Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Crayola Marker Maker” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 23% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Crayola Marker Maker
|You Save:||$8.83 (35%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Create up to 16 customized markers
- All the tools needed to create customized colored markers
- Create your own colors use the mixing guide or make your very own color
- Dip the marker core to absorb your custom ink
- Compact design with built in storage
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Create your own custom markers with the Marker Maker from Crayola. This interactive kit provides everything you need to make 16 markers. Whether you experiment with colors or keep things simple, this kit guides you through every step of the process. Designed for ages 8 and up, the Marker Maker includes three ink bottles, two marker boxes, two measuring tubes, mixing chart, tweezers, and enough parts to make 16 one-of-a-kind markers.
Create Markers with Custom Colors
You'll be the lead scientist of your very own color laboratory with the Marker Maker. The mixing guide helps you decide what colors you'll create--or you can make up your own. The factory puts your custom color into a unique marker that you can then click together and show off as your own one-of-a-kind creation.
Easy to Use
In just a few easy steps, you can create a unique and colorful marker. Once you've chosen which inks to use, mix the ink colors together and dip the marker reservoir into the measuring tube. Watch as the marker core appears to magically fill with the ink. To complete the process, use the tweezers to remove the core from the tube and then assemble the marker with a cap, tip, and plug. To complete the marker, attach your own personalized label.
- Create 16 customized color markers
- Mixing guide helps you choose your colors
- Interactive and easy to use
- Includes barrels, caps, tips, plugs, and labels
- Complete the markers with personalized labels
Top Customer Reviews
What you get is a nicely made and completely contained kit that folds open for use and folds up to carry and store. Then you get parts for making 16 markers including the nib, tube, foam insert, end cap and cap. There are three ink bottles and two mixing tubes. There is a mixing chart as well to use as a guide but you can also create your own color combinations. Coming up with fun color names adds to the creativity.
My daughter had a blast making her own markers, labeling them and writing with them. She especially liked watching the ink wick up the foam insert and nib.
I like how they are self contained, there is very little chance of making a big mess and parental involvement includes just basic supervision.
Refills are available Crayola Marker Refill Pack and will make the kit last longer. I'm not sure what would happen if you added more ink to an existing marker once it runs out but there is plenty of ink left over.
***UPDATE*** I have to comment on pricing. Retail is usually around $20-25. I've seen it lower at other stores and I actually purchased an additional kit yesterday to keep as a gift and it was in the low teens. It is worth checking back periodically to see what the price is since it has fluctuated as much as $17 in a day.***
The reality was, this was a fun project, the markers works just as well as store bought markers (same construction) and the mess was minimal as I was the one who poured the ink.
Is there opportunity to make a giant inky mess? Yes, but that pretty much comes with the territory with any ink/paint project. By me doing the project with the kids, there was virtually zero mess and also very little clean up. Just be sure to do this project on a space that isn't harmed by washable marker ink. (Unfinished wood floors, upholstery, etc.)
After figuring out where everything went, the project just zipped along. The most confusing aspect was the marker parts onboard storage, which ended up being unnecessary as we went through the entire kit in one sitting. A few details about the kit:
* Makes 16 markers.
* Includes two cardboard marker holders (8 per box) that can be colored and labeled with the child's name. Works great with two kids or less.
* Very easy to measure the ink, and assemble to the markers.
* Included inks are Red, Yellow, Blue which means you basically get markers of those colors plus shades of green, orange, and purple. Would be nice to have some variety, but it's also plenty to fill a child's box with 8 unique colors.
* Plenty of ink to make a variety of colors also allowing for a child's preference of certain shades. E.g. if a child's favorite color is blue, you won't run out of blue ink if you make more than a couple different blues, though you will if you try to make 8 different blue markers.
* Maker casings are clear so you can see you custom colors - pretty neat, and included stickers to label them doesn't entirely cover the housing. A smart decision in my humble opinion.
If I had a gripe, it's that with only three base ink colors, you are somewhat limited in the number of shades you can get from the set. Still what you do get is a great start to making your markers own and hopefully there are refill sets that expand on the number of colors you can make.
In the end my 7yo daughter said this is the best Crayola project we have done together. In summary, if your children like coloring with markers AND enjoying making things/doing projects, I would highly recommend this set.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Kids make their own markers. Not only can you see how a marker is constructed, but you can experiment with color, name...Read more