- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Anchor Canada (May 20, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0385679076
- ISBN-13: 978-0385679077
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 1 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 1,710 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,815,320 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Crazy Rich Asians Paperback – International Edition, May 20, 2014
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Kwan’s debut is a scintillating fictional look into the opulent lives of fabulously wealthy Chinese expats living in Singapore. Economics professor Rachel Chu has no idea what she’s in for when her handsome boyfriend, Nicholas Young, invites her to join him at his best friend’s wedding in Singapore. Rachel is excited to meet Nick’s friends and family, but he fails to warn her about the social minefield she’s about to cross. Nick’s mother, Eleanor, jets off to Shenzhen to investigate Rachel’s background, while friends and family gossip openly about her at a gathering hosted by Nick’s grandmother. When Rachel is invited to the bride’s bachelorette party—which includes a ride on a private jet and a stay at a luxury hotel—it becomes clear that these are young women with designs on Nick who will do just about anything to scare Rachel off. From its delightful opening scene onward, this sleek social satire offers up more than a few hilarious moments as it skewers the crafty, rich schemers who populate its pages. --Kristine Huntley
Praise for Crazy Rich Asians:
• "Over-the-top funny and a novelty to boot. . . . Kwan delivers nonstop hoots about a whole new breed of rich, vulgar, brand-name-dropping conspicuous consumers, with its own delicacies, curses, vices, stereotypes and acronyms." --Janet Maslin, The New York Times
• "Crazy Rich Asians is like Dynasty on steroids with more private jets, bigger houses, and a lot more money. It is the very definition of a beach read. I finished it over a weekend and by the end was longing to see the ridiculously extravagant and over-the-top world that Mr. Kwan had created." --Michael Carl, Vanity Fair
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some of the over the top stuff might seem absurd to normal people, but for the 0.01% of the 1%, it's part of their everyday lives, ESPECIALLY in Asia....
If you'd like to see more reviews by TR...go to Traci's Book Picks on Facebook