Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 28, 2009
Nancy Mehl's Winter Break anthology is highly recommended for a pleasant, absorbing and cheering mental vacation.
Main character Ivy Towers is the kind of person who would make a great best friend: self-deprecating, humorous, yet idealistic and compassionate. She has returned to a town that she remembers fondly from childhood. The death of her aunt is a shock, but spunky Ivy is undeterred in her determination to follow in Bitty's footsteps as a bookseller. Complications and romance follow.
Mehl is deft with her characterizations, creating three-dimensional small-town people with believable flaws and deep-seated values.
The gentle Christian message is a natural part of life in Winter Break, and strongly influences Ivy's attitudes. Anybody who has lived in a small town has encountered the same ups and downs of life there, encompassing both the tragic and the hilarious.
COZY IN KANSAS is a real treat, because the reader is able to trace several phases of Ivy's life in one volume. I'm looking forward to the fourth in the series, THERE GOES SANTA CLAUS.
on October 27, 2013
This is a good wholesome book you won't have to bed afraid to let you mom see you read ;) Nancy is an amazing author. My mom and I actually take turns reading her books.
on June 9, 2013
Nancy Mehl is a great author; I have read all her books so far; This book held my attention and was so easy to read and keep up with. Sometimes I have to put my books down and get some sleep or cook; Cozy In Kansas was one I couldn't wait to get back to. When I ordered this book, Amazon came to my rescue with timely delivery for me again!
on September 5, 2012
I love a mystery! I love good clean reading without crude ideas and foul language. Put all this together with a good plot(which usually contains a murder or two, and that's OK) and you've got my attention! I now "happily" own eight of the "America Loves A Mystery" series and would love to have MORE. "Cozy in Kansas" contained all of the above and I enjoyed all three episodes. Thanks Barbour Publishers and AMAZON!
on October 21, 2011
I read this series out of order. Each one was a stand alone book and enjoyable. I read all three because it was such an enjoyable world to join. The people were precious and every character was a welcome addition to the stories. It was almost a shame that one of those people could do wrong. And yet as art imitates life that is the very truth. People are fallen and no matter how kind people are those apart from Christ there is no hope.
on October 14, 2013
I love books and can't think of anything better than owning a book store. I was rooting for the main character, Ivy, and her
sheriff all the way. I would read anything by Nancy Mehl. She has a way of making one care about the people she writes about.
on August 8, 2012
Cozy in Kansas was well written and interesting. And 3 stories in 1 book is a great buy. My only problem was the print was so small. Wish I had gotten large print.
on March 29, 2013
It was really worth the money.

Thank for so much. I enjoyed reading this book from beginning to end. Thumbs up.
on October 16, 2012
I hoped for a series I could cuddle up with on cold nights. Instead, I found deep sleep just a few pages into it. I know that it's a hit for some people, but just not my genre.