Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 4, 2015
The Johnson & Johnson dynasty is fascinating. I find myself feeling no sympathy for them no matter how hard I try. There are people across the world suffering, starving, enduring various horrible abuses and beyond, yet the Johnson & Johnson dynasty recipients prance around in their lance robe & slippers. It is a very interesting look in to the upper echelon of societies problems or should I say perceived problems compared to basic survival for most americans. I won't say its a bad book, on the contrary it is very good. I found myself having to put it down from time to time and getting a little bored with it in parts. Id still recommend it tho. I do think my own personal views have skewered my opinion. If you want to see how the other half lives, this is the book for you
on November 14, 2016
I usually read a sample of books before I make a decision for purchase. This book was no exception, after the first few pages I knew I had to read it. It is a book that you do not want to put down until you are finished. It is well written , interesting and entertaining. You will not be disappointed if you buy it. Jerry Oppenheimer has gained my respect as a good writer. I look forward to research more of his books for future purchases.
on April 27, 2015
A fast, easy read that seems more like a juicy tabloid expose than a good biography. Still found it entertaining from a pure gossip standpoint. Basically the author examined those family members that were seriously flawed and exploited by the media, but this is what sells books, so I get it. Research seemed to consist mostly of quotes from various newspapers during throughout 4 generations of the family. They certainly had their share of personality problems in addition to which exceptional wealth seems to lend itself to highly indulgent and hedonistic lifestyles.
on January 31, 2017
I enjoyed the book , Crazy Rich: Power, Scandal, and Tragedy Inside the Johnson & Johnson Dynasty by Jerry Oppenheimer. I particularly enjoyed reading about Nancy Sale Frey Johnson Rashad and Woody Johnson. It was also interesting to learn that Kirk Douglas and his family were very close to the Johnsons. The author included many pictures of the Johnson family. Anyone interested in the Johnson family history would enjoy this book.
on June 16, 2014
Wow! Such excess.. Now I really know how the 1% lives. This book is a roller coaster ride. The family is presented in such a way
that you wish you could have been the butler if only to see firsthand all the drama. The sad story of Casey Johnson adds
a tragic element to what is generally a soap opera existence for "the lucky sperm club". I loved this book and read it in 2 days.
I will think twice before I buy another Johnson and Johnson product however. The family has enough money thank you!
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2017
This book starts out fairly quickly but then begins to get bogged down with all the ramblings and lawsuits of the, "Lucky Sperm Club". It is a good read overall and keeps those of use who are peasants for feeling bad about our lack of money.
on June 15, 2014
I really enjoyed this book- It gave me a glimpse inside of a family that I would never have had. I have read a few of Jerry Oppenheimer's books he never disappoints me.I did feel bad for some members of this dynasty they sure have seen their full of heartache and tragedy - Goes to show you money cannot buy happiness....They have seen it all in this family ....Addictions that took young members away- Cheating scandals - Mental illness that ran in the family and untimley deaths....It was a easy read even if it is a long read - I am about to start Jerry's book about Martha Stewart....
on August 15, 2017
I'm listening to it now. Great book--a lot of detail, written with chuckle-worthy sarcastic humor. What a cuckoo family! Another reminder that money does not equate to happiness.
on December 13, 2017
Not written well. Reads more like a series of Enquirer stories. Never finished it and would not recommend.
on March 15, 2016
It is a complex family and so many members to remember. I kept a copy of the family tree next to me so that I may refer as to who is who. Lots of scandals and tragedy. This book just confirms, all the money in the world cannot buy happiness, love or good health. I will be reading the rest of Jerry Oppenheimer's books.