Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CowboyStudio Photography Equipment Zipper Bag for Light Stands, Umbrellas, and Accessories
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on March 18, 2013
As a hobby photographer I was looking for a bag to store my light stands and umbrellas when not in use. Most bags I have found are designed to hold items much longer than I need (or are too expensive or both) so I took a chance on this 30" bag as the price was right. The bag will zip open on one end for access and also has a zipper that runs the length of the bag. There are two internal "sleeves" running the length of the bag. Each will hold one light stand. My stands are 6 and 7 feet with collapsed lengths of 27.5" and 28.5" respectively. This 30" bag is just (barely) long enough for my taller stand. The smaller stand seems to be made for this bag (or vice versa). I have a shoot through and two reflective umbrellas and unfortunately this bag is too small to hold all three plus two stands. It will hold two stands and two umbrellas however. There is a zippered outer pouch that easily holds my two umbrella/flash brackets. (one of my stands came with a bag that will hold two umbrellas so I'm covered there) There is no shoulder strap on the CowboyStudio bag as another reviewer has stated. The bag does have two carry strap "handles" however that Velcro together like a gym bag. They have been sewn on about 1.5" off center. How do you say quality control in Chinese? Even though this item came sealed in plastic the bottom of the carry bag was very soiled--like it had been put down on a dirty floor. All said, this carry bag will be fine for my needs and may do the same for you. Just be sure to measure carefully. This may be a 30" bag but that is an OUTSIDE measurement. For infrequent use you can not beat the price of this bag.
on July 24, 2011
I was hoping this was big enough for 2 light stands with umbrella's - I was thrilled to find it was plenty big! I could 4 if I need to. I also have my gray card and reflector (round, fold up kind) inside and could fit much more. It's padded, not crazy padded, but enough for carrying around. The only thing I would like to see added is a shoulder strap. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it.
on April 17, 2012
The panels on this bag have a thin padding on all sides, so I'm not sure why another reviewer said they didn't. It's not thick padding, but it is more than the nylon construction material itself would provide.

The zippers seem to work well. They're not large, jam-proof zippers as you would find on a quality (expensive) gadget bag, but they seem adequate to their purpose.

The dimensions are closer to 6x7x30" than 6x8x30, if that's important to anyone. But, since it is a fabric shell rather than a hard shell, I find it accommodates slightly larger items quite well without putting undue stress on the fabric or zippers.

Another reviewer complained about a lack of shoulder strap. I'm not sure a shoulder strap would work all that well on such a flexible case. Plus, I think as another reviewer pointed out, the handles are long enough and well placed to act as a short shoulder strap.

I fit a couple of light stands and a tripod plus accessory bag with flash mount, cords, etc. in it with no problem. I wouldn't put anything breakable, like studio lights in it - but that's not what it's designed for...

I haven't found a use for the mesh pocket yet, but I can see it holding gaffer tape, microfiber rag, etc.

Overall, I'm pleased with this bag. For the money it seems to be a good value.
on February 21, 2014
I actually ordered this bag to carry portable weave poles for dog agility. It was the only bag I could find that was the right dimensions. Once I received it though, I hesitate to use it for that. It it so well made that I don't want to get it dirty/muddy :-) It is very nicely made with a center compartment and 2 full length soft pockets along the sides (i.e. they collapse completely if not used). They would be perfect for umbrellas or maybe a small soft box. The handles are long enough that they can go over your shoulder. It unzips completely lengthwise or you can just open the top to access your gear. It has 2 plastic flat buckles to secure your load and the handle webbing goes completely around the bag for added strength. The buckle webbing is approximately 1" and the handle webbing is about 1 1/2". Overall this is a very nice bag and I am going to order another one for my photo gear.
on November 21, 2015
I ordered the "Tcase". This bag arrived today I'm giving it 4 stars at this point only because I have not had a chance to abuse it.....yet. I have found that the dimensions of the bag are fairly accurate it looks to be 30X8X8 and I was able to fit my gear with no problem and room to spare. I put 4 Lusana Studio light stands with umbrella & flash holders mounted on two of them in the bag along with two 33" umbrellas and a tripod. There is plenty more room that I can use to toss my flashes into the bag if I am going someplace to shoot. I would be willing to bet that I could fit everything I need to have 4 fully outfitted stands with umbrellas, flashes and mounts along with a tripod, it would be tight, but it would fit. The stitching and fabric look to be of reasonable quality for the price and the bag looks not only well put together, but also well engineered. As for the padding, if you bump into something like a door frame or a piece of furniture it will protect that object and your gear from scuffs and minor damage. If you bang into something with significant force, all bets are off. The carry handles are webbing that is fully stitched to the sides of the bag and is stitched into the seem at the bottom of the bag, the handles have one of those Velcro closures that make a hand grip with both straps in it. On the outside of the bag there was no printed logo and really I could care less about the logo, but there is a mesh pocket between the handles, that is nice. Something that the bag I received did not have that others mentioned they did get was pockets on the inside. Maybe it was the model of bag I ordered but my bad has no pockets or pouches on the inside, for this price I am not going to complain.
on January 2, 2014
This case is ok but has room for strobe heads only! No place for stands. There is also an issue with it tilting, it does not have a small rubber support most bags have to off set the height of the wheels so it leaned forward and with time the part of the case leaning on the ground while upright would wear the fabric to a shred. I do not think it is a good product hence my returning it. make sure what ever you buy has a support of some kind so it does not lean.
on April 12, 2013
I bought this thinking it could cart around some of my smaller manfrotto light stands but ended up returning the product to amazon. I wouldnt trust the zipper to hold any weight at all. The entire bag felt poorly made and thin. It was too short to fit even my smallest 8' light stands
on July 28, 2014
I ordered 2 of these cases/bags. I needed the bags to be 30 inches long for my tripods + heads to fit. Since they weren't, I had to return both bags. Was it an error on Amazon part? ... Most likely, it isn't.

The label on the clear plastic (packaging material) bag stated: "30 inch Carry Case". Unfortunately, that's the not correct. I measured 28 inches in length on the outside of the case, from seam to seam. Since I ordered 2 bags, both bags were of the same length, 28 inches long. It was if the error came from the manufacturer when they did the packaging.

I gave this review a 3 star instead of 1 because the bag itself seemed to be built well and of good quality material.

So, if you're not bothered by the 2-inch shortage, this is a good bag. It even has 2 long pockets inside plus 1 on the outside as shown on the image of this listing.

PS: I hope Amazon investigate this issue with the actual length of this carry case, and make some correction soon. In the mean time, heed the warning.
on August 4, 2014
I was in search of a rolling case for four lightstands, a tripod, and a host of other lighting odds and ends that I needed to get from point A to point B. There are some really pricey rolling bags out there, but I wanted a more budget friendly option (don't we all!) and choose this one.

Now, I've had a mixed bag of results from Cowboystudio products. There have been enough broken zippers and torn handles to write a novel about. So I have to admit this one isn't made too particularly well, the zipper sticks so you just have to be careful. I'm a little worried about the wheels themselves, they are definitely cheap plastic so I'm just careful with them when going over curbs and stairs, but (fingers crossed) I am moving into month 5 of owning this and everything is still a-ok!
on January 18, 2016
This is great for a portable lighting set for a photographer with a tight budget. The material is not really "professional" quality, but for the price, it does the job! I am able to fit two light stands, two umbrellas, my flashes, remote triggers, and a bunch of spring clamps, with room to spare. It is a light/medium bag IMO, but it's good for the occasion for when you have to tote your equipment to and from a location now and then. Overall, I am very happy with it!