Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,284 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,487 reviews
on April 7, 2015
Crayola Colored Pencils are excellent. They deliver 'very vivid'colors, there are a wide variety of shades, and they are under $7! (It's Amazon so of course delivery was on time and well packaged). On arrival the pencils a pre-sharpened, they have a good weight to them, and with a decent sharpener one turn of the pencil sharpener and you have a nice sharp tip - btw just the tip needs sharpening. Coloring is a breeze - I can layer colors, outline, shade, make the colors as bright or as muted as want.
I've tried Prismacolor Verithin - too expensive. I have tried just plain old Crayola brand crayons - too waxy. ...these Crayola colored pencils are by far the best I've used for the adult coloring books.
What was becoming a chore (and costly) has now turned into a bona fide relaxing and creative activity.
highly recommend!
I attached one of my completed coloring pages - hope the brightness shows through.
review image
1111 comments| 637 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2015
They work great! This is the best value. I thought 50 colors are plenty, but once you start using them, you do feel like you could use 100 colors... But I just start getting in to coloring, so this is a great start. I am learning to blend different colors also. I have not used any other colored pencils, so I can't compare with others, but I am pretty happy with it.
review image
I purchased these for my grandmother she really likes their vibrant colors and that they don't break off when your drawing coloring or when you are sharpening them.

I will add to that they are aren't a short sized color pencil. Longer than your average size writing pencil
They are non-toxic So this great for child artists
Crayola makes their pencils from reforseted wood and does not use rain forest wood or endangered species woods. A cause I try to support whenever I can.
I would recommend this product for ages 5 to adult.
on August 13, 2015
These Crayola colored pencils are terrific! I have just started coloring so I didn't know what exactly to order. I had ordered more expensive pencils but it was going to be while before i would receive them and I did not want to wait. I read the reviews for the Crayola colored pencils and I thought these cheaper pencils would suffice until I got the more expensive ones. I used the Crayola colored pencils and all of the reviews I had read before purchasing were certainly correct. My expensive pencils finally arrived. They came from China and were not packed in outer box but came in a flimsy outer envelope and the box the pencils were in was in bad shape. In addition, 3/4 of the colored pencils had their points broken off! So I will stick with the Crayola pencils as they are GREAT!
on March 2, 2015
These are great for my coloring activity books. I make it a habit to read lower numbered reviews to see what others have issues with. It seems as if it depends on what you're doing with these pencils and want to achieve. I cannot attest to kid friendly but as an adult, the Crayola pencils are a holy grail. To those who are complaining about breakage, get yourself a decent pencil sharpener, preferably metal not plastic. Sharpening these pencils can be tricky but from experience, on a two sided sharpener, use the larger hole, not the smaller and on an angle, slow and with two hands, otherwise it will break. Also, decrease the pressure with your fingers, a hard hand is never a good thing.
Crayola long colored pencils give wonderful results. A hard long stroke gives the boldest color. If you wish to increase color temperature, these are super blendable and very smooth. With Prang, this doesn't happen- the colors are not as acute. I can sit for hours using these and blending with the other colors, create results based on what the drawing is. Short fast strokes produces a hair effect. I'm not going to bore anyone who reads this review with pencil techniques, but with the price, and the 50 pieces inside the box, the quality is exactly what I needed. The con for me was the packaging, I'm not a fan of boxes. I like my colored pencils in a upright position to see them. I used a cylinder shaped can ( from asparagus ), decorated it with duck tape, and voila- instant pencil holder.
Hope my words can be of benefit for someone.
on August 25, 2015
ordered Crayola, because I wanted quality. Got this Prang brand. Swicheroo much?? What the heck?
review image
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2016
I will admit I was very skeptical about purchasing these at first. I took up coloring in adult coloring books after receiving some adult coloring books for Christmas along with a set of gel pens. I really liked the vibrant colors of the gel pens I was given, but they didn't seem to last that long. So I decided to take a chance after reading some reviews on the Crayola colored pencils. I have not been disappointed. They work well, There's a good variety of colors. And I was pleasantly surprised with the vibrancy of the colors, too - something I thought I would lose altogether without gel pens. I actually probably prefer these pencils to the gel pens now because they last forever, and they're not messy like the gel pens can be. No bleeding through pages, etc. I would recommend them. I will attach a few of pictures from my coloring book where I used the Crayola colored pencils to give you an idea of how they do if that's what you want to use them for.
review image review image review image review image review image
on June 25, 2017
I took a long time using these pencils before writing a review. I also read a LOT of reviews before purchasing, and found similar issues/experiences contained in every 1-5 star review.

