- Lionsgate Indie Selects store: Click here to visit the new Lionsgate Indie Selects store and find your favorite independent films.
Crash - The Director's Cut (Two-Disc Special Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Deal of the Day: Save on seasons of "Veep", "The Newsroom", and "The West Wing"
This offer is available while supplies last, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on October 26, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Disc 1:
- Director's Cut with 4 additional minutes of footage extending several scenes
- DVD Introduction by Director Paul Haggis
- Disc 2:
- Deleted Scenes with Director Commentary
- "Behind the Metal and Glass" Making of Crash
- On Paul Haggis - Featurette
- "LA - The Other Main Character" Featurette
- Unspoken Featurette
- Bird York "In the Deep" Music Video
- Music Montages
- Script-to-Screen Comparisons
- Storyboard-to-Screen Comparisons
Top Customer Reviews
This is a film that deals honestly and openly with race relations, especially as played out in America. We all harbor stereotypes, fears, judgments and yet a fascination with "the other" and we often do not realize just how this effects us and society as a whole. The movie digs deep into these emotions and draws them out brilliantly in a montage of triggers that are all woven together in a period of 24 hours in L.A.
Black, white, Puerto Rican/Mexican, Arab/Persian, mixed ethnicity, you name it, it's all in here and it's refreshingly in your face. It is for that very reason that the film is about hatred and hope, violence and redemption. Perhaps most poignantly, it is filled with all the complexity of modern life and provides no easy answers.
You will be left speechless. All of the actors, most well known, play roles that are against their "types" of roles and it is for this reason that it is perhaps so impacting and believable. It is a brilliant piece of cinema, one that should make us all realize that sanitizing culture in the name of political correctness is a time bomb.
Do not miss this film.
I appreciate that the movie didn't just deal with one ethnicity's racial problems. However, I don't like how the characters were treated. They were one dimensional, just a figure to emphasize the racial tension of that particular ethnicity. The "coincidences" that connected each story were too cliched to be believable. And I find it difficult to believe the level of blatant racism that each person in their respective scenarios encountered.
This film had so much potential, with its great cast and interesting concept. Too bad it had to beat us over the head with it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A crazy cast of name/known stars. A good story with good acting. A good way to spend a few hours.Published 8 days ago by Too many toys
I rarely agree with the oscars but regardless Crash has to go down as one of the worst films ever nominated for best picture. Read morePublished 16 days ago by soundstudio
That Crash is an exceptional movie has already been established by hundreds, probably thousands, of professional film reviewers, bloggers, and amateur cinephiles. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Raymond Koepsell
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Independently Distributed > Drama
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lionsgate Home Entertainment > All Lionsgate Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lionsgate Home Entertainment > Lionsgate Indie Selects