About the Product
- Players enforce justice against the backdrop of a crime-ridden metropolis that is massive in scale, monstrous in scope and meticulous in detail
- Cooperative gameplay for double the mayhem - Real Time Worlds focused on delivering dynamic, engaging cooperative gameplay for double the carnage, action and intensity
- 3D freeform gameplay -- explore and exploit the full width, depth and height of a city, as you face nonlinear objectives in a myriad of wild and creative ways
- All strategies and tactics are acceptable, provided players reclaim the streets -- players will be able to run at dazzling speeds, take death-defying leaps, handle the most incredible weapons, perform impossible vehicular maneuvers, move massive objects and deliver bone-crushing blows
- Use your environment as a weapon - Grab trash cans, vehicles, even people. Take your enemies' weapons, buid barricades, even arrange explosives to set them off later
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Pacific City is overridden; crime controls the streets. Three powerful gangs have taken the once-great metropolis hostage, and the police have proven powerless in their efforts to regain control. Only the Agency's deploying genetically enhanced agents of justice can provide citizens with some sense of hope. With an open-ended "sandbox" environment, players are free to explore the city and decide on the best tactics for each breathtaking scenario. Brace yourself. Justice is coming to Pacific City.
Next generation gaming has never been this open!
Three crime syndicates vie for control of the city. View larger.
Innumerable routes to objectives are available. View larger.
Your collection of weaponry increases rapidly. View larger.
Next-gen visuals pop off the screen! View larger.
A next-gen visual and gameplay style
Crackdown pushes the action-driving hybrid genre into the next generation with the first ever truly 3-D playground. Gamers will level up their Agent's strength, agility, firearms, explosives, and driving skills while scaling the fully vertical world. Enforce justice by any means necessary in Pacific City, a crime-ridden urban center primed to explode and ready for you to explore. Enter an interactive world where anything can be used as a weapon as you clean up the streets the only way you know how. Your way. Developed by Scotland's Real Time Worlds exclusively for Microsoft Game Studios and the Xbox 360 console, Crackdown is the brainchild of Dave Jones, the creative genius behind many innovative game titles such as Grand Theft Auto and Lemmings.
Harnessing the amazing power of Xbox 360, Crackdown players enforce justice against the backdrop of a crime-ridden metropolis that is massive in scale and meticulous in detail. The game's unique presentation employs a highly stylized rendering technique that turns it into a living, breathing graphical novel. You play the role of an enforcer for the city's "Agency," a law enforcement entity looking to take back neighborhoods and lives from three large crime syndicates. You are part of the new generation of crime fighters- an entirely new breed of genetically superior super-cops, designed to use the enemies' tactics against them.
From the initial conception, Crackdown has been built to feature a dynamic and engaging co-op experience for double the action, carnage, and intensity. Never before has a game allowed two players to simultaneously explore and interact with an open-ended game environment. Will you work together to find new ways of detonating your impressive stash of explosives? Or will you race each other to the next batch of collectible ability orbs? The choice is always yours!
An impressive number of weapons and objects are also at your disposal. Low on ammo? Never a problem. Thanks to an amazing amount of props and a deep physics system, you can use whatever you get your hands on as a weapon: Trash cans, vehicles, even people. Set the scene for mass destruction with a game that remembers your actions better than you do. Gather vehicles to assemble barricades, build epic piles of explosives, push it to the limit. Crackdown can take it.
A sandbox full of opportunities
For the first time ever, every inch of an urban playground has been designed for you to explore and exploit. Use any route necessary as you take down the crime syndicates, going under, around, or through the environment however you choose. While previous "sandbox"-style titles have allowed you to merely walk or drive around the environment, Crackdown encourages players to find new routes to and from destinations. Often times, scaling a building or traveling beneath the surface will present new and unexpected challenges to the player- or provide an even more deadly option for the enemy.
Get the job done, no matter what it takes. Any strategy or tactic is acceptable, so long as you re-claim the streets. Unleash the awesome powers of your agent, developing his full genetic potential, becoming faster and stronger, learning bone-crushing moves, using outrageous weapons, and defying certain death at every turn.
