Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

CowboyStudio Set of Two 7 feet Photography Light Stands with Cases
Style: 2X803|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 13, 2017
I received my package but did not receive any cases/bags or covers as it is stated... :(
"CowboyStudio Set of Two 7 feet Photography Light Stands with Cases"

product has possible shaky legs even after fully extended, very light may need sandbags if you are skeptical on wind blowing it over
great for beginners, but for a Octobox and speedlight flash, I would go heavy duty version

Budget Ballin in a pinch, yes...
Long Term use or out in the field to impress clients, no
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2016
Light, durable and straight forward light stand. I use this in ever photography and video shoot I have. Whether it is holding a clamp for a reflector or a flourescent light unit or sometimes an off camera flash unit and softbox, this unit can hold it's own. To make it even more tough, throw a sandbag on the feet and it will hold more than you'd think. I love that it comes with the bag. Many light stands don't so consider that in your purchase. All in all, I'm still using it on both photo shoots and video shoots and it hasn't broken down on me yet so it gets two thumbs up from me.
on November 23, 2013
This thing is a great cheap little stand. I was a little surprised by the quality of the metal, it felt light and sturdy enough that it would not bend in half. It was definitely the right choice after I bought a cheaper one that was like $2 dollars less but received either 2 defects in row or it was just a bogus product. This one does exactly what its suppose to and extends to the max 7'. It also comes with a cheap *** 25 cent carrying case that also gets the job done. Totally worth it if it a cheap frugal person like me.
on November 12, 2017
The base of these seems narrow for how tall they are. If you're using outside to hold something like a sheet (I know from experience) they will fall, even with a weight. My weight was not fabulous and it was windy, but it was truly a pain to deal with. SO, nothing is wrong with this product necessarily, but it isn't heavy weight or extra sturdy... bring good weights if using outside or inside really as things may get bumped.
on October 24, 2017
They are very inexpensive, and would be fine for indoor use. I found them too unstable for most outdoor use without having someone holding the stand to keep it from blowing over. (Sandbags help with little to no breeze, but anything more and it will come crashing down).

Spend a couple more dollars and go for the Cowboy Spring Cushioned Heavy Duty Light Stand. It's a few dollars more, but much better quality.
on March 11, 2017
I give it 4 stars because it seems as good as can be expected for the money. Its the lightest and least expensive 12 foot stand I have come across, and I paid about $30 a few years ago (though have used only occasionally). I have put Arri 1K fresnels about 10 feet in the air and felt OK about it indoors with two fifteen pound sandbags as ballast. Any higher and any less sandbags felt a bit unsafe. With such a heavy load, the smallest diameter tube would bend when extended--thus less than full extension on all risers for such a big light. Of course a heavier two hundred dollar stand would normally be used for such--but this stand fills a niche for those with light equipment or in need of reducing cost or weight of the stand. Would stand up to moderate use but not to be slammed around with the plastic knobs & medium gage aluminum shafts.
This is perfect for my ring light and my camera. It holds my light and camera very steardy. It is nor wobbly at all. It is easy to install everything onto it, and it is easy to put away. I think the price is perfect. Shipping was awsome. It came on time, and nothing was damaged. I bought this to use as a stand for my camera and ring light for my youtube channel. I have not did a formal review on my channel YET but you can see the difference from my earlier videos until my more recent videos if you would like to see my youtube channel's name is bubblylioness. I really do recommend this.
on September 22, 2011
I've been using two 7-foot compact light stands for about 3 years now (Manfrotto and Cowboystudio), but I've been recently needing to get my wireless speedlight flashes above my subjects (usually wedding couples).

I knew I couldn't find many low-priced & compact units, so I decided to find what I could for around $30.

When I received the stand I was really surprised at how light it was. Yes, it is larger than my 7-foot Manfrotto, but I'm actually very happy with the build and the height for the price. $29?! I'm going to order another. They get above the average person just fine, and the feet stretch out enough to be very sturdy.

On that note, this 9 foot is much better built than my 6 foot Cowboystudio light stand (which I think is a piece of junk, but I'll continue to use it until it fails).

Good stuff!

Ben
on August 24, 2017
The Cowboystudio 7 ft 4 Section Portable Adjustable Stand is great. I have three. One I use for the beach exclusively because the nuts and screws will rust.

I use them with a reflector boom for my small led lights and a speed light with a small soft box. This stand is not for a medium to full size strobe. If you use a ad360 or the ad200 flash. This stand is perfect for them when using the s bracket. Just keep the modifier small.
on May 9, 2017
This stand was recommended by Amazon for the Neewer Camera Photo 18" dimmable ring light, and the ring light doesn't mount to this very well. Aside from that it's a super light, and relatively flimsy stand.

If you're on a tight budget, and are not intending on moving your stand too much, then this is for you...but if you need a stand that you can move around and that you want for a long time, keep shopping elsewhere.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse