Creality Ender 3 / Pro / V2 / 5 Plug and Play Deluxe LCD Color Touch Screen with 4.2.7 32-Bit Silent Control Board and Silent Fan Upgrade Kit - Improved UI and Faster operation (Now Open Source)
|List Price:||$94.99 Details|
|Price:||$84.99 & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (11%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- This Ender 3 touch screen is now FULLY open source thanks to a partnership between First Layer with Insanity Automation. The ONLY open source Ender touch screen on Amazon fully Plug-And-Play from the factory flashed with our custom firmware for more features than ever. NEWLY SUPPORTED: dual gear extruder, filament sensor, mesh bed leveling features, change filament function, screen brightness and standby timer, built in PID tuning, silent touch screen mode, direct drive extruders and more!
- A custom DWIN_SET makes this the first open source Ender series touch screen on the market to be compatible with any Ender 3 / V2 / Pro / 5 on the market. Along with more added features than any other touch screen available today, this is THE best version of this product available on Amazon right now. With this new open source build, not only have critical bugs preventing users from even turning on their printers been fixed, but more printers than ever can use this touch screen
- This is the newest version of Creality's 4.2.7 32 Bit silent control board with authentic TMC2225 Trinamic stepper drivers which greatly reduce the sound of the stepper motors during use. The 4.2.7 control board comes flashed with our custom Marlin firmware for the Ender 3 Pro. This entire hardware swap will take less than 1 hour and quickly turns your stock Ender into a touch operated printer in just one upgrade as well as add dozens of features over stock Creality firmware!
- The upgraded silent fan included can be placed on the hotend or the control board however since the hotend fan is running at all times, it is suggested to be installed there. To avoid needing to re-route all the wires through the wire harness, you can cut the wires from the old fan and splice them onto the new silent fan for a pain free swap!
- First Layer have partnered with Insanity Automation to hack this touch screen and unlock its full open source potential! This kit is completely Plug-and-Play and enhance your Ender 3 with previously unavailable features, while also allowing for the BL Touch upgrade in the future if you want to install it. Please note this Touch screen is flashed with a custom DWIN_SET folder developed by Insanity Automation for First Layer. Stock Creality firmware for the 427 board WILL NOT work with this screen
Specification for this product family
- Package Dimensions : 6.93 x 5.16 x 3.15 inches; 1.17 Pounds
- Date First Available : March 23, 2021
- Manufacturer : Creality Antclabs F1rst Layer
- ASIN : B08ZSC2V9Z
- Best Sellers Rank: #20,336 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #156 in 3D Printer Accessories
- Customer Reviews:
Amazon customer support is NOT suited for providing the Tech Support needed for this 3D Printing product PLEASE CONTACT F1RST LAYER if you are having any issues with this product!
Creality have not updated their firmware ONCE since the release of this product in 2020. First Layer will push semi-annual updates to our GitHub, Google Drive and Facebook as new Marlin features are released
NOTICE: The firmware for this screen is open source Marlin and DOES NOT work with the stock Creality firmware designed for this touch screen.
FIRMWARE CAN BE FOUND VIA SCANNING THE QR CODE/TYPING IN THE URL ON THE INSERT CARD THAT COMES WITH THIS PRODUCT.
NOTICE: If you have a BL Touch already, then please update the firmware before attempting to use the BL Touch.
To update firmware on the 4.2.7 board, please make sure you use an empty SD card formatted to FAT 32. Place the firmware .bin file on to the empty SD card, insert it into the 4.2.7 board, turn on your printer and the firmware should automatically update.
The whole process of updating firmware should take 5 minutes from start to finish.
Please refer to the wiring diagram in the product pictures when installing a BL Touch on a 4.2.7 control board.
This control board comes flashed with Ender 3 / Pro / V2 firmware that supports the touch screen. Please note that the mainboard and the touch screen must be used together for this product to work properly.
For all Ender 3 / Pro / V2 users, this is a PLUG AND PLAY drop-in installation kit APART FROM changing your E-steps if you have a dual gear extruder or direct drive, OR installing a BL Touch
Turn your Ender 3 from 2018 into a brand-new state of the art machine with silent stepper motor drivers, color display, and auto bed leveling functionality.
