Cowon D2 4 GB Portable Media Player (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Touch screen interface
- Photo viewer; MP3 Player; Movie player
- In addition to the on-board 4 GB of storage, the D2 supports SD, MMC, and MMC-plus flash memory
- Video recorder; FM radio
- Compact Size. Jumbo View.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
COWON Cowon D2 4GB Portable Media Player with 2.5" Screen D2-4096BL (Black) Model: d24096bl Brand COWON Model D2-4096BL Type MP3 Player Color Black Height 2.2" Width 3.1" Depth 0.7" Weight 3.2 oz. Display Screen Size 2.5" Screen Format TFT Display Resolution 320 x 240 Display Colors 16 M Memory / Storage Storage Medium Flash Memory Storage Capacity 4 GB Support Cards SD Video Video Playback Formats MPEG4/AVI/WMV Images / Text Viewer Images Formats JPEG Text Formats TXT Digital Audio Supported Audio Formats MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG/FLAC Frequency Range 20 Hz-20 kHz Signal-To-Noise Ratio(SNR) 95 dB EQ Normal, Rock, Jazz, Pop, Classic, Vocal Connections PC interface supported USB 2.0 Headphones Jack 3.5 mm Stereo Jack Power Source Battery Type Built-in Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Battery Life(Audio Playback) 52 hours Battery Life(Video Playback) > 6 hours Recharge Time 3 hours Minimum System Requirements Operating System Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Apple MacOS 9.x, Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows XP, Linux 2.2.x or later Peripheral(s) CD-ROM/USB Port System Requirements Details Windows 98/98SE/2000/ME/XP - Pentium - 200 MHz - RAM 32 MB - HD 50 MB
Take your media everywhere with the versatile Cowon D2 4GB Portable Media Player. Featuring a 2.5-inch LCD touchscreen, wide video and audio file format support, audio recording via internal microphone or line-in jack, FM radio, clock/alarm, TV output, and more, all in an ultra-portable package.
A high-profile feature set in a compact form factor.
Use the TV Output for sharing your videos and images.
Compact Size. Jumbo View.
The D2's touch-sensitive, 16-million color 24-bit LCD 2.5" LCD screen maximizes your viewing experience. Enjoy finer details and richer colors from your movies and images. Also, sharing memories with your loved ones has never been easier. Watch it, read it, view it on your big screen TV or high-resolution monitor using the TV output.
Touch screen interface.
Use the D2's stylus touchpen for navigating your player's contents. It also doubles as a kickstand for extended viewing. The "Virtual Click" overlay navigation function lets you enjoy the convenience of navigating through the other contents in your player while watching video. Detailed information such as file size, pixel, format can be viewed while browsing through files. The direct searching feature allows you to move instantly to the position you've clicked on from the progress bar while you're playing music or movies.
Don't limit yourself. The D2 will play MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, APE and WAV file formats. ID3 support lets you browse your files by artists, genres, and albums. Use the screen to view lyrics while listening to your favorite tunes. Enhance your experience with customizable EQ, bass boost, and stereo effects. The MP Enhance feature compensates for sound quality lost in compression. Cowon's JetAudio VX software is used to create high-compression files for quality playback on COWON D2, and use Jetshell to play and manage your multimedia library
The stylus doubles as a stand for extended viewing.
Plenty of Room
In addition to the on-board 4 GB of storage, the D2 supports SD, MMC, and MMC-plus flash memory via the built-in SD card slot. You will never run out of memory. Transfer files freely from/to other digital devices such as digital camera, PDA, and more.
Hours of Power
The D2's rechargeable battery provides up to 10 hours of video, and up to 52 hours of music on a single charge. Wherever you go, free yourself from worrying about interruption of your music. The D2 can be charged via USB cable or standard wall adaptor.
The built-in microphone optimized for voice recording can be used to easily record meetings and lectures. Line-in recording capability allows recording of sound output from CDP, MD, TV and other playback devices. Use the clock to schedule recording of FM Radio.
Take Your Data, Too
COWON D2 is automatically recognized as a removable disk when you connect it to your PC via the USB cable. USB 2.0 that supports transmission of max. 40 Mbps speed.
What's in the Box
Cowon D2, Stylus, Earphones, USB Cable, AC Adapter, QuickGuide, Installation CD.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) A++ Sound quality!!! This is no joke.
2) The Audio enhancements like BBE, Mach Bass, EQ, Surround sound, ect.
3) Plays FLAC files!
4) Has Radio
5) Has Sleep, wake up to music, and you can schedule it to record radio.
6) Plays movies. Although I bought it for music enjoyment, I plan on using it for movies at work.
7) I like the Size of it. AND I like the build quality. It feels nice and solid, not feather light where it would slide everywhere.
8) The screen is beautiful and bright.
9) I like the GUI. I wasn't sure if I would at first but I as it turns out I like it a lot. It's a really neat feeling and it looks cool to navigate through touch screen. You can use the stylus or you can use your finger. I use both depending how I am feeling.
10) SD Slot for more memory expansion!!! Yay!
11) Battery life is A++! This is important to me because I am constantly fiddling with it using battery life. And my FLAC files take a lot of juice also. It's important for me to have a player that I don't have to worry about going dead. I can go two days of playing, at least, without recharging.
12) The Stylus. A lot of people don't like how it is attached to an elastic string which attaches to the player. I thought I wouldn't either, but I actually like it like that. It looks neat, it is different, and it is actually more convient because I don't have to slide it out like my Nintendo DS every time I want to use it. I can just grab it and wella!
What I don't like about it:
1) Ear buds that came with it. Throw them away! On a side note, this is a good thing because when I buy an mp3 player I want all my money going into the quality of the player itself, not the ear buds that I will be replacing anyways.
With the new lower price that this unit is going for, I feel like I got it for a steal. I'm still trying freaking out on how I got such a good deal with all these features and sound quality. This is my Second Cowon, I used to have an X5. You can't go wrong with this company. I don't understand why anyone would spend the same amount of money or more and get less features on other name brands. I guess you have to surf the internet a lot to find out about hidden gems like this one, because you'll never find it in a store.
Back to ebooks, it allows you to save a lot of bookmarks, there are 3 text sizes and scrolling in various speeds is also an option. I love it. At first it drove me crazy how lines would randomly stop, but now I'm used to it.
I don't think this could replace a dedicated ebook reader like the Kindle, but its great if you don't want to spend a lot of money on an ebook reader and simply need a multiprupose device with a touchscreen, good sound, video playback, ebook capability, flash games available, and the option of upgrading with sdhc. I have 2 8 gb cards that don't seem to slow down the startup too much. Let's see what else can I say.
Oh, the screen still has no scratches after 5 months (my zvm had scratched after 2 weeks), but I have left the plastic screen cover on it, lol, I never thought I would do that, but I keep meaning to get an official screen cover that will adhere, but procrastinate. I think the screen seems pretty durable, so I am not worried. I do wish it came in a greater variety of colors. I like to buy the pink device and had to make do with buying a pink silicone cover and that's just not the same.
Pros: Ebooks, Sound Quality, Battery Life, Screen, Games, Dictionary, Comfy size and feel in the hands
Cons: Needing to convert videos, lack of color options
Most recent customer reviews
bought it in april 2008
she still has it!
she hasn't need to purchase another mp3 player since then..Read more
Cost almost as much to return as I paid for it - so I...Read more
- superb sound quality.Read more