Crayola Crayon Factory, Craft Kit, Gift for Kids 8+
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.19 x 10 x 11 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Watch crayon bits transform into custom creations!
- This colorful art activity is easy to use—simply mix, melt and mold to make a crayon car, heart or puppy for playing or doodling.
- Use the included crayons or recycle your old Crayola crayon bits.
- Electronic unit comes with power adapter and auto shut off after 10 minutes.
- Includes Crayon Factory unit, Power Adapter, 8 Crayons, 3 Molds, Crayon Wrapper Ripper and Instructions.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Melts and molds crayon bits into colorful figures
- Create fun crayon wax toys for drawing or playing
- Auto shut-off after 10 minutes of inactivity
- Works with most standard-sized Crayola crayons
- Crayon wrapper ripper for easy unwrapping
Crayola Crayon Factory
With the Crayola Crayon Factory, kids can use old bits of Crayola crayons to create custom toys in fun shapes. The fully electronic Crayon Factory comes with everything you need to melt, mold, and create: Eight full-sized Crayola crayons, three molds, and a crayon wrapper ripper. Designed for kids eight years and older, the Crayon Factory offers a fun, fascinating way to recycle old crayon bits into new coloring tools.
What's in the Box:
- Base unit
- Plug-in adapter
- 8 full-sized crayons
- 3 molds
- Crayon wrapper ripper
- Instruction sheet
Mix, Melt, and Mold Crayon Bits into Figurines
The Crayola Crayon Factory makes it easy to create new crayon creations in unique color combinations. Start by selecting crayon bits in colors of your choice. Then load your custom combination into the Crayon Factory and watch the colors melt and trickle into the mold. When the process is done, simply let it harden for a swirly, one-of-a-kind toy.
Three Fun Reusable Molds
The Crayon Factory comes with three reusable molds. Each mold has its own fun, detailed shape. Choose from a cute puppy, a cheerful heart, and a sleek car. The molds snap easily and securely into the holder and feature a tight seal to prevent leaks and reduce cleanup.
About Crayola: Art and Imagination
Crayola art supplies and activities help children express, create, and connect through colorful play.
Watch your colorful crayon bits transform into custom creations! Use the included crayons, or recycle your old Crayola crayon bits to make marvelous melted creations with the electronic Crayon Factory! Simply mix, melt and mold to make colorful car, heart and puppy crayons for playing and doodling!
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also - although I knew this, worth mentioning that each crayon takes a 3-4 minutes to warm up, 2-4 minutes to melt and drip into the mold, and another 5 minutes before it cools enough to unlock. Then you need to wait for another few minutes before taking it out of the mold. PER CRAYON. Try doing this with your child, I dare you. It's not going to keep their attention even if it did work.
By YoginiMomma on November 17, 2016
We have the previous version, the Melt 'n' Mold, and it's been a big hit. But, my 8 year-old daughter sometimes has some difficulty using one hand, and so opening and closing the mold holder on the old version would require help, irritating for an independent child (and a mom who might be busy doing other things while she plays with it). With the Melt 'n' Mold, she would also sometimes forget to tip the tray when the crayons had melted, necessitating an extra long wait while it finished its cooling cycle, then restarting from the beginning. Not a big deal, but a pain. She did love watching the crayons melt into a neat pool in the trays, and the variety of molds available.
This new version has a lot going for it as far as we're concerned.
- Can be used pretty much one-handed, or at least with little strength needed from one hand
- Neat to watch the wax drop down into the mold
- No need to fiddle with the fitting the molds into the case to hold them shut (worst part of the old Melt 'n' Mold)
- LOVE the little crayon unwrapping tool -- maybe this has been a thing for ages and I never knew about it, but WOW, no more getting little crayon bits under my fingernails as I peeled crayons for her to use in the mold! Zip a crayon through and it's done!
- Only comes with three molds, and no expansion packs available yet
- Might be a little slow for some kids, but for us it's been fine. I think it's a comparable speed with the Melt 'n' Mold, but you don't have the active step of tipping the melty crayon trays into the molds.
By MOM on January 7, 2017