Top Customer Reviews
You basically play as a cop with superpowers that grow better as you play. So, the more you jump around, the better your jumping ability gets, and eventually you can jump over buildings. The more you fight, the better your fighting ability gets, the more you drive, the better your character's driving ability gets, and so forth.
It's an open world style game (but please, don't compare it to GTA, it's really quite different!) The guy who created GTA made this game, but the comparisons should really end there. This game is an original take on the open sandbox style of game. In some ways this game is more fun than the GTA games. You have superpowers! You can jump tall buildings! You can pick up and throw cars! In other was, it falls short of a GTA comparison. For one thing it doesn't have as much depth and as many varied things to do. But still, Crackdown will keep anyone entertained for a long, long time, and there's sure to be plenty of downloads to expand the game further.
All in all, this is a great game, tons of fun (just what a video game should be!), and it is well worth the purchase by its own merits! The Halo 3 Beta invite is just a bonus (although a really, really GREAT bonus!) But you don't have to take my word for it; go play the demo on Xbox Live!!
Note on the Halo 3 beta invite: You must own the game disc at the time the beta becomes available (late spring). So, no, you can't buy the game and then sell it and still get into the Halo 3 beta. You must have the Crackdown game disc in your XBox 360 drive to download and play the beta when it comes out.
- Great Co-op Gameplay allows two players play through the game from start to end. A co-op player can come into the game at any time and leave at any time.
- Leveling up your characters traits (Jumping, Strength, Driving, Shooting, Explosives) makes your character not only better at that skill but also gives you bonuses (Example: Leveling up your Driving skill gives you not only better control over driving any car, bus and or truck but your Agency Car gets upgraded as well with new abilities, such as adding car-mounted guns, think Twisted Metal)
- The world of CrackDown has some nice level design and areas both high (like skyscraper roof tops) and low (deep underground bunkers) are well though out and fun to traverse.
- Access to Halo 3 Beta Test
- No plot to speak of outside of being a super-cop and killing gang lords.
- Game is short with only 24 bosses and 3 riots (gang riots happen in each area after all gang leaders are killing in that area).
- Driving cars feels a bit sloppy even after getting 4 star max driving skills.
- Outside of foot/driving races, looking for orbs (about 500 in the game), and killing bosses there is not too much to do in the world of CrackDown.
- The Music in this title is not that great and over all forgettable - mostly generic techno (you only can get music while in a car, while on foot which you spend 90% of the game you get no music - like GTA). Thank god, using Xbox 360 built in "play any song I want at anytime" feature was here to save the day, just before you play a the game put in your favorite music CD, rip it onto the 360's Hard Drive and then later on while playing your game click the Xbox 360 guide button and go to select track (and play your own songs).Read more ›
Simply leveling up (a typical RPG element) works wonders in this game, meaning that simply jumping around the city beating up gang members is a blast.
The GOOD: Non-linear missions. No more fed-ex quests or escorting missions. You are tasked to take out major crime bosses. You can bump them off in any order you wish, and your actions have logical repercussions: take out the Russian mafia's gun supplier, and the grunts on the streets will have less lethal ordinance. Awesome, addictive superhero play- jumping around a city has never been this much fun. The graphics, reminiscent of "A Scanner Darkly" are awesome. Just plain fun action all around.
The BAD: Way too short. Once you kill off all of the gangs... there's nothing to do. You can run around the city, but with no baddies to fight, it gets old quick, since your character is all leveled-out by then.
Bottom Line: Original, addictive and a blast to play.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The only negative about this game is the length - you can beat it in a single day if you're good.
But, just like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, what little time you have in the... Read more
I played this game to no end then I sold it, got the urge to play it again so here I am reliving my teenage years. This game is awesome and got me into some pretty good bands.Published 1 month ago by matthew
For all the drugs and comedy insanity, I don't mind a game where poppin' some shots
What a crappy move. I ordered the original game and. What I got was the sequel which I already have.Published 7 months ago by Arturo W.