Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 29, 2014
In a nutshell...it works. If you stretch it tight, steam out wrinkles, and don't care what's behind it. Because it's not super easy to just "pop up". Give yourself 45 minutes to an hour for stretching and steaming by yourself. I'm using it on it's horizontal axis (20Wx10H) as a background for large dance groups. I use either a white vinyl floor or the natural floor. I also recommend no matter what support system you have, that if you use it horizontally like I do...go to the hardware store and get some L shaped PVC moulding and some clamps that you can use at the base where it meets the floor. This makes for a nice edge.

Pros:
1. Light weight
2. Large
3. After wrinkles are gone it looks good

Cons:
1. Takes time to steam/stretch out wrinkles
2. Not double backed...you can see through it if there is a bright source (even a white portion of a wall) behind it. So use it with some duvetyne or get two and double them up if you're going to have windows or mirrors behind.
3. No grommets (not a big deal, but worth mentioning). Grommets make stretching easier.
on April 19, 2017
All cotton will have wrinkles when folded. It took me 5 minutes to get rid of them all. Hang the cloth and the lightly spray with water from a 1 gallon pump garden sprayer. You don't have to iron or steam the cloth. Just get it lightly wet.

Roundup 190259 1-Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer for Controlling Insects and Weeds or Cleaning Decks and Siding
on September 5, 2013
I have purchased several of these backdrops from Cowboy Studios and never been disappointed yet. They are light weight and easy to handle. They are large enough to cover most any subject. When folded for storage they do have a tendency to wrinkle, and ironing something this large can be problematic. I move the subject away from the background so the wrinkles are out of focus. They are ready made and less expensive than purchasing fabric and making your own. Some reviewers complained about light showing through the material when back lighted by a window. I use these against a wall or block a window with tin foil.
on May 9, 2016
A little too thin. I was expecting it would be the same material that Cowboy Studio sells with its stand kit, like their CowboyStudio Photography 10 X 20ft Chromakey Green Muslin Backdrop with 10ft Heavy Duty Crossbar Background Support System with Carry Bag

However, this one was a much lighter shade of green, and the material was thinner. It lets too much light through if you don't have a wall behind it. Definitely disappointing.
on August 16, 2013
This product seems to be well made and I definatly use it but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. It is kind of see-through like you wouldn't want to hang it infront of a white wall because you would be able to tell. I have worked in a couple of studios and they all had black behind their backdrops so in that type of a situation it would be just fine, but I am just starting to do photography for myself and got the bright idea to hang it from the curtain rod infron of my sliding glass doors (since i don't have a backdrop set-up yet) to take a couple shots of my little girl just to try it out and it did not look good, lol. Again not a huge issue but something to thing about.
on June 1, 2017
The material is very wrinkly. I however did not have a problem with the thickness, since I was shooting with a darker background behind it. But if a light were behind the backdrop, you could see through it. It is like a thick sheet. I have a small steamer which helps a little with the wrinkles, but I think I would need a steamer that is larger or works better. I will definitely keep an eye out for a better backdrop in the future. If I would have known how hard the material would have been to work with, I would not have purchased it. Luckily I have photoshop to save the day.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I needed a larger green screen than the one I had in order to get a full body key. I was happy to see my green screen arrive in a quick and timely fashion. When I open the packaging and felt the fabric I was a little disappointed. the green screen felt like a cheap bed sheet and it was full of wrinkles. I spent over an hour ironing it to get all of the wrinkles out. Once I had it up and lighted I was able to created the scene I needed. It made a great key and made my video look fantastic. Overall I like it because of its size, but I'll need to iron it everytime I use it.
on May 5, 2014
It is very easy to remove wrinkles from a cloth backdrop: Hang it up, fill a mist spray bottle with water, and lightly spray the wrinkles. The wrinkles will literally melt away. Keep spraying every few minutes until the wrinkle is gone. Takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, you won't worry about wrinkles any more. You do have to be careful not to overdo it, you don't want wet spots which take longer to dry (but a hair dryer set to low fixes that too).

Solution to the light going through a thin backdrop: get a cheap white cloth and hang it behind the colored drop. I use a king size bed sheet. The best solution is to buy a thicker back drop from the start. If money is an issue, the white sheet is a cheap alternative.
on December 25, 2015

0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2013
I ordered two of these for a shoot I have comment up. Shipping was fast and products arrived in good condition.
I read they are thin, but all muslin is, I'm satisfied with the quality of material. Hung it up, misted it with water and out came the wrinkles. Thanks for another great product at a great price Cowboy Studios!