Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
Don't buy these, unless you need a plausible excuse for burning down your house.
on February 16, 2016
Almost burned my house down. Setup was fine, got my studio area ready, turned the lights on to check function, went to grab a fill light, and the first bulb flicked off, with a nasty electrical smell. I pulled it to check it in another light socket, and it was dead.
By the time I got back the other bulb was flickering and making electrical short noises, and smoke was coming from the ballast. I quickly unplugged it and out of curiosity I grabbed my laser interferometer and checked the base of the bulb. It was 250 degrees F. I don't know if it would have burned my house down if I'd been distracted, but it is ridiculously dangerous, very poorly made, and the people who sold it are bad and they should feel bad, and everything about the lights are bad.
I'm returning it for money and I'll buy some lights that are less potentially lethal.