Cowboy Bebop Import, Soundtrack
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
2. RUSH -- Another fun jazz band piece, used as background music (BGM) in the show.
3. SPOKEY DOKEY -- A jazz harmonica BGM piece that settles into some very mellow guitar/harmonica blues.
4. BAD DOG NO BISCUITS -- Used as BGM for one of the two huge chase scenes in Session 2 of "Cowboy Bebop." :) A really fun jazz band BGM that goes into a bit of a ska beat towards the end.
5. CAT BLUES -- A light, playful jazz piece used as BGM.
6. COSMOS -- A solo trumpet version of "Farewell Blues" from OST 3, BLUE.
7. SPACE LION -- Used as the ending theme of session 13, "Jupiter Jazz." Some very ambient, flowing jazz saxophone that flows into a native-american type chant.
8. WALTZ FOR ZIZI -- Featuring guitar most prominently, this old-western type waltz paints the scenes of many dramatic or calm scenes in the series.
9. PIANO BLACK -- An incredibly interesting jazz piece (in a meter of 3), with a clanky percussive loop accompanying actual drums, the skilled piano stylings of composer Yoko Kanno, and a stylish saxophone solo. I love this piece! :D
10. POT CITY -- A dreary, guitar-laden riff that lives up to its name.
11. TOO GOOD TOO BAD -- Contrasting the bleak sound of "POT CITY," this jazzy piece takes off from the start, reminding me of 60s cop shows. ;)
12. CAR 24 -- An extremely cute piece which makes use of flute, other winds, vibraphone, and several saxophones. :)
13.Read more ›
1. Tank! 3:30 - This is one of my fav songs! As you may know, this is the longer opening song to the series. The jazzy melody definatly adds atmosphere to the show.
2. RUSH 3:34 - Here's another fast-paced jazz song. RUSH was played on sessions 0 and 1.
3. SPOKEY DOKEY 4:04 - Now it's getting a bit more laid back. SPOKEY DOKEY is the harmonica song that was played when Spike was training in session 1. I didn't care for it that much at first. But as I listened to it more, I grew to love it!
4. BAD DOG NO BISCUITS 4:09 - Now I know what you may be thinking, as I was thinking this when I first saw the title. "What the hell kind of name is that?!" When I heard it, it made more sense. This is another fast-paced song that was played during session 0 and 2. (Session 2 is the first one with Ein!)
5. CAT BLUES 2:35 - Getting more laid back again! This cool song was played in the beginning of session 10, when Ed was "attacking" the bounty. This song is also on the CD Box set.
6. COSMOS 1:36 - A song for Jet! This song was played in session 16 during Jet's flash-back.
7. SPACE LION 7:10 - I love this song so much! This is probably my favorite song on this CD! This was played as the ending song for session 13. Very moving! This song is also on the CD Box.
8. WALTZ for ZIZI 3:29 - ZIZI was sure played a lot during the series!Read more ›
For those who had seen the series, you know that CB intertwines both visual aspects and sounds/music in a way that makes for an ultimate view experience. This sound track is just an affermation of that. With a fusion of mainly blues, jazz, folk, and even a little techno, OST 1 proves to be much more than just a soundtrack. Heck, I can even imagine fans of the genres listed above getting into this.
Because most of this CD plays as a stand alone songs, I figured a song by song view would be the best:
1) TANK! - The brilliant opening of Cowboy Bebop has an incredibly addictive opening theme. For those who dont know, its sort of jazz mixed with a very very thick groove. Also features some excellent horns(as does alot of the series).
2) Rush - Has very little in common with the progressive rock band, but deffinately lives up to its name. Another of the jazz songs with very funky sound to it.
3) Spokey Dokey - Blues harp rains supreme on this song. While its a bit noodley, the faint guitars add a little something to this song.
4) Bad Dog, No Biscuits - Almost ska sounding. This yet another up tempo song that progresses from jazz to ska in an amazingly smooth way. Once again, dig the horns(this CD has alot of that).
5) Cat Blues - Features a very beatnick style sound to it in its use of drums, horns, and percussion. I love this piece!
6) Cosmos - Sort of an interlude to the next song. This one is essentially a 2 minute jazz solo.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome hits from an awesome anime, I love playing "Tank" with my windows down and my volume up to see who recognizes the tune.Published 7 months ago by Joseph Martin
Very good quality, shipped quickly with no damage done to the product.Published 14 months ago by James Rubidge
I was able to listen to the album online first. It was so good I decided to support the band by buying a copy.Published 16 months ago by Jeffrey Rash
Fantastic soundtrack, and I'm not just saying that because I loved the show. Just these tracks alone are of superb intensity. Read morePublished 17 months ago by MPC 2.
All the classic songs for the anime Cowboy Bebop. Have you ever think how it feeling wake up listening Tank? Trust me, it's an amazing sensation.Published 18 months ago by Rafael Bombín