About the Product
- PlayStation Move compatible, allowing players to create together with motion control tools
- Use powerful tools with thousands of stickers, brushes, textures, elements, animating objects, and more to create each scene any way you like
- In a game powered by your imagination that rewards you for being creative, unlock new tools, objects, fun challenges, and more
- Over 100 challenges to spark your imagination spread over more than ten game settings
- With your PlayStation 3 connected to the internet, you can upload and share your creations, as well as browse, download, and remix your friends creations
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Create is a family-friendly puzzle-solving game where players must use their creativity to solve the over-the-top spatially based puzzles faced. Containing well over 100 puzzles from a variety of categories and set within several differently themed environments Create allows players to let their imaginations run wild as they use virtually any object available to solve the unlikely challenges set before them. Additional features include extreme customization of game environments, the ability to share creations online with friends and compatibility with the PlayStation Move controller system.
The Ultimate in Creative Puzzle Play
Create, is the must-have sandbox puzzle video game that is powered by your imagination and rewards you for being creative. Unlike other games where there is a set path or paths that must be followed to achieve success, in Create the building blocks of success are all around, and it is up to you put the pieces together in order to achieve it. The game is packed with over 100 exciting challenges set within more than ten different gameworlds to engage in, and everything can and must be customized using items that you have unlocked. And the more rewards you unlock, the more options you have. Unleash your creativity as you design unique environments with easy-to-use brushes and tools, including texture, animated objects and designs that bring your scene to life. Create living works of art and engage in level-based game challenges powered by imagination. Mix and match from different themes and art styles to create your unique environments. It's a limitless experience full of creative expression. With exciting and fun challenges, you'll be thinking on your feet to come up with solutions to the zaniest of challenges. The game is also a fun shared experience for families and friends both near and far who want to play and create together. This is realized via both the ability to use your PS3's connection to the Internet to share your creations--which can then be edited--with others around the world, as well as the game's built-in compatibility with the PlayStation Move system that allows you to create together using motion controlled tools. Either way you play, let your imagination run wild and see what you can Create.
What if you were given the challenge to maneuver a race car through a flaming hoop, say 20-30-40 feet up in the air. Think you could do it? What if it had to be done with balloons? Or perhaps using so many variables that it looks like a Rube Goldberg machine? Of course this is a pretty ridiculous request, but assuming the suspension of everyday reality and belief, and an assortment of malleable if unlikely objects, could you make it happen? This is the crux of Create. Consisting of a large series of puzzle challenges tending towards the outrageous, players must use their imaginations and objects provided or already part of their in-game possessions to succeed. With success comes additional items that can be used in later endeavors, if not ruled out by the challenge at hand. Challenges are set within a variety of base game worlds that can also be customized using an in-game toolset, and player creations can also be saved, reused, edited and even shared with others online, who can also then edit them for their own use. An additional exclusive feature of the PlayStation 3 version of the game is compatibility with the PlayStation Move control system which allows players to create in new ways using the systems motion controlled tools.
Key Game Features
- Create Your Scenes - Use powerful tools with thousands of stickers, brushes, textures, elements, animating objects, and more to create each scene your way. Dynamic tools bring your scene to life. Mix and match from different themes and art styles to create your unique environments.
- Unlock a World of Play - In a game powered by your imagination that rewards you for being creative, unlock new tools, objects, fun challenges, and more.
- Experiment with Fun Challenges - Over 100 challenges to spark your imagination. Use your creativity in each scene to power-up your play and unlock new hidden areas. Experiment with objects and effects to create simple, challenging, or even crazy solutions.
- Fun for the Whole Family - A unique experience that's fun and easy for anyone to pick up and play.
- Share with the World - Upload your creations easily with your PlayStation 3 connected to the internet. You can share your creations, as well as browse, download, and remix anyone's creations. (Requires Internet connection.)
- Compatible with PlayStation Move - Find new ways to unlock your creativity when you use Sony's PlayStation Move controller to create new scene.
100+ over-the-top challenges.
Uncover new usable objects.
PlayStation Move compatible.
Top Customer Reviews
First: This is NOT a platformer. It cannot be compared to Little Big Planet or Super Mario.
This is a puzzle game and, as another reviewer noted, a good reminder of "The Incredible Machine". If you're fan of that genre, you'll have fun. If you want to create contraptions just to see what can be done, it's good too, although Little Big Planet is doing a better job at it (that's the only part of this game that can be compared).
If you buy this game for a young kid, he can be frustrated very quickly. It can be challenging to go through all the levels.
So look at the description of the game before buying it. It's a great game in its genre and there are too few of them.
Still, it could be kind of interesting, depending on what you can create. I don't know if the physics model is as flexible as LBP.
It doesn't seem to be very exciting. I guess it's like setting up dominoes and watching them knock each other over. Mildly amusing, but not all that engaging.
I'll start with the cons. I did not use the Move controls, so I can't comment on those. Given the amount of control you have in item placing/tweaking, the menus unfortunately get a bit clunky and confusing to navigate. Fixing an error you made in placing an item (and you will make many) can be quite daunting sometimes. The game has far too much loading time. At its core, the game does fall into trial and error, because just 1 pixel can completely change your entire setup, so you have to be very patient for some of these puzzles.
And on to the pros. Again since you have so much control, you really can do anything you want. Don't feel like building a vehicle to transport stuff? Try dropping an explosive on it to send it flying into the goal. Having trouble getting a ball across the level? Put some rockets behind some cars and zoom it away! The utter freedom you have with your solutions is just amazing, and will heavily test your critical thinking skills as well. Honestly, that's all the pro you need. If you like this style of puzzling, you'll be addicted in no time.
And that should sum it up. People can freely upload their solutions to the create website, and you can just see how creative people get with their solutions. The one that always stuck in my mind was being tasked to build a vehicle to get a ball on to a platform. The person's solution was to build a series of rotating platforms that bounced the ball around until landing it on the platform. Not even CLOSE to the intended answer!
This is a gem of a game, especially since it's at budget price. If you've got some time to spare and want to challenge your brain, try it out!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My 7 year old wanted this game because it is somehow similar to Minecraft? Anyway, she loves it. It was a huge hit.Published 14 months ago by Maggie