Cracking the GRE with 4 Practice Tests, 2016 Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation) Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
* Straight to the point
* Clear explanations of how to solve problems
* They explain what might come in the GRE and try to teach you the ETS mindset
* Easy to read, almost like a story
* Practice exercises are challenging, unlike Kaplan Practice Tests
* Has many spelling and numerical mistakes, WATCH OUT
* Doesn't explain much theory, only some i.e. math principles. They just explain how to solve the problem. Their approach is that they will only explain what comes in the GRE. For me it's better to have a solid theoretical explanation.
Overall, very good for GRE. I think it's worth the money, but to have a well-rounded GRE preparation I would suggest flashcards and to review some old algebra and geometry textbooks. I bought the Manhattan Prep flashcards, and take them everywhere I go. Manhattan also has specialized textbooks for each section, it would be good to do this whole textbook and then strengthen your weak areas with Manhattan's.
The math section: I don't know but I found the practice problems super frustrating. Other reviewers found mistakes, so I sort of stopped in order to not confuse myself. The math section is very helpful for reviewing the concepts, especially the geometry. I used the ETS math review PDF (free on the ETS website) for practice problems, as well as the ETS powerprep software for practice tests. I didn't touch the full length practice tests in this book.
My findings were that the ETS verbal sections in powerprep were extremely similar to the real test. The quantitative section was more difficult in the real test than the powerprep but not as frustrating/ confusing as the practice questions in this book. I believe the math review concepts are great but I would do practice questions elsewhere. The overall tips and techniques for approaching the verbal and the writing portions, and the verbal practice questions, as well as the math concept review do make this book worth getting.
The book also has numerous spelling typos which while they don't detract from the content, they will make you more hesitant to trust this book as much as you would like.
Also, the 2 online tests are life savers. Switching from a paper format to a computer based one is more difficult than you would think, so it's great being able to work with the exact GRE computer program before the real test (it is necessary to adapt to the GRE's crappy analogue calculator!) Much more, the online tests are graded immediately, and you even get personal feedback within a few days of your written essays!
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > Graduate School Guides
- Books > Education & Teaching > Studying & Workbooks
- Books > Test Preparation > Graduate School > GRE
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > Graduate School
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Studying & Workbooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Test Preparation > Graduate & Professional > GRE
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Test Preparation > Testing