a bit but the wand is fantastic for a clean application.
on August 19, 2017
Ok, I did not believe this would work, but it is awesome, it goes on evenly, & no clumping, I love it & will be buying more.