Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cowboystudio 4-Channel Radio Remote Trigger with 2 Receivers for Studio Strobe
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on May 6, 2010
I'm an amateur photographer setting up my first studio. After serious research on wireless flash triggering, I decided to try out this $30 set before investing in pocket wizards. Now I know that pro's out there will cringe when I say this, but this off-brand set is amazing. I purchased a second receiver and I could not be happier. If all you're looking for is a way to trigger the flash without wires, these are perfect. Their range is insane! I fired the flashes from the other side of my house, through 4 walls (of course more than necessary). Now, keep in mind that you don't have any control over the flashes, besides setting them to fire as 1 or 2. But if you're setting all of your info manually in to your camera, that is all you need. This is the best $30 I've spent on equipment thus far.
on April 18, 2012
I just purchased an Interfit EX300 flash kit from Amazon and knew I wanted to get a wireless device to trigger the flash heads. At this point I could not justify spending a couple of hundred bucks for one of the bigger name triggers. Maybe someday, but not today. I have seen other items from Cowboystudio and it seemed like they offer decent products at a very good price. This is a no frills trigger in no frills packaging. There is no instruction manual or even so much as a sheet of paper inside the package showing what you bought. There is just a plain white box with a plastic insert containing the transmitter and receivers. All you have to do is add two AAA batteries into each receiver, turn the receivers on, plug the cords into the back of your flashes, attach the transmitter to your camera and you are ready to go. The receivers come with a standard phono plug (just like you used to have on your old stereo headphones), but included are two adapters for a mini-plug. Make sure the switch settings match on all of the units and you should have no problems. This item is well worth the small cost.
on March 31, 2011
The remote and trigger worked flawlessly when I attach them to my strobes and Canon 5d markII. I tried a more expensive product and after the second shoot I couldn't get them to fire. When I'm in a photo shoot with the talent and clients paying hourly, having to stop and troubleshoot my wireless is NOT GOOD. I have used these remotes for over 10 shoots now and they have fired every time. I am usually only a couple feet away from my lights so I'm not sure how well it works from a large distance. All of my lights are 1/8in plugs so I'm glad they provided the adapters. I'm not sure what the more expensive products could offer. These recievers are great for indoor or outdoor shooting.
on March 29, 2010
Received this set rather quickly. Tested both the receivers and found that one of the receivers didn't work via Sync cable. Got an RMA and sent it back and Cowboy Studio simply sent me another one. The new one works well now. Thanks Cowboy Studio!!!
on December 31, 2013
It does not fire the strobe consistently. When I press the "test" button, it only fires the strobe on occasion. Based on the reviews, it seems like some people get triggers that work. Some people, like me, get triggers that don't work consistently. If you like to gamble, you can buy these and see if you get a good pack. But I'd advise you guys to avoid this and save yourself some trouble.
i have bought like 3 different sets of wireless controls and finally this do work as advertised.
i can go all the way to the kitchen with walls in between and they do still fire everytime.
i even got another set for a backup camera that i use at the same time i shoot so i wont be switching the transmitter in between cameras.

Abolutely LOVE this transmitters!

10000% recommended.
on July 5, 2016
Works great! Easy to use. Pretty decent range, too. I fired a shot from the opposite side of a venue from where my lighting set up was and the lights fired, to my surprise. Ok, so I shot quite a few shots from outside the back of the venue and was told the lights kept flashing inside because I forgot the transmitter was still on top of my camera. I have no qualms about recommending it to anyone who needs only one remote strobe or if they have connected strobes.
on January 16, 2016
These aren't horrible, but they aren't good either. They will get the job done, but are cheaply made. The receivers die after a lot of hard use in a studio. We usually buy these by the carton and use them for a month or so, and just pitch them when they break and open a new one. A good tip if you use these a lot is to purchase rechargeable batteries!
on August 9, 2015
These triggers are crap. One of them had the battery compartment lid so loose it would not close properly. When I finally did try them in a shoot, they both missed most of the clicks. I installed them in my AlienBees and even though I was scarcely 10 feet away from the receiver, the receiver missed easily 60% of the clicks. I tried both receivers and had the same results. I have a fairly big collection fo Cowboy Studio triggers, so I was surprised at the awful awful quality.

As a follow up on this. Worlwide Studio or whatever the company that sells it is called authorized the return. However, when I asked whether or not they would pay for the shipping, they NEVER ANSWERED BACK.

This is an awful company to do business with.
on January 12, 2014
I use these remote triggers with CowboyStudio 180-watt Soft Box kit. Using the remote triggers with our three Nikon cameras (D800, D300S, D3200) works flawlessly with the strobe lamps in these soft boxes; their light outputs easily cover our home studio. I was a little concerned at first that these triggers may lag (out of sync with) the cameras’ shutter actions but there was no issue with any of our Nikon cameras; especially the D800 syncs up and gets sufficient light all the way up to 1/320th-of-a-second shutter speed. The range of these triggers easily covers our home studio (20x20 ft) and there is no reception issue with moving all around. One note, to replace the 12-volt battery for the transmitter RF-604 one has to unscrew the RF-604 to get to it; whereas the batteries for the receivers RD-504 are easily accessible by flipping open their covers.