Amazon customer support is NOT suited for providing the Tech Support needed for this 3D Printing product PLEASE CONTACT F1RST LAYER if you are having any issues with this product.
Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I figured I would give this kit a try and hope to revive an old machine.
I followed the instructions and Installed all of the hardware first. The only small issue was that the kit was missing one wire. I reached out to James on messenger, per the instructions and he immediately got back to me and resolved my issue. The customer service was excellent, I have never had an issue resolved this quickly. 2 days later I received the wire and installed it.
having 2 other Ender 3's that have had extensive mods, I was very familiar with the firmware and flashing process, so I settled in to start the process. To my astonishment when I turned the printer on for the first time, everything worked. I DID NOT FLASH ANYTHING. I was absolutely amazed. the BL touch operated flawlessly, the screen was very easy to navigate and the controls made sense. Every setting you could ever want is accessible through the touch screen.
After levelling the bed, I ran a test print and was completely shocked at how nice it came out. I didn't even bother messing with the E steps and recalibrating the extruder. I'm sure I will eventually, but a great print is a great print and why fix something that isn't broken?
I can tell after several days of printing that this printer will become my go-to. I will definitely re-upgrade my other printers with this same kit.
all in all this is one of the few products for 3D printers that requires very little tinkering. I would consider this kit as more of a complete machine upgrade, than a mod. Anyone considering upgrading a machine to allow for current, up to date functions, cant go wrong with this purchase.
THIS IS A WINNER...If you want make stuff... and not spend hours messing with firmware and files...
I work with 3D printers for my job and teach people the basics of them at my local tech college so my day can be surrounded with 3D printing at times. I believe the most important thing you can add to your printer is reliability. Start it and walk away is the goal. Consistent first layer, quality and control. This board does that very well! It is certainly quieter as well, I tested this on my home machine and my wife is now much happier to indulge me in my projects. Which is also the goal haha. The touchscreen works great too, had one glitch in the 8 months of use and was able to power it off then back on and it self corrected. They also have a Facebook page that you can reach out for support, which was very helpful when I had a firmware question about a filament runout sensor.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you take on the project. 1) Set up on this does require removing your current board and disconnecting/reconnecting everything plugged into it which for some people might be a challenge. 2) You do have to flash new firmware onto this device which can also be a challenging project if you’ve never done it before. First layer support will give you their proprietary firmware if you reach out so realize that you don’t HAVE to use their firmware if you don’t want to. That being said I chose to use their firmware and it’s worked great for me. 3) It likely will not use the same mount holes as the previous screen so if you don’t like the silver metal showing you can print an end cap for it later.
Summary - it does what it says it does, it’s quieter, more reliable, more user friendly and should you ever need it their support is great. It does require quite a bit of set-up for the new user.
Everything fit pretty well. The only exception being that the screen bracket is for the Ender 3 frame where the horizontal rails have 2 channels and the vertical rails have 1. The Ender 5 frame is the opposite. The screen will still fit, you just have to leave out one of the channel nut/screws and the screen is at a lower angle than it would otherwise be.
Once installed the kit started right up and the screen lit up. It did have an issue booting the first time, but a quick power cycle resolved it and everything was up and going.
The board comes flashed for an Ender 3 but it is very simple to change. F1rst Layer has really clear instructions on the process and have pre-compiled the firmware for each setup. They have them all shared through Google Drive and a link is in the kit. I was able to find the ones I needed after reading through the guide they have in the drive and got everything flashed in about 20 minutes without any issues.
Once flashed, the mesh bed leveling, offsets, etc, are all easy to set from the new screen. The touch sensitivity leaves a bit to be desired, but it definitely works and is easier to navigate than the old screen was. I did run into an issue printing the test print from the bed leveling screen as it seems to overshoot the X axis and the CR probe collides with the roller for the Y axis. I didn't encounter this with any of my other testing though, so I think it is just a setting in the gcode for that file.
The only other snag I hit was that the steps per mm on the Z axis were set to 400 instead of 800 in the flashed firmware making all my prints half height. This was correct for the older Ender 5 though so if you run into this, just make sure to adjust the setting and you will be back up and running.
After I got everything properly calibrated the prints are looking better than ever. I love being able to tweak the settings mid print as needed too fine tune the quality. It is much quieter as well. Thanks for the great kit! I will definitely check with this company first for any future upgrades.