Crazepony® EMAX Nighthawk Pro 280 Size FPV Race Quadcopter ARF like QAV250 H250 etc
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EMAX new product of FPV racer quadcopter.Fully assembled and ready to fly.just insert your battery and receiver to go.
- Fully tuned with the new Skylight 32 integrated flight control board,four 12Amp BLHeli One shot speed controllers with a 3K refresh rate,are fully integrated into one board.
- Consists of EMAX 2204 2300 KV motors and 6045 propellers mounted on a 10 degree tilt allowing greater forward speeds without sacrificing elevation.
- 700TVL camera with optional tilt mounts that allow you a perfect horizontal view in flight, and a 200W video transmitter with a selectable switch, allowing you the option to choose the power output of your transmitter.
- More RC racing Quad-copter product is provided by Crazepony in Amazon.Bring your eyes into the sky and racing like a free bird, enjoy the ultimate first person view experience.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
* Prebuilt frame and extra accessories, Built with EMAX power system and open source flight controller to eure power and customizable (RTF model can fly after battery and propelle italled)
* Bright COB rear LED, different LED color can use distinguish copte when group flying (LED power coumption is 4W, which might decrease flying times.)
* combine ESC, BEC, and flight controller for easy itallation and easy replacement. Plug and play motor.
* Independent. Independent ESC and flight controller and power supply. ESC switch to perform single ESC calibration and boot pad to perform software and firmware upgrade.
* Flight controller use 32bit ARM micro processor, fast process speed to eure fast respond
* Gyroscope, magnetometer, and accelerometer and barometer expaion port. With CPPM receiver GPS feature can be enable. (GPS module sold separately)
* Support RC Input: standard signal, CPPM (PPM SUM) signal, PWM singal.
* Low voltage monitoring and low voltage warning. (Buzzer sold separately)
* Use EMAX 12A ESC, support open source BLHeli and ONESHOT feature; flight controller is based on NAZE32 Skyline32, support open source configurator Baseflight and Cleanflight
* Wheelbase: 280mm
* Flight Weight: 440g(No Battery Included )
* Frame Size: 252mm*260mm*75mm
* Motor: MT2204(Customization Veion)
* ESC: BLheli 12A 4in1(Integrate on board)
* Propeller: 6045
* Flight controller: Skyline32(Integrate on board)
* FPV tramitter: 20MW/200MW
* Antenna: 5.8G Clover 3 Blade Antenna Straight Connector
* FPV Camera: 1/3-inch CMOS
Battery: 3S,1500-2200mAH 30C
Tramitter and Receiver
1 * EMAX Nighthawk Pro 280 Size FPV Race Quadcopter ARF
Top customer reviews
Here is what I like:
Good solid construction. Frame is just like the Nighthawk250 kit frame which is a tank. Lots of extras such as motor tilts and camera tilt. The camera tilt option is great because I always struggle with finding the best way to tilt my camera on my custom builds. Included props are quality too. Not cheap toy props. I purchased the ARF (Almost ready to fly) and added a simple OrangeRX receiver and I was on my way. I was able to add the accessories I wanted and was up and flying with an hour receiving the box from my Postman. The tune out of the box is very very good for a ARF in my opinion. It is really locked in for 6045 Gemfam props. If you plan on using anything else my recommendation would be to be ready to adjust your PIDs. I was able to flash Cleanflight to the FC with no problems and for me setup through Cleanflight is very easy. You can also keep it with Baseflight which I believe may be a little easier to set up? Im not sure because I only use Cleanflight.
Here is what I dont like:
The all in one board, while great from a manufacturer point of view, not so great for the customer. ANYTHING goes wrong with this board, its a complete replacement. I believe the replacement board is about $60, so with tax and shipping your approaching about half the cost of the kit to begin with. Unlike other builds where if something goes wrong with a particular component, your replacement cost could be $15. So big downside there. The camera is not great but usable. Same goes for the Video receiver. Now its great that they include them, however upgrading them is really a tough choice because you will have to get in and really understand the board, what voltage its putting out and then research what my be compatible. You can "jerry rig" it I guess but in my experience, patch jobs fall apart and can cause you real headaches, not to mention safety if your video feed goes out. So upgrading components on this craft to me is just not worth the effort. So, while this may be A) a great started kit or B) a great secondary craft to fly when everything else is grounded lol, the I question the longevity of it. But for the price, its still a pretty darn good buy.
Here is my horror story: I did happen to crash this sucker good on accident and totally my fault. I was being a little aggressive through some trees in a parking lot and caught a branch just so that if flipped me and the quad landed on the concrete on the back LED. as I was walking up to it I noticed the LED was completely pushed into the FC board. A little closer, I saw smoke, then FLAMES, I tried to get to it but honestly was shocked (never happened to me before) so I hesitated for a split second. At that point, the motors spun up, and it took off on its own! Yep, on its own. Again, sort of y fault as apparently I did not have the failsafe adjusted correctly and I lost the craft, my Rx and a very good $30 lipo battery. Unfair to attribute this to Emax as I'm pretty sure if my failsafe was set it wouldn't have flown away on me. HOWEVER, the LED bar shorting the board and causing a fire is pretty bad and is a challenge when you have a single board that does everything. More places for failures and the inability to fix individual components lead me to believe that in the hands of a beginner, this kit won't last very long before needing the $60 replacement. Something to keep in mind.
In conclusion, even after my mishap, I would actually consider buying another one. For me my custom builds average about $400 plus several hours of build time and research. To have a fully built craft for under $200 is quite appealing (especially for someone like me that does not have a lot of free time to build and fly for hours on end). And I did really like the way it flew when it was working. But I hope my review here might help a few of you considering this and at least be warned of the downsides of it so you are not surprised if/when they happen.
PS, I was never able to recover the craft so not only did I lose my kit, my equipment and my extended warranty, Im left with nothing. I tried working with EMAX but they stopped responding to me. If anything, a small discount to purchase another one was all I was looking for. Maybe someone will read this and finally get back to me? That would be nice :)
So i got a replacement because of faulty gear. Great customer service
I think this out of the box racing drone has to many flaws. I hope some designer or engineer working for the company sees this msg and consider doing some improvements on next upcoming versions.