- File Size: 10077 KB
- Publisher: Princeton Review (February 4, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 4, 2014
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HKVHZ6E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#742,658 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #57 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Test Preparation > College & University > ACT (American College Tests)
- #140 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > College Guides
- #208 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Test Preparation > College & University > College Entrance
Cracking the ACT with 3 Practice Tests, 2014 Edition (College Test Preparation) Kindle Edition
|Length: 624 pages|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What is helpful for students and parents to understand about the reading tests on the ACT is that on tests given in school teachers want to provide quality answers. Teachers are testing to determine that students studied the material. Students just have to identify the right answer--it's more a test of did you learn the material?
The reading tests on the ACT are open book tests. The tests ask a question and the answer is right in front of you so they have to make it difficult to identify the answer. Because the reading tests on the ACT Test do not rely on your memory or knowledge base, they give you lousy answers, deceptive answers--sometimes you have to choose among the least worst answer. So, it takes strategy and knowing HOW the test company scrambles the answers in four different ways (distortion, switch, extreme answers and the "nice" answer) to lure students into the wrong answer. Once you know the ways they construct answers (there are only so many ways to do this), it is easier to spot the right answer.Read more ›
I highly recommend this book for anyone who is preparing for the ACT. We purchased two different books to aid in studying and this was by far the best one. You will not be sorry.
Some of the questions have answers which the ACT would consider incorrect based solely on logic. The explanations and evidence given for why answer choices are either correct or incorrect is sparse and seems like the person writing the book didn't care to educate, but rather rushed to turn out content.
Be wary of any book whose mission statement directly conflicts with the latest in learning behavioral research. Just buy a book of practice tests and actually do them within the time-frames given. The more you do, the better you'll get. Of course, for this to be effective, you'll have to really dig into why your incorrect answers are so; not just ignore them.
In addition, the explanations of the right answers in the math section can make math seem absolutely nonsensical. Here's an example: One question was about logs. It asked you to figure out what the log to the base 9 of 9 to the 7/3 is. The log to the base x of x to the a is always a. For example, the log to the base 10 of 10 to the 1 is 1. That's the simple answer. But the solution section gave a long-winded, incomprehensible answer to this that just muddies the waters considerably. Who WRITES these?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was a help for my Grandson to improve his ACT score.Published 18 months ago by Mr. Doyle R. Grant Sr.
Alright, So I got the book 2 months prior to my ACT. I read it thoroughly and took the 3 practice tests. Did above average on all 3. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Roosevelt M.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > College Guides
- Books > Test Preparation > College & High School > ACT (American College Tests)
- Books > Test Preparation > College & High School > College Entrance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > College Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Test Preparation > College & University > ACT (American College Tests)
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Test Preparation > College & University > College Entrance