- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1st edition (April 16, 1987)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0195049837
- ISBN-13: 978-0195049831
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 0.9 x 5.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (40 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #92,201 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Crabgrass Frontier: The Suburbanization of the United States 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Find Rare and Collectible Books
Discover rare, signed and first edition books on AbeBooks, an Amazon Company. Learn More on AbeBooks.com.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"A compelling narrative.... Jackson traces the consequences of the predominantly North American process [of suburbanization] through three centuries of technological, economic and social innovation."--Philadelphia Inquirer
About the Author
Kenneth T. Jackson, Professor of History at Columbia University, is the author of The Ku Klux Klan in the City, 1915-1930; Cities in American History; and a number of other books.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?