Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on January 28, 2012
I saw this book mentioned on blogs and was looking forward to it's release so I could improve photos of my handmade soaps. I think this book is very good for people just starting out with taking good craft shots. But for those who already know about natural light and tripods and such, I'm not sure this book will help you take your shots to the next level. There wasn't much in there that isn't already available on the web for craft photography. I actually ended up getting a food photography book which helped me immensely more than this one. I'm giving this 4 stars because the descriptions says it will be useful for people at all levels and I don't agree with that. If the description called it a book for those just beginning to learn about photographing their crafts then I would give it 5 stars. I just didn't feel this book offered much for the novice trying to get more advanced.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2015
Very informative and exceptionally helpful. Lots of different perspectives from all types of sellers making various products. Basically anything you could possibly want to know about taking good photos of your crafts, from camera basics, to product specific information, and all the extra questions you can imagine. Really enjoy, can see myself using this for years to come as a reference.
on April 21, 2016
This little book had many basic tips that I had not thought of before. Lots of examples and pictures to inspire. Bought it used, and it was well worth the $5 I spent! It is a small book - so I would not recommend purchasing at full price.
on December 9, 2016
Great book, easy to follow instructions. Also using it at work, not just for my crafts.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 5, 2013
This has some good tips for taking photos of craft items. I make jewelry, and was looking for help with photographing the finished pieces. This is more for those whose previous experience of photography was mostly snapshots for personal pleasure. If you've already advanced to art photography, this won't be as helpful, although there are some tips you might not have come across in your own work...
Great book for beginner photographers who need great photos for their websites or Etsy shops.
on June 6, 2014
Plenty of information, but I did find it somewhat too technical for me. I was looking more for a beginngers' guide: this was not highly technical, but contained too much techno-speak for a "wrinkly" like me, to whom digital photography still seems to be magic in normal form!
on October 26, 2015
this is a simple, great book. Nothing real new in ideas but simply put and easy to implement. I highly suggest it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 4, 2015
Was just what I was looking for. Very fast shipment.
on March 10, 2013
Helpful information for photographing different items for online postings, however I was looking for something just a bit more technical on settings, etc. for lighting issues. Felt it was written more toward composition, etc.