Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on July 2, 2012
I went on vacation with my wife last week, but without my Fire charger because I thought my wife's Kindle Keyboard charger would work. It didn't. Being an Amazon Prime member, I knew I could have one the next day for just $3.99 extra, so I ordered the generic version because it was $4 cheaper than the standard version...the only problem was, I was so excited to find the solution that when I ordered, I forgot to tell Amazon that I was not at my home address. About 30 minutes later I realized my error and cancelled the order...it worked! I then reordered to my vacation address and voila - I had the charger by noon the next day! Amazon - you are teriffic!

The charger worked as intended and kept my Fire and me charged all week. Now I have a charger by my reading chair and one beside my bed. That is so convenient because you never know when you are going to need a charge.

Thanks Amazon...
0Comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2013
The charger works,it charges my Kindle. The only inconvenience is that the cord is real short (3FT.) and I have to lay my Kindle on the floor to charge. Using my Kindle while it's plugged in is impossible.This charger may be useful as a phone charger I guess. If your looking for a charger for your Kindle look for one with a five or six foot cord.

Just ordered these:Amazon Kindle HD 8.9" 4G Replacement USB Cable, Black (Works with Kindle Fire, Touch, Keyboard, DX,

AC adapter 2.1A for Galaxy S4 i9500 unlocked, Kindle Fire HD, iPad 3rd Generation , iPhone 5 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy S3, Note 2 and Touchscreen Tablets Dual USB Charger

Will update when I receive these products. The USB Cable is listed at 6.5 ft and bonus the AC adapter has two UBS connectors to charge from!

Update: The New cord and AC adapter is just what was needed. The cord is quality, thicker and is 6.5 FT long. The AC adapter does have two UBS ports for charging multiple products. These are a must have!
After reading the mixed reviews for this product, I was a bit hesitant about ordering it! I did test it before using it. So far there are no problems with either of the Kindles. The 4 star rating is for the length of the cord . . . yes, I did understand the measurement given and it is correct. This is an additional charger because I have two grandchildren that visit with their own Kindles and there are times that they need to be charged (the Kindles, not the grandchildren ; ). That is a total of 4 Kindles that charged quickly and conveniently. Easy to use with wall socket or surge protector!
on June 17, 2016
Never really worked have to prop my kindle up to get it to charge and it doesn't even hold.
on June 13, 2016
This works just as well as the original which died after a week. Amazon covered that one. This is my fourth cord since I purchased my Fire the end of Nov. Based on price & ratings I purchased this one. Charges fast. Update- another review said it doesn't charge when using. That is incorrect. It charges during use. The only negative for me is the ref light on the plug never goes off. Moved it from my bedroom to kitchen.
on March 29, 2013
I was happy with the product and was shocked to find after two months of it working working well, something inside of it stopped working. I noticed a week before it stopped working altogether that it struggled charging my Kindle Fire. I didn't think much of it. Then when I went to recharge it again a few days later, the light only blinked and would not charge at all no matter all my problem solving. I had to go out and buy another charger, which has now fully charged my tablet. The return policy for the charger that no longer works ended last month. Due to this experience, sadly I need to rate it poorly. This one might have just been a dud or it might be related to poor workmanship in general for this product. I am not sure. If you are looking to buy this product, see if any other customers have experienced this same problem.
on May 14, 2013
Before buying this i read the reviews and saw all the reviews on poor performance or poor quality of this charger and was a bit afraid to buy it. But i figured for the cheap price i wouldn't lose much in trying it. Now i am glad that i did. It works on my Kindle perfectly and actually charges it any where from 2 and half hours to 3. Maybe i just got lucky and got a good one but i am still thinking about buying a couple more to have as backups. I tried to charge my Kindle once using my sons phone charger but it didn't work, as soon as i plugged this charger in it started working!
Top Contributor: Petson October 21, 2015
I needed a new charger for my Kindle, my one charger I use when I travel broke, and I like having a backup in case the wall charger I have at home gets broken. I like to have another one to use until a get a new one. The shipping was fast, and I was back in business, keeping my Kindle charged when I am traveling.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2016
Well it was sent a different looking charger and the battery on the tablet doesn't stay charged long like it did with the original charger
on April 6, 2013
I bought three different wall charger from Amazon. All three are junk! All three are to big for my Kindle Fire! They do not fit into the Kindle, maybe one charger, but I do not believe all three would act the same way. All three are toooooooo big! What would you think? Right now, a friend from work who also has a Kindle let me borrower a charger from her. Guess what? She did not buy her's from Amazon I purchased all three chargers at the same time. {all 3 are different} Everyone, please check this out before ordering a Charge.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse