Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Cow in Patrick O'Shanahan's Kitchen Hardcover – November 25, 2013
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Learn more
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- "A gentle introduction to food origins." - Robin Shreeves, Mother Nature Network
- "A must-read for families interested in responsible farming and food production." -Farm Progress
- "A feast for the five senses, The Cow in Patrick O'Shanahan's Kitchen describes in fantastically imaginative style where food for a special breakfast really comes from." - Midwest Book Reviews
From the Back Cover
- "A charming, not-icky-at-all introduction to the question, "where does this food come from?" And no, the answer is not, 'the supermarket.'" - Liz Gumbinner, Editor-in-Chief, Cool Mom Picks
- "I'd put it up on the bookshelf with Goodnight Moon. If only the chickens did dishes!" - Ginny Wolfe, Senior Director, Strategic Relationships, The ONE Campaign
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've got a five-year-old grandson who lives in The Big City (NYC). I live in Iowa. We talk. We read books. We're gonna read this book together!
The book itself is delightfully comical (how would YOU react to a cow in the kitchen??) -- but the book's punchline is sheer genius. Seriously. Hmm. How do we talk to kids about meat? And -- will there be another Patrick book? Here's hoping!
My only complaint is that I was not able to download the audio version. You have to sign up for the kite readers service, then I was able to hear it once but not download it to my iPad. Directions not that great. Kept asking me to sign up again (I already did!) Decided it wasn't worth it and will not use kite readers in the future.