Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Where's My Water? forum

Cranky in-app purchase

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2012 5:58:37 PM PST
Dan Braswell says:
Anyone have any idea as to when the new in-app Cranky game is coming out?? Love this game and can't wait for some new levels!!

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 7:53:29 AM PST
They said on their facebook page that they were adding 40 new levels as of the other day, I have yet to get any new levels I don't know maybe I have to collect all the ducks in the collections part? But I have all of the ducks in the regular part or the game, oh I hope soon I'm so addicted to this game!!!

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 10:48:18 AM PST
Erin M says:
I'm getting frustrated as well. The Cranky's Story in-app was released on Thursday for Apple and yesterday for Android...but there is *no* update here through Amazon yet! Waiting not-so-patiently (yes, I'm addicted to this game)! :-)

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 10:38:19 PM PST
I'm impatiently waiting for the update as well. Worst part of buying things through the amazon appstore is the long delay between their updates. Kind of odd considering how fast Amazon normally is with things.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 9:17:09 AM PST
James Lick says:
Amazon needs to work on getting its app updates out more quickly if they want to compete with Android Market.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 6:58:49 AM PST
Whats taking them so long to post the update?

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 2:08:53 PM PST
i'm anxiously awaiting this update as well. Come on Amazon, post the update so we can get the new levels!!!

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 4:34:01 AM PST
The wait is too much. Think I will unistall buy the android market version and think twice before purchasing from amazon again. The Android Market usualle has the same price.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 5:47:17 PM PST
I'm thinking BECAUSE of the inconvenience if the delay, amazon should make it a freebie for the first week once its finally up. This is ridiculous.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 10:21:05 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:50:03 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:44:01 PM PST
Erin M says:
...AAAAND we're officially one week past the release date. The Cranky developers are still just saying, "coming soon to Amazon...." Grrrr....

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 10:49:41 AM PST
Esther says:
Waiting as well. My sons have it on their ipods and have already completed the levels! I'm surprised by the wait from Amazon.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 2:43:04 PM PST
NurseDave says:
I had no idea there was an issue with Amazon being slow with updates until this. I too will think about switching to the marketplace so I'm not left waiting.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 4:29:09 PM PST
SuperC142 says:
I'm wondering if the delay has something to do with this being an in-app purchase. Does anyone know if there is any other app in the Amazon App Store that supports in-app purchases yet? I can't think of one. If this is indeed the first, maybe they're working on getting some kinks out of the infrastructure needed to support this functionality (just guessing). I've recently noticed a new section appear in "Your Account" called "Your In-App Items". It may be new or it may have always been there and I only just noticed it. Not sure.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:41:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 10:42:31 AM PST
will we get an "new update available" in Wheres my water, when crankys story comes out? will it be a completely different app?

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:55:50 AM PST
SuperC142 says:
I think you'll get a "new update available" and then, after installing that update, you'll have the option of purchasing the Cranky levels from within the main, "Where's my Water?" app. It has also been anounced that the *next* update will add levels involving wind ( https://twitter.com/#!/disneymobile/status/165478926041350145/photo/1/large ). So maybe the update that finally comes to Amazon will come after this and will include the option to purchase the Cranky levels and also include the Wind levels (which will be free). That's just a guess though; I'd prefer they not wait and just release each update as soon as possible.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 2:46:18 PM PST
Mrseche says:
I agree - if this is what purchasing apps from Amazon App Market will be like, I'll just purchase my future apps from the Android Marketplace. What's the point? Amazon succeeds almost everywhere else, but App Store = Fail if this is the norm...

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 10:51:51 AM PST
Still nothing? Seriously? I'm pretty much over it. Playing cut the rope. If I really want to play this ill go get it on the Android market. Amazon- - epic fail.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 12:11:50 PM PST
SuperC142 says:
The *next*, next version (which I mentioned in my last post) is being released on Valentines day. I'm really hoping we get a 2-in-one on that day!

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 10:44:44 PM PST
Not holding my breath man. I'm just really shocked at the lack of customer service on amazon part.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 3:44:49 PM PST
BellinGlam says:
Here is the answer I got when I asked Amazon about it:

Hello,

I'm sorry that the update for Where's my Water isn't available yet.

Depending on when the developer submits the app for review, this may result in the update being available in Amazon Appstore after other marketplaces. Generally this isn't the case, especially with a popular one like this; I know I'm waiting for the update myself.

I've passed this information over to our development team who's reached out to and is working with Disney to get the update submitted to us as soon as possible.

You should see this available soon.

You can check for app updates from "My Apps" within the Amazon Appstore. Tap the "Updates Available" tab to see applications on your device that have updates.

Our goal is for Amazon Appstore customers to have a great experience with every app they order. As a result, we test all apps and updates prior to making them available in our store to verify that each app works as intended, doesn't impair the functionality of the mobile device, and does not put customer data at risk once installed.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 10:26:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2012 10:28:47 PM PST
Everyone ask for their money back....That will speak volume's

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 6:26:20 AM PST
P. Sian says:
I agree with Michael. Ask for your money back and then get the game from the Android App store. I am about to do that myself.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 10:31:16 AM PST
Erin M says:
Well, if the response Emily got was true, the hold-up is on the developer's end and not Amazon's. So if we bypass the Amazon App store and go directly through the Android App store, Disney (the developer) still gets its money. That doesn't send a message at all, IMHO. Plus, those of us using Kindle Fire are still screwed, because we HAVE to go through Amazon to get our apps...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 12:09:12 PM PST
Tech Dummy says:
You don't have to go through Amazon...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/244474/how_to_install_the_android_market_on_your_kindle_fire.html
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Where's My Water? forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about