Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 160 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 182 reviews
on November 4, 2013
If you lug you heavy DSLR around all day with the neck strap you will probably have a sore neck, like me. I was skeptical about the Shoulder Sling strap, but decided to give it a try. In short, it is great. It attaches to your camera screw mount with a small plate and is adjustible to let the camera hang at about any desired placement. The sling slides on the strap to let you move the camera into eye level, or LCD view level to quickly take your photos. I already removed my neck strap.
on November 18, 2013
This broke after less than four short low stress non-extreme (just walking!) outings. Just walking around with a small DSLR camera (Nikon D3200) and a medium lens. My son was wearing it and luckily caught the camera before it hit the ground. Looks like the stitching that attaches the strap to the pad gave way.

Before it broke - it was great.
on March 29, 2014
I wish I can give this more stars as I liked using it but its so poorly made I can't recommend it.

Essentially, the manufacturer didn't bother to tie the ends of the threads in the stitches so product will unravel easily after use. Imagine using it for a few days, you see a loose thread, a few more days the thread gets longer and if you pull on it and the whole thing starts to unravel.

The first one I received was already coming apart out of the box, figured I got a defective one and exchanged it. The replacement was a bit better, but was still poorly stitched. I really needed it for a trip so I decided to take a needle and thread and reinforced the stitching myself in two areas of the strap that looked questionable. Left for a 3 week trip, used it daily for two weeks and noticed the stitching coming apart in another section of the strap that previously looked fine. Kept using it for another week as it unraveled more and more daily. By the end of the trip I was wondering how many more days before the strap comes apart and drops my DSLR to the ground!

It would be a good product if it weren't so poorly made. Fit my T4i just fine and was able to open the battery compartment with it on as well and it allows you to attach a tripod mount removing the strap mount. The shoulder pad does tend to ride up and move towards your back as you use it, a bit of a annoyance but it wasn't too big a deal

Bottom line: It works, but its so poorly made don't bother getting it unless you're can and are willing to restitched the thing yourself.
on March 3, 2014
I really really wanted this to work and I hope it still does. While I was revelling in how much lighter my heavy camera and heaviest lens felt on my body during a shoot the other day...bam!, my camera comes loose from the SCREWED on base attachment and hits the ground. Thank goodness I had my lens hood on because it absorbed the brunt of the force and is so much easier to replace (which I have had to do because it cracked) than the other components. Only a few minutes before the camera fell I had double checked it for security so all I can think is that the movement of my body somehow jostled the camera loose? Consequently, i'm scared to not have my hand on my camera at all times now which pretty much defeats the purpose of why I bought this sling. I emailed customer support on the CowboyStudio site yesterday but no word yet.
I head it through the grapevine that there is an alternative way to attach your camera to this particular strap, anyone know of it?
It will be a great product if I can ever feel safe using it again.
on May 21, 2014
This strap is an inexpensive copy of a great idea. It allows my camera to hang lens-down under my jacket, while permitting me to swing it into shooting position quickly. As delivered, the buckles limit the swivel's range of motion, but with a little creative re-routing of the strap, you can move both buckles up next to the neck padding and free up the entire range of the sling for movement. The only complaint is with the quick-disconnect carabiner type clip. It has a threaded collar to keep the clip closed, but nothing limits the range of the collar from unscrewing off the threaded portion when in the locked position. This is a minor detail since the clip would not accidentally open even with the collar off the threads, but a little more attention to detail (and a few cents for a better clip) would have made this a near perfect product. Overall, I was very satisfied with the strap and would highly recommend it.
on September 5, 2013
This strap is so much better than the over the neck straps that come with dslr's. Shooting is a breeze, and the camera is not bouncing off of your body when you walk with it.
Knowing that it will slide around but the price being good I bought this before I bought another one with the strap underneath the armpit made by another brand.

Four star total for overall quality and ease of use. The padding is actually pretty comfortable and never dug into my shoulder carrying my 7D with grip and 70-200 all day.

Of course if you're going to be running around with it all day you'll find out quickly the strap slides around which can be a bag thing. If you're just wanting a walk around and easy to use strap then this is your strap. The ones with the extra strap can be a hassle if you need to take them on/off often.

The threading on the bottom of the camera of course is metal with thick rubber seal so I tightened it as best as I could and have never came loose!
on February 16, 2016
I was a bit concerned before deciding to buy the product. I have read so many negative comments and complaint about broken latches, straps, carabina....
Maybe the company after reviewing all these complaints was able to solve issues because with the one that I got I haven't any problem.
Actually when carrying the camera it happened many times that I've been stopped by people asking me where they might be able to buy it.

Very useful and comfortable to use. This is a really nice and inexpensive way to carry your camera. Particularly, I enjoy using it because it keeps my hands free while the camera is always handy.
Also I get the weight off my neck! For me now, is much easier to carry my camera, especially when I'm using a 18-200mm lens.
on October 29, 2013
For the price, I wasn't expecting too much. But this thing is really well built, and it's just what I wanted for being able to pick up the camera and shoot quickly.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 3, 2014
I have always used the strap that came with the camera to hang it around my neck. Then when watching a video I saw a camera sling and thought that's for me. So after researching on Amazon, I decided on this one. Of course price was a factor that played into the choice, but also I wanted a secure sling. I looked at the hooks that secure the camera to the sling, and this one looked to be the best.

First lets talk about the sling. It's wide and long, meaning you can adjust the sling so the camera will hang down to your knees. It has a large padded section on the sling that will go on the side on your neck and shoulder for comfort. In that padded section is a zippered pouch that takes up half the padded section. To secure the sling to the camera there is a thick metal plate with a thumb wheel to screw into the tripod threads. Connecting the plate to the sling is a hook. There is a metal collar that unscrews to the bottom of the latch to open the latch or screws to the top of the hook to secure the latch.

When I first started using the sling, I would unscrew the collar and separate the camera from the sling, leaving the metal plate attached to the camera. Over a short amount of usage the collar started having trouble tightening up at the top of the hook in order to lock the latch. As you tighten the collar it jumps a thread and you start tightening again. I think some would call that stripped threads. But even with that, the collar does secure and the latch will not open unless you screw the collar down. I am not concerned my camera is in danger, but I thought it was worth a mention. So now I disconnect the sling by using the thumb wheel.

The way I have the sling adjusted the camera grip is right at my hand. I do like the sling, but without going to a store to try one out it will be difficult to choose the one with the best hook. I would like to rate it at 5 stars, but 4 will have to do.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.