BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 16, 2016
This is a decent collection of performance clips of Cream circa 1967 - 1968, culled from
various television performances. They're both in color and black and white (the best clip,
unsurprisingly, is the power trio performing "Sunshine Of Your Love," in color).
After reading many negative reviews of their "Farewell" concert on dvd, I found this on
Amazon and purchased it. Fans of Cream and similar bands of that era will enjoy this.
on July 26, 2017
If you are the type who is thinking, "I love Cream, and I would like to footage of them performing" you will love this. Crazy production effects, but that's half the charm.
on November 25, 2005
I originally saw this film as a child on TV and then later on as a PBS special. I finally was able to find a copy of the VHS tape and then eventually I also bought the DVD. Yes I am a long time hard core Cream fan but spending more money on yet another version of this dated account of a truly incredible band gave me some pause. Let me just say it was money well spent. The original concert DVD was only 48 minutes long while this restored version is now 80 minutes in length. It also includes the original theatrical release as well. The sound quality is vastly superior and is now in both Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround. The songs that were shown only as clips in the old version have now been restored to their full length and several new songs have been added. In particular, the song "Crossroads" which is a Cream staple has now been included in its entirety. Previously, this song was only availably in black and white on another Clapton compilation which had marginal sound quality. The sound on this version is much cleaner and now Clapton's solos can really be heard and appreciated.

This DVD should not be compared to a video of today in that it was filmed almost 40 years ago when filming styles and standards were different. It will not stand up to the quality of the 2005 Cream reunion DVD which is arguably the finest concert recording I have heard to date. It is a good companion to that concert in that you can see how Jack, Ginger, and Eric looked when the band was in their "prime" (see Jack and Eric's between song banter in the 2005 reunion DVD for an inside joke). Just as "How the West was Won" gives a good account of what Led Zeppelin was like in their prime, this DVD gives you the closest account of what a Cream concert would have been like. It is unfortunately the only account of a Cream concert that is currently available and unfortunately the only way to see why this trio of blues and jazzmen who were only together for three short years are still talked about and admired 40 years later. It also explains why "Ticket brokers" were getting over $4k per ticket for seats up close to the stage at MSG.

Let us just hope that some more archival footage of Cream can be discovered and restored just as Jimmy Page did for Led Zeppelin. And while we are at it, lets keep our fingers crossed that Jack, Ginger and Eric will stay together for a while and give us more of what we have been waiting almost 40 years to see and hear.
on February 1, 2010
This was a poorly made film for sure however for the low prices being offered
on Amazon and eBay this is a steal. It would be worth $20 for just the one
clip of "Sitting On Top Of The World" ...not to mention "Politician". I'm about
to buy my 3rd copy here. I lent one of em out and haven't seen it since the
other my dog got a hold of and since the disc is in pieces now it probably
won't play to well ;-) The version of Sitting On Top Of The World on this
DVD is absolutely amazing.
on November 18, 2016
Very good but not as good the 2005 concert. But you must remember this one is from the sixties and the sound is so much better now. If I were you I would buy them both like I did. I think that you will love them.
on April 19, 2002
I'm not going to comment so much on this DVD as all the previous writers have covered all the bases. I would like to comment on the whole Cream package, movies, records, cd's etc. Cream was one of the best bands ever, I love them, but I haven't heard one recording that ever did them justice. I think the whole RSO organization used them as a money machine and then cast them aside. None of the recordings or moveis had any real technical know how behind them. One typical feature that has irritated me on a lot of British films are why in the world do they focus on the guitar players face during a solo (Clapton, Hendrix et al) and forget that they ain't singin' man they are playin' that thing they are holding. Anyway I have bought all of the Cream videos I could and just suffer through it all.
on March 3, 2014
Nah.... I was looking for a full concert, not crappy videography footage from the 60's.... They never took good video... It's like the woodstock movie.... They either zoom in on the artist's shoulder or are too close to their mouth.... For crying out loud, zoom out and let's watch them play!
on September 16, 2016
It was a gift and my recipient loved it!
on March 24, 2016
This is a great period piece and a must have for all Cream fans.
on November 1, 2009
The dvd was made when production values were rather low. The sound is not very good especially compared to recent dvd's.
The camera work is not much better. However, the performance is quite good. They are playing at or near their peak.
I would still recommend this dvd because I remember seeing cream back in the old days.
Well my memory is not that good either.