- Brand Name: Cowon
- Model Number: D2P-08BL
- Digital Storage Capacity: 8.0 GB
- Color: Black
Cowon D2+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Video and audio player with FM tuner, voice recorder, and text and photo viewer
- 2.5-inch, 24-bit QVGA (320 x 240) touchscreen LCD with 16 million colors
- Up to 52 hours of music playback (10 hours of video) on one charge
- SD/SDHC/MMC/MMC-plus card memory expansion
- DRM-protected content and BBE+ support
Top-Rated Portable Bluetooth Speakers
Check out our recommended portable Bluetooth speakers from your favorite brands such as Bose, Beats, and Philips. Shop now.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
- superb sound quality.
- excellent bookmark function- 256 bookmarks. It returns to the bookmark and continues to the follwing tracks (unlike Zen which just stops, as do many other players, and windows mobile players).
- the touch screen is very nifty and the smart menus pop up nicely. Navigation quickly became intuitive.
- the standard folder structure makes loading books and tracks very simple. I am over Itunes and do not miss it.
- 16GB or 8GB or 4GB of internal memory, then an SD slot which means you can have as many SD cards as you want. bookmarks work on the current SD card no worries.
- excellent for music albums.
- the video function works well when I test it, although I am not interested in using it routinely.
If you're looking for the best portable audiobook player, you've found it. But if you just want to listen to audiobooks on your computer get ViddyMP3 for free. Or if you want to tinker get Rockbox free software for various portable players. I think the D2 is great for music too as its sound is clearly superior to Ipod and Zen to even my untrained ear.
It does not do playlists, but really who needs them? I mainly used to use them to work around Itunes bugs.(maybe I like compilation albums, but I can just compile a folder of MP3's any way I like).
Wishlist- on the fly erase & click for more details on the bookmarks (but still the best for bookmarks), playlists (OK already).
Tips- use the stylus supplied for navigating the touch screen.
- when you first ever turn it on, be careful as the first thing you do is set language and I accidentally clicked Korean!!Read more ›
an A7 16gb and a A7 8gb. Lastly, I have 3 8 gb U5's. I will cut right to the chase! For sound and other on-board excessories (radio reception, battery life, expansion capability and picture capability) you can do all the searching and exploring you want, Cowon blows all other MP3 players totally away. Lastly, it is so easy to drag and drop files and folders!
Ok! Here comes what is completley horrible concerning Cowon's Marketing!
1. The Manual has just got to go and be rewritten in order a person can
see the directions and understand them.
2. Customer Service might as well be on Mars, they are unreachable by e-mail or by phone.
I would like to love this player. I could totally deal with the almost entirely useless manual, the lousy support site and the somewhat complicated navigation, if only I could play my audible books. The sound on this thing is absolutely incredible. I am not an audiophile, but this player could totally turn me into one.
Unfortunately, the primary use I make of an mp3 player, is listening to audiobooks. And while the bulk of my collection consists of mp3 audiobooks, I also have several from Audible. I am not terribly keen on the idea of converting Audible books to DRM free mp3, because the only conversion software that will convert has to convert in real time - which means that a 27 hour audiobook takes 27 hours to convert. Besides which, I really like the sync to my audible manager, which allows me to listen to the books on both my computer and player, while keeping my place in the book.
After wandering through several google hits, I finally found a forum that was able to explain how to fix the problem. Apparently what you need to do is format the drive with windows and then install the latest firmware update ([...]). I am glad that I don't have to send this player back - at the same time this player is not terribly user friendly right off the bat. There are no indications on Cowon's website that you need to format the drive before installing the firmware update, nor are there any indications of the problems with Audible. And the instruction manual is a joke - I was only able to figure the player out through trial and error.
Finally, a hint for those who will be using this player for audiobooks in mp3 format - create a whole new folder to throw onto the root directory.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the most useless mp3 i have ever had.Support is no good at all.The software and drivers also will not work right.Published 12 months ago by J. d.
Not a bad MP# player by any means. Do make sure that you will be using the FLAC functionality, otherwise there are much cheaper players that do the same thing.Published 20 months ago by McKenna Macomber
Purchased these Cowon's for my daughter and husband. No manual included on how to download. All video purchases were not compatible. Read morePublished on December 30, 2010 by Jill Laybourn
Cowon has consistently made the best sounding MP3 player over the past seven years that money can buy. Read morePublished on September 25, 2010 by Rick Shehorn
I'd like to say that I love the A2 first. I've had it 5 years, and I'm sad they don't make it anymore. Read morePublished on August 25, 2010 by Jackie
Excellent product. I bought it for listening to music mainly, was soooo taken back by how it sounded and the functions I gave this one to the wife and turned around and ordered a... Read morePublished on July 18, 2010 by Bkew
I purchased this to replace a water-damaged 2GB Creative Zen. The Zen was half the price, but the 8GB Creative Zen is of comparable cost. Read morePublished on June 18, 2010 by Reefpip
Wonderful sound but the graphic interface is not working so nicely. Anyway I'll buy it again because it is the first mp3 player that is able to make me listen the sound ad a CD... Read morePublished on January 30, 2010 by C. Gaetano
I have had my Cowan D2 for 2 years now. I have had zero problems...the bookmarking is easy and just what the dr ordered. The sound was an awesome surprise. Read morePublished on January 7, 2010 by Knickfan