Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Craig Vertical CD Shelf System with AM/FM Stereo Radio and Dual Alarm Clock, 3-Piece Black (CM427)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 4, 2012
Worked intermittently, did not come with batteries as stated, package looked like it was previously opened. Sound quality was AWFUL; I'm shocked that Craig would even have their name on this cheaply made product. Craig made great car stereos in the '80s and I bought this product due to the brand. The quality isn't even in the same state let alone the same ballpark!
on January 17, 2013
This system continuously shuts itself off. I have tried three seperate outlets and have gotten the same result every time. Absolutely worthless as an "Alarm Clock". Very dissatisfied with this product and would not recomend it to anyone.
on November 27, 2012
An inexpensive device … not too bad but problems make it unusable for the intended application.

Radio reception is a little weak which is to be expected for an inexpensive unit. I live in the country so more sensitivity would be nice but it works.

The remote is a little funky but if you use it enough you get used to it.

I have not tried the CD player yet. As I recall from the Amazon blurb it is supposed to play CD-Rs and CD-RWs; I had it in my mind that it would play MP3s burned to a CD but what I see in the manual does not look encouraging. TO BE CLEAR, that was an ASSUMBTION on my part and I do not detract from the device because I assumed something not in fact. I am just stating that here to assuage anyone else’s misconception.

The speakers are what you would expect on a unit at this price. You can hear them.

My main beef with the unit is the volume control. At level ‘0’ you hear nothing (as expected) at the next level, ‘1’, there is sufficient volume that I must turn the unit off when I am on the phone. It is not ‘blasting’—it doesn’t rattle anything in the room, but there is no volume setting suitable for ‘background music’.

Nothing is ‘so bad’ with this unit that I would send it back; On the other hand, nor would I buy it again either. I will swap it for the one I have in the garage that has good volume settings; that one will work fine in my study and this new unit will work fine out there where more volume is appropriate.

Minus one star for lack of radio sensitivity. Minus two stars for the volume issue because that one really is a engineering bungle.
on October 23, 2012
This is the second clock radio I've purchased in one week that had problems. The button needed to set the time only worked once. The time was a minute off and when I went back to fix it the button would no longer work.

I realize the powers that be have decided we are all supposed to use (and only use) our cell phones as alarms, but I can't be the only person who does not want to spend 24/7 attached to a cell phone. I would be nice if manufacturers and retailers actual gave people more than one option in life.
on May 16, 2013
Looked good. Sounded good. Loved the aux-in to plug in mp3 player. It stopped working after three months. No power. Tried other 9V power sources. Nope. Intermittent at first and then nothing. Craig Electronic's website sucks for customer service. Sending it back.
on January 25, 2013
the unit I received did not work, would not go to standby mode so clock etc could not be set, you get what you pay for.
on March 25, 2015
For the price this is a fairly nice machine and was just about what I wanted to give my wife for a monthly wedding anniversary gift: AM/FM, clock radio with battery backup, MP3 capability, and CD.. The CD works ok. The radio has good reception. Sound is good for the size. The speakers are mountable. For a small space and "wakeup" duty this is a pretty good buy.

Only one complaint, when the device is in use, the digital panel DOES NOT display the time,. Kinda dumb.
on January 5, 2013
CD player did not work, poor quality.
Feels cheap and light, had to send it back. Do not waste your money on this product.
on January 17, 2013
The clock has a few shortcomings in it's design. The buttons on the face require you to press hard enough to push the clock off the nightstand so if you're thinking of purchasing you'd better be hanging it or insist on using the remote. The remote it self has the snooze button one up from the bottom on the left row of buttons. Soooooooo easy to find when you're half asleep, ... NOT! The fidelity is less than I had hoped for but not bad. You definitely get what you pay for. The translator who rewrote the directions for us Americans doesn't speak English that well, obviously. I have hopes that it will last but Won't be surprised if it doesn't.
on February 9, 2013
Looks good. Sound quality not great, confusing controls. I would prefer an alarm clock that is independent of the other functions.