Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
CowboyStudio Photo / Video 24in Large Speedlite Flash Softbox with L-Bracket, Shoe Mount and Carry Case
|Price:||$37.03 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- One (1) 24" x 24" speedlite softbox
- One (1) L-shaped support bracket
- One (1) white diffuser
- One (1) carrying pouch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||11.81 x 11.81 x 11.81 inches|
|Shipping Weight||2.7 pounds|
|Style Name||24 Inch|
Top Customer Reviews
At 24" square, it's a useful size,and significantly larger than a lot of the 16 and 20 inchers you see out there. Works well for single person head and shoulders portraits, or a soft hair light. Or my personal favorite, pull it back a bit and use it as a full body edge/rim light.
- Cost. This is one of the cheaper 24" hotshoe softboxes out there.
- Weight/Packed size. Softbox itself folds like a reflector, and it's very small indeed when you're done (especially with compared to a 24" monolight softbox). The bracket , the ring, and the ballhead stand mount, add some bulk, but not considerably so. I usually carry it in my lighting bag, but I can throw it in the top compartment of my Lowepro Fastpack with a flash and a compact lightstand in the side pouch, and have a capable, compact, lightweight kit.
- Softbox quality - So far, the softbox itself seems to be made from sturdy, quality materials.
- Quality as a light modifier - Works pretty well. Makes your hotshoe flash capable of making fairly soft, even light (see caveat below) on location. I was worried about spill from the back, but it seems well controlled.
- As mentioned, the ballhead stand mount is flimsy. It's easily replaced with something better, but that adds to the cost.
- The bracket is well sized to hold a flash, but not so much a flash on top of a radio trigger.Read more ›
At this point we just want our money back, but are unable to get any response. Would definitely not deal with cowboy again. You get what you pay for is an understatement.
Side note: My partner's soft box began tearing at the back where the ring mounts after a month or so of use.
If you need a short term, cheaper unit, go ahead; Otherwise, stay away.
The inside is lined with a silver reflection material and the front white transulcent material is just velcroed on and off you if you want a stronger light you can just take it off.
I just received it after only 4-5 business days. Everything all ready comes in it's carrying bag when you get it with no instructions or even a box really. I'm sure this is a small company who makes this and tries to cut costs. The softbox itself just feels thick and strong, I don't feel like I could really hurt it if I tried to. It folds and collapses from the spring-rods inside of it (which is easy to setup and break down). The hardware for the flash mount is mostly metal and feels sturdy and the white diffuser itself you velcro onto the softbox. I'm not a big fan of having to velcro these on but a lot of companies make them this way even some of the more expensive higher quality will to. Usually they will have a black liner around the white diffuser sheet where the velcro will be but this just has some white velcro on the very edges of the sheet. The box and the diffuser come in their own seperate little bag to prevent damage to them from the hardware that it rests with in another bigger bag. So, there is a bag for the diffuser/box and a bag for the hardware and the diffuser/box bag. But, all in all everything fits good and works pretty well. I would give it about 4 1/2 stars because you can't beat the quality for what you get really. It's worth the 50 bucks.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a handy unit to have, and it works well enough. The only reason for 3 stars is the flash bracket is a rather poor design and not easy to adjust. Read morePublished 5 months ago by cymaticscan
We've used this product for 4 years almost every weekend as portrait photographers. The ballhead mount finally gave out this weekend but, like I mentioned, it's been a work horse... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Kevin Holding
Great idea but is the re-folding process is prone to damage at which point you need to throw the softbox into the trash.Published 7 months ago by Stephen L
Inexpensive but the quality isn't there.
Light distribution is uneven but if you don't care.... the price is right.
My Husband is a starter in Photography and he loves to play around. Have seen him use multiple times and create awesome pictures so I guess its doing its job.Published 10 months ago by Arunima Singh
junk. to much set up and pain in the ass to put together. i want my money backPublished 11 months ago by Zion Digital