Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on April 6, 2009
The Bookmaking Project Kit is an excellent learning tool. My 9 year old granddaughter, who recently returned from a trip to Disney World in Florida, had the option of scrapbooking her vacation or creating her own hard bound "travel guide." She chose to be an author by using the Bookmaking kit. She enjoyed writing in her own words, adding pictures and designing her own cover. As a part time art teacher and grandmother, I highly recommend this creative gift for any child or young adult, who wants to let their imaginations soar.... The finished bound book returns within 2 weeks, stamped with your young authors name and titled to their request. TWO THUMBS UP.
on May 27, 2012
Illustory is so much better. My niece did not like this one at all. The place to draw the pictures was limited and unlike illustory...you have to pay for the shipping of the envelope! So, all in all...it cost more than illustory and it is just not as good.

Updated...all they did was bind the pages together! My niece though it would be typed up like the illustory so, he just wrote it in pencil. Turns out when she got it back...she could erase everything she did. Why not just sell an empty blank book. I can buy 20 blank books for the price of this ridiculous product!
77 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 18, 2009
There is no doubt this is an excellent, lasting gift kids will "eventually" enjoy. It's obvious they will have to wait for the finish product and that's a good thing. I was a little unimpressed with the packaging as far as gift giving is concerned. It arrives in a plastic pouch and what you really get (to give) is a stack of blank paper and a paid receipt for binding.. This is a gift that has to be explained otherwise a young child might think he was cheated somehow. This shouldn't dissuade you at all but be prepared to spell out what is is and how it works. I ordered one to be shipped directly to the recipient and one to be hand delivered. I am a little nervous about the former. Although this is a great idea and will be treasured for years to come, it might be better to save this for a craft project.
on March 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and just received her finished published book in the mail. We are overjoyed with this product. The best part was the personalized, hand written note from the publisher who included details from my daughter's story and encouraged her to follow her dreams. Fantastic!
review image
on January 30, 2014
I bought this kit for my 10 year old niece since she loves books and plans to write her own someday. I expected the kit to be of good quality and was very disappointed with the cheap contents. This may be good for a toddler or young child (under 6).
on March 8, 2014
I ordered this with trepidation for my nine-year old. They shipped quickly and everything was as described. My daughter easily used the pages and followed the instructions to write and illustrate her own book, complete with a cover page and table of contents. Once she finished, we sent it off for binding.

About 4 weeks later we received a beautifully bound, hard-cover book, with gold embossing title. The quality is excellent and the finished product completely professional looking. Included was a hand-written personal note to my daughter about how wonderful her story is and they even shared their favorite part of her story. Nice touch.

We will be buying this again, as my daughter loves to write and illustrate, and it is really special to have something so beautifully and professionally bound. Well worth the price!
on December 11, 2014
Asa former Art teacher of grades 1st through 8th. I found the nostalgic, imagination and creativity of Create Young Authors Bookmaking Project Kit (sold by Grimm Book Bindery) extremely well done as a finished project.The kids OWN drawings,their OWN handwriting, not digital, or typset, as so many are now days..Plus, as a Grandma of 7 (ages 14-2) there is nothing more priceless then having a piece of your child, or grandchild preserved with tender loving care from Grimm Book Bindery, an establishment since 1854...
on June 26, 2015
My niece and nephew really loved putting together this project. It's 20 pages not including the title page and author question/bio pages. It's really well put together and fun for the kids to work on for a day. The books are wonderful quality and the most wonderful thing is that someone from the bindery writes an encouraging handwritten letter to the child specifically about their book. :) I can't say enough about how great this is.
on March 10, 2015
I was disappointed in this product. I purchased it for a gift for my Grandson who is writing books. It is very cheap and directed to very young kids. When searching for a gift - I searched for teenage book writing materials and it was the only thing that came up, so sight unseen, I didn't realize how childish it was. Would be appropriate for a younger child but would be very expensive for that.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my grandson a few years ago. He loved it! After he wrote his own story and sent it in to be printed, I was there to enjoy it with him. It was such a hit his younger brother asked for the same thing this Christmas. I can't wait to read his story!