BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Cracking The Hidden Job Market: How to Find Opportunity in Any Economy
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 2, 2017
I bought this book two years ago when I was job searching, and it was the #1 most helpful resource for my job search. (And I consulted a LOT of books, websites, and friends--so please understand that this is quite an informed opinion!) The most valuable part is that the book teaches you to play to a recruiter's own interests, approaching your job search in a way that will make their job easier, save them time and effort, and so on. No other job search resource I've seen takes that approach. This is so, so far beyond common sense advice; it really changes the way you approach your search, for the better.

I've since given the book as a gift to two other friends who are job searching. I can't recommend it highly enough!
on December 16, 2016
This book is absolutely great. I got it because i read some reviews with recommendations, was a bit surprised, the content of the book exceeded my expectations, pleasantly ! :) Great info about the hidden job market.
on September 10, 2017
A great book! Can be read in a few days, just the really important stuff in job search, not like the 300-page books about resumes and other nonsense. This is about how to network to get a job. I have been teaching job search skills to transitioning military for 5 years and this beek is perfectly aligned to what I teach!
on January 20, 2014
. . . and it quickly led to a part time job, that is helping me support my job search. Seriously, there are so many predators out there trying to make money off of desperate people looking for work . . . Donald Asher is the real deal. Recommended!
on May 18, 2015
This is one of those books I find myself recommending over and over. It teaches important concepts about job search that are timeless.
on February 19, 2011
I bought this book for my son who was laid off late last summer. His feedback is that the book is very easy to understand, well written and most importantly, offers a large number of valuable suggestions for job hunting, via the networking approach.
on March 24, 2016
Excellent guidance for applicants but also for those hoping to climb the old corporate ladder.
on March 14, 2014
I enjoyed reading it and learned a lot of good tips! I definitely think a lot of it depends on who you know but he had good advice in this book. A good read if you are a bit stuck and need some new concepts to think and do.
on January 27, 2013
Recommended by an unemployed client. Offers great advice to pass on to clients in the job market. Highly recommend this book.
on December 27, 2014
The best book I have come across on this topic. I have recommended it to many people.