Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on December 15, 2015
I purchased these for my toddler (now twenty months old) about eight months ago. I wanted crayons that I felt good about giving my toddler but that were also easy to hold and color with so we did quite a bit of searching. After reading a few reviews and talking with a couple of moms at playgroup we decide on these and we've had them for about eight months now. At first I was a little disappointed- my daughter wanted nothing to do with them and yes there are some awfully dark colors included in the box (about half were dark and half were brighter colors that you would see in a traditional crayon box). However, we have yet to break a single crayon! We have the thick triangle crayons, beeswax crayons, over-sized crayons, etc. and my daughter has never failed to break all of them at one point or another but she hasn't broken these at all (which I was surprised about because I thought they seemed thin when I opened the box). At twenty months she colors just as happily with these as typical crayons and though the colors aren't as bright I love how sturdy they are and she loves the fun star shapes. Overall I'm giving them four out of five stars because they are a little on the expensive side and a bit dark but if they can survive my toddler they deserve at least four stars.
on May 2, 2017
These are cute . I bought them to be included in favor bags for my child's birthday party. While they look the part perfectly, they smell so awful and so intensely potent, that I can't put them in the favor bags with food . I couldn't even get a taker to give these away as the smell literally made my pregnant friends gag therefore they will be going into the trash. It smells like an electrical fire that started burning a teenager boy after lacrosse practice on a 98 degree day. I've bought many recycled crayons and am so perplexed over this smell?
on May 4, 2015
Ordered two boxes of these crayons - received them just as pictured. The one box that was opened and strewn about my package (got crayon shavings on the other items in my package as well...) was missing two crayons and some of the others showed signs of being used. Not only do these crayons SMELL HORRIBLE but the colors are all dull. Not at all worth the money.
review image
on December 18, 2014
I ordered two boxes of these crayons for Christmas gits for small nieces and nephews. As soon as I found them, I knew I'd be buying them. I love that they are 100% recycled and that they are easy for little hands to grasp. The first box I opened looked great, the colors were awesome and I couldn't wait to see the kids play with them. The second box of crayons I opened was poorly packaged. It was missing a cardboard divider so all the crayons were in the box rattling around the whole time. Not only that, but the box wasn't sealed so the crayons were free floating in the shipping box the entire time. This caused my other products I ordered to be covered in crayon markings and debris and some of the crayons are broken at the end, rendering them pretty useless as a Christmas gift. . I love the idea of theses little guys and the box that came correctly was great, but now I'm disappointed and I have to find another gift.
on April 8, 2017
Some crayons arrived broken. Much less substantial than I anticipated from the pictures. Returned the item though I liked the idea of the product.
on March 11, 2014
We originally purchased these for a special school project that my daughter was doing for her Kinder class. In our particular case, we weren't using them as traditional crayons (we created a flag made of crayons with these as the "stars" for the stars and regular crayons as the stripes-using hot glue and poster board). So, for the project that we had in mind, these obviously worked well.

My daughter and her friends thought that they were neat and they would probably make for a good gift for a kid that was really into coloring/art and you wanted to give them something a bit different to use on their art projects. We did try them out and the colors work as expected and the crayons actually hold up really well without breaking.

Pretty cool, and nice to know that they are !00% recycled too.
on July 28, 2015
I was very leery of a crayon that wasn't the "name" brand because I can't stand the waxy crayons - these are amazing! They are not waxy at all and the size is amazing for my 2 year old daughter. She just loves using them and I enjoy coloring with them as well. They leave behind a well saturated color on the paper and no waxy residue. The packaging was so cute and I just love the fact that they are upcycled.
I would say the only small-ish issue is that there were not a huge range of colors, there are a lot of darker colors, but they are still beautiful.
on December 21, 2014
My 4 y.o. niece liked the shapes, but the colors are quite dull. Her dad does like the fact that they are recycled. I would recommend these as a gift for a little one, but you've got to have a big variety pack of regular crayons on hand, too, in my opinion.
on September 20, 2017
Mostly dark, dark colors. Even the few "bright" colors are muddy. Not nice crayons.
on July 13, 2016
We bought these to add to a kids birthday goodie bag. They are really cute and colored well. The stars are pretty dark, but colored beautifully. None of our stars were broken and the box was closed when it arrived (like other reviewers had issue with). We liked that they were recycled crayons because there is usually a lot of waste with broken crayons.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.