Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 152 reviews
on October 4, 2016
After buying tons of replacement filters for my old humidifier, I tried the Crane brand out. I love that it doesn't require a filter (I'm not great at planning ahead), and you can see the fine mist it puts out. Adjustable knob is helpful to get just the right amount of moisture. The directions state that it should not be placed on the floor, on top of a towel, or any wood product that may get damaged by moisture. That made it a little challenging to try and find a spot to put it in my daughters room, but I was able to find a plastic tray to set on top of a dresser, and then placed the humidifier on that. Cute design!
on January 27, 2015
We love the Crane humidifiers. They are quiet and usually put out a fine mist that doesn't make everything wet by morning. They really seem to the child sleep when going to bed with a stuffy head.

We had two frog models before moving on to the duck. I don't remember how long the frogs last but the duck only lasted about 10 months. We don't use regularly, but when the kid gets sick, we use it for about a week consecutively. I would have given this product five stars, but I expect it to last at least a year so I dropped one.

Before it breaks it functions wonderfully. We're going to try the little red dragon next.
on December 4, 2014
My daughter loves this thing. It's by far the cutest humidifier you can buy - and it even works very well. Too well, in fact. We keep it set on the lowest setting possible. At the highest setting, you could easily call it a fog machine! Very easy to refill, although the process can be a little drippy. Haven't had mold growth or mineral deposit issues like we've had with other humidifiers despite constant use for nearly two months now. Very sturdy, not easily tipped over accidentally, but to get that level of stability, this humidifier is one of the largest you will find. It's big and holds over a gallon of water. We consider it a keeper.
on March 19, 2012
This little sucker is cute, and works great. Fills easily, puts out lots of water vapor.

The tank and duck "lid" are a bit tricky to put on in the dark, when filling it at night after my little one is asleep, but it's not a big problem, and my own fault for not filling it before I put her down.

One tricky thing is you are not supposed to place it on wood, and it should be placed at least a few feet off the ground according to instructions. It should not be placed on a towel or carpet because you can block the fan intake on the bottom. I don't have any metal things that are high up in my child's room. It shouldn't be placed on wood because the humidity can ruin the wood surface.

I compromised by placing it on a piece of scrap wood on the floor. The risk of it being on the floor is that the carpet around it can get wet and musty, but running it at around 1/2 to 3/4 output has given me no problems so far. Not the best situation, but the best I can do. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure I don't ruin the carpet. The scrap wood is scrap, so I don't care if it gets damaged by the water.
on March 10, 2016
Our kids picked this out to replace the old elephant model we had. They love it! It is large and works well. I really like that it is safe (cool mist) so the kids don't hurt themselves if they get too close. We do use it on the carpeted ground, contrary to the instructions, but we did with our old model as well and have had no issues.
on January 9, 2017
Product works well - it does what it is supposed to, adds moisture to the environment. I like the large reservoir. However, the animal "face" portion (the duck face) collects condensation, which drips down the sides and, if not careful, can damage the surface of whatever the humidifier is sitting on. The "face" is removable. It has two slits at the top that disperses the mist. Remove the face, there is one large "hold" from which the vapor is dispersed from the humidifier itself.
on January 11, 2012
I purchased this humidifier for my son's room mostly because of the number of good reviews and how cute it looks. After using it for a winter, I think there are better options out there.

Here are the drawbacks that I've encountered:
1) The water housing is tricky to remove and fill. You fill it from the bottom of the "duck head" which I thought was a little unintuitive. Shouldn't it fill from the top?
2) It's big. There are smaller humidifiers out there. As the number of kid stuff accumulates in the room, the novelty of the appearance wears off.
3) Kind of scary looking in the dark. There's a green light above the switch. In the dark, it lights up the head and can look a little creepy. We've put a piece of tape over the light.
4) Not the quietest. We had a Vicks humidifier which was extremely quiet. This one produces a rumbling noise. It didn't really bother our son, but if you're noise sensitive, look for quieter units.

If I were to purchase another humidifier, I would probably recommend this one:
on March 29, 2013
I bought one from Amazon, it worked for 2 months and conked out on me. I get a replacement through Crane, I lose out maybe 2 bucks for shipping the plug and a receipt to verify my purchase. I have a new one now and I just realized that Amazon had sent me a refurbished one as new. They are so different. I have no idea who is playing games but these just don't last and there are way too many refurbished ones getting out there in the market. I just bought a decent one from Costco for a few dollars more. At least if it breaks I'll get a prompt refund.

My kids love these. I've had 2 that already broke. I'll consider them disposable but no more cutesy ones for me thank you much.
on February 14, 2017
I'm so disappointed in all the Crane humidifiers. I wanted to like them, especially with their cute characters that my kids adore, but each one I have bought breaks or was defective from the get-go. This chick one was my last attempt (probably my 4th or 5th) and lo and behold, after maybe three days of use, it began leaking. The seller was nice enough to refund me, given that I hardly had the product one week before it stopped working, and I appreciate that. But I will no longer be buying anything that Crane makes. I'd rather invest more money for a higher quality product.
on May 12, 2012
A humidifier is a MUST for babies/toddlers. Especially when you live in a dry climate and your kids are sick. We've had the duck humidifier for 18 months and it's going strong. For the first 6 months we used it almost every night. After that we used it maybe every few days, and every night when our daughter is sick. When she is sick there is a NOTICABLE difference when we run the humidifier and when we don't. We actually put a piece of tape over one of the holes on the top so all stream comes out one side and into our daughter's direction.

I only have two complaints: The nightlight portion stopped working after about 6 weeks. Not crucial, but disappointing. Second complaint - a lot of weird nooks and crannies to clean. Mold is a constant issue with most humidifiers and this one is not different.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.