- Series: Graduate School Test Preparation
- Paperback: 1080 pages
- Publisher: Princeton Review; 1 edition (April 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 037542718X
- ISBN-13: 978-0375427183
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.5 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (21 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#904,491 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #187 in Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > Test Preparation > Graduate School > MCAT
- #665 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Nursing > Test Preparation & Review
- #971 in Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > Test Preparation > Professional > Nursing
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cracking the MCAT, 2011-2012 Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
ITPro.TV Video Training
Take advantage of IT courses online anywhere, anytime with ITPro.TV. Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Princeton review has changed their online resources. You actually have 4 online exams although 3 are book specific and the extra one is their generic free CBT exam except it shows up under your resources.
Despite the typos, I'm still giving this book five stars for the following reasons:
1. They are the only company that grades your essays and provide FEEDBACK!!! The essay isn't graded right after you take the exam because you could be taking it at 5am (who knows? that's the time i completed my cbt). But the essay grading shows up in about a week (i didn't log in till the next week so i can't tell if it showed up earlier). But right after taking the exam, it showed my essay score as zero for both essays. The feedback was specific with the person telling me what i did wrong on each essay and making suggestions for each one. I took the kaplan $2K class and essays don't get returned this fast. So to have essays graded from a book purchase, i'm impressed.
2. They have other resources such as discretes for each chapter as well as passages for the chapters. Lots of online practice for you to get used to taking the CBT. I rated kaplan highly because of their online resources and but princeton has done a good job matching up to the competition.
3. The content in the is presented in fairly easy way the reader is tested to ensure mastery. I actually found their verbal guide most helpful especially when it comes to detecting wrong answers. That has helped a lot in helping me eliminate wrong answers.
4. Almost forgot, they give an overal feedback on your performance.Read more ›
-Book includes 4 online exams
-Easy to read. Concise text
-Easy to transport with all subjects in one text.
-Not very thorough and missing material. (For example, I just finished the fluids and solids section and went back to an older text to realize there was a lot of information and formulas missing on pretty basic and integral concepts like Archimedes' principle. --Don't know if this is elsewhere in the book but if so, then there's a case for poor organization.)
I'm not really sure who this book would really be useful to considering it's very condensed and general; anyone who is really studying for the MCAT would know that is anything but what the MCAT is and requires.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pretty good and helpful, it has intros, short lessons, and morePublished 15 months ago by Ghadenfer
This book does a great job of teaching and of giving MCAT like practice exams. Only missing is the verbal sectionPublished on April 23, 2014 by dlpkitties
Really useful reference text for the MCAT examination. Would highly recommend this book but I would highly recommend that you use another publisher for more questions (i.e. Read morePublished on October 24, 2013 by Amazon Customer
The description of the product was very accurate and reliable. There are no markings and it looks just about brand new. I received it in no time. Read morePublished on October 7, 2013 by Divya
It's an MCAT guide. Not much more to say. It gets the job done, but definitely not for fun. Seriously though, ain't no one wants to take the MCAT just for funsies.Published on August 15, 2013 by Tennisacer001
All concepts explained clearly with examples, style of presentation assists retention of concepts. Additional systematic online practice tests with clearly explained solutions were... Read morePublished on May 29, 2013 by Vandana Deshmukh
The book has a great summary of all the information, but all the material is too brief. This cannot be your only review book if you want to do well on the mcat.Published on May 21, 2013 by Umar