Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 26, 2017
I got this to replace an old strap. This is really comfortable. It is made of stretch neoprene and feels nice with a heavy setup on the end. Construction seems solid as well. The only kicker (pic) is that there appears to be some error in wording. It says "for Nikon made for". There appears to be too many "fors" in the label. But in the end - I could care less as I got it for function not form.
review image
on June 3, 2015
It's okay for the price. I bought it for a new camera I purchased. It doesn't look like the smaller side straps which loop to the camera are very secure and I want my camera to be VERY secure. I keep wondering when the lock straps are going to loosen. I'll probably purchase something else that is more comfortable and gives me more piece of mind. Also, this neck strap does not have the quick release attachments. I knew it when I ordered it but the price suckered me in. I realized how much I like the quick release when carrying the camera crossbag style ( have others with quick releases). I don't like the big Nikon sign but that's just being picky. I use it with the sign facing in so I'm not displaying it, so no big deal. In all, it's a decent strap but there are better one. I personally would not re-purchase.
on March 30, 2018
The length of the strap is rather short, as compared to other neck straps that I have for Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, and old Minolta.
With the strap the camera hangs just below my sternum, which I believe is too high (i.e. neck strap is bit too short).

Secondly, the strap is very "bouncy". Instead of having firm and solid feel, this feels like a big rubber band. I do not like
the feel of the bounce when I am using this strap. I will be buying another strap.
on April 23, 2017
I'm returning mine because (A) it doesn't say Nikon, it's just a plain black strap, and (B) it's too short. It holds the camera about chest level, and I prefer mine to hang across my body at about waist height. However, it is well-made, if you like a short strap. I ordered another Ape brand strap instead, which is a little wider and much longer but also more than double the price.
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is a really good strap for the money. Its well made and goes well with your Nikon camera. At first I thought it was too short I actually ordered another strap that was longer...The way I carry my camera is with the strap over one shoulder and the camera under my arm of the other shoulder.... I've been thinking maybe I do not need to do that and I can just carry my camera facing forward at chest level with this strap attached...
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2017
Attractive, BUT . . . . 12" too short to be practical . . . .. and the word "for" is on their twice. Once above the name Nikon, AND to the left of the name Nikon. Dumb. Also, the padding is too thick. Useless for my needs.(Will give it away). (NOT as in the photo).
on May 21, 2015
I initially bought this neck strap in December 2013. Since my purchase, I've used it for my Nikon D800 and whatever lens I had attached (normally my Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-D, 1993 edition lens), so not a light combination by any means. I don't take pictures too often, probably about 1-2x per month. When not in use, my camera is carefully stored in its bag.

The strap is certainly more comfortable than the original Nikon strap that came with my camera, though it has a tendency to twist easily and flip upside down, even during normal use. I found that my camera pulled on the strap more than I would like: the strap constantly seemed more stressed than it should be with a Nikon camera. The straps always stayed firmly in place on the sides, so you don't have to worry about dropping the camera if this strap is properly installed.

My biggest complaint is that the strap eventually began to tear where the neoprene meets the stitching towards the camera straps. The stitching into the neoprene portion appears to have weakened the neoprene and eventually (within about a year of irregular use), the strap tore completely at the attachment point. If it hadn't been for the reinforcing edges of the neoprene strap, which did not tear. This happened to me while I was on vacation, so I spent the second half of vacation worried that my camera was going to fall from my neck, though fortunately it never did.
2 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2016
I really like this neck strap even though it is too short. (Should be about 12 inches longer). The strap is made of thick stretchable neoprene with a rubberized coating on the inner surface. The end of the straps are terminated by some kind of leatherette which seems to be very well sewn to the strap ends which connect to the camera.
on March 7, 2013
Very nice neck strap for my Nikon D5200. The strap seemed to have high quality rubber/foam with high quality stitching. The Nikon logo is perfectly imprinted in yellow. I highly recommend this strap for your Nikon camera. 20 times better that the original packaged strap.
42 people found this helpful
on July 27, 2015
I bought this to replace the woven strap that came with my Nikon camera. It attached to my camera easily in pretty much the same fashion as the original strap. The padded strap is so much more comfortable than the rough edges of the woven strap. It feels quality made and I haven't had any wear issues so far. I wish it had a place for my lens cap, but for the price this is a great option.