I'd say these pencils are more good than bad; however, there is no consistency in the lead quality, or the wood quality, of the pencils. A couple pencils, upon sharpening, would repeatedly split the wood. So I would try to resharpen the pencil, only to have it happen again. For several pencils, this happened until the pencil was too short to even be usable. Mind you, I was only able to use the pencil when it was straight out of the box. Once it needed to be sharpened, it repeatedly split and I never got the chance to use it again. Then the lead quality: some pencils are great and do a good job both with high-pressure coloring and soft-pressure shading. Other pencils basically change consistency as you're coloring with them, creating lines or odd smudge marks that, no matter what you tried with the pencil, you couldn't remedy the inconsistency in any way. And then the lead on some pencils, upon sharpening, would break from below the tip, inside the wood part. And just like with the wood splitting, the pencils that did that would do it repeatedly until they were too short to be usable.

Some people complained that they could not get the pencils as sharp as they were straight out of the box. I found that totally untrue. Except for the pencils that repeatedly split, I was able to get every pencil even SHARPER than it was straight out of the box. Only issue was you had to start coloring gently, as the sharper the pencil, the more the tip would break off a tiny bit, but not so much as to make the pencil tip blunt again. And the less expensive the pencil sharpener used, the better the results. I bought a 99 cent sharpener and an over $2 sharpener. The 99 cent sharpener is GREAT; whereas the $2 one does nothing but ruin the pencils.

But the pencils that malfunctioned were definitely in the minority. I would say maybe 5-7 pencils performed unsatisfactorily while the remaining were great. I recommend buying 2 boxes to start with, as you're bound to come across an unruly pencil, and you can then replace it from the 2nd box. And I've found that each box has it's own "personality," so to speak. Meaning if the blue from one box became completely unusable, the blue from the 2nd box would not necessarily do the same thing. In fact, with the pencils I've had to do this with, it never happened that the 2nd pencil was the same as the 1st.

And I've seen the price has come down considerably. Great price for what you get, in my opinion!
on June 2, 2017
I've recently taken up coloring adult coloring books (though I did have my crayons and standard coloring books all along but didn't use them much) and I have to say, I really enjoy it. I can only compare these pencils with Dollar Tree colored pencils and colored pencils that come with adult coloring books so I know that doesn't mean much but I do have to say that these sharpen much better and give more vivid color and coverage than the others. I suppose it's no one's fault (but my own) but I use the green ones much more often than any other color (by far) so I wish they included more of those but overall it was well worth the purchase. I may try some more expensive ones just to experiment but I really like these pencils.
on May 14, 2017
I've been using these for adult coloring books (stress management). They are much better quality than another brand I bought from Wal-Mart. The lead is not broken throughout - meaning you sharpen the pencil with a couple of turns of the pencil sharpener, and you're good. Unlike another brand I had where you'd sharpen and sharpen and sharpen down a couple of inches of pencil, until you reached a bit of lead that wasn't broken. Some of the colors are lovely - smooth and bright. Some are are bit disappointing - the lead of those is a bit hard and doesn't 'color' the page very well. Of the 50 pencils there are probably 35 unique colors. Some are so similar as to almost be two instances of the same color. For the price though, they are a great deal.