Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 27, 2014
I have commented Muhammad Yunus’ „Creating World Without Poverty – Social Business and the Future of Capitalism” in my blogposts. If you allow I use them here as well:

I. Muhammad Yunus’ "Creating World Without Poverty – Social Business and the Future of Capitalism" describes a fantastic idea and the implementation of this superhuman task: to extend credit to the most poor and to establich social businesses. A remedy from below. He is succesful: Grameen (his bank) methods are applied in projects in 58 countries, including the US, Canada, France, The Netherlands and Norway. He and Grameen Bank are winners of Nobel Peace (!) Prize.
II. I mentioned professor Yunus, laureate of Nobel Peace Prize, banker of the poor the other day. I am sending you now two pages of his book, to illustrate the difficulty of his (and his Grameen bank’s) task: ten points of conditions to be achieved when they lift a family out of deep poverty. All of the 10 conditions must be realized for not counting them poor. In other words this is the level of poverty in Bangladesh.
(Sorry, I am unable to post the two pages, you may find them in my www.ahalmos@wordpress.com , July)
on November 10, 2017
I read Napoleon Hills' "Think and Grow Rich" - he said "rich" is whatever you define it to be. Creating a World Without Poverty is a social version of Hills' book. These two teaches the same principle; people are full of potential only if they are provided with opportunities and a mind to imagine. Thank You @ Professor Yunus, very soon I will take you on that challenge.
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2010
I liked this book and I greatly admire Muhammad Yunus for his work throughout Bangladesh and other locales throughout the world. His idea is generally sound that the Western world's attitude towards the poor is misguided because the poor do have something great to offer this world and may not need the well intended training programs and clearly gigantic aid checks to dubious governments haven't done much to free people throughout the world from poverty. Therefore, we should give the poor tools they need to free themselves from poverty like Yunus banks have. However, the end of the book where he is talking about a world without war, poverty, and equal access for everyone to basic things we often take for granted in the Western world made me pause and actually prevented this from being a five star book.

Damn me as cynical if you must, but a world without war is a utopian dream that is not going to come about through social business because war is on its' face a human endeavor and human beings are imperfect and fallible. I think it would be great if no child had to die of a disease we could prevent, but I think overall although social business is a good idea it's overrated because you'd need so many social businesses dedicated to poverty relief, medicine and immunization, and other enterprises that the capitalist system would have to die out instead of co-existing with the social business models. I don't quite see how the profit-making enterprises and social enterprises would co-exist.
on July 31, 2017
Good services. I enjoyed the product.
on September 5, 2017
I absolutely love this book!!!!!!
on February 25, 2015
Full with optimism and world-changing ideas, Yunus emerges with a rough formula to save the world. It is far from hot air. Data and true results back up what has been a spectacular journey for Yunus and the Grameen organization. I've also read "Building Social Business" and though I find some concepts repeated, the reiteration is useful in forcing me to remember certain concepts. I would recommend this and his other books to a friend readily. The world needs changing, so let's do it. Let peace reign.
on December 23, 2009
I honestly was moved to tears during my reading of the book. It is not sentimental and the author is passionately optimistic in regards to the possibility that running non-profit endeavors, with the sole intention of the betterment of the destitute, and using a system that aims at efficiency, and through borrowing the concept of competition from the conventional market place, can solve the problem of poverty, at least slowly and gradually. Its essence is that we should encourage people to see that the meaning of life is greater than just profiting oneself and create incentives to prosper this engagement. I must say that I am converted! However, while I greatly admire Professor Yunus's aspiration and stature, his is not necessarily the best written kind of prose. There is a reasonable amount of repetition and at times perhaps there are too much details, for example. Saying this, I still highly recommend this because it is that kind of book that one wants to own even if one does not read it thoroughly.
on February 13, 2011
I have wanted to buy this book and even read any of M.Yunus' books for a long time now.
For year, I kept on thinking about the business world and how it lacks a humanitarian foundation. All of these and other ideas have been crossing my mind. When i finally purchased the book, i couldn't believe that ideas like micro-credit and no-dividend self sustained companies actually exist. Not just that, but they have been put into action for more than 30 years!
Please give this book a deep read. It combine all of the social disciplines and brilliantly blend them with those of the financial scientific ones.
I urge every business man, business student, intellectual, politician,banker, thinker, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, and to simply any one who wants to see things differently.
on August 7, 2010
Professor Yunus describes an intriguing concept of social business where investors are entitled to a return on investment but not additional dividends. The idea behind a social business is that management will be measured by a social mandate rather than a profit maximization mandate. The model for social business is the Grameen bank which Professor Yunus founded as "Banker to the Poor" in Bangladesh winning the Nobel Peace Prize. The successful social business model could be adapted to solve problems around the world including poverty, hunger, disease, etc. Whether a fan or foe of the concept of social enterprise, reading the inspired thoughts of Professor Yunus is worth the investment of time for anyone with a sense of intellectual curiosity.
on July 2, 2010
Most creative concept that is truly workable. Had an idea for Mr. Yunus: What would he think about embarking on a "tutoring seminar" to help spread the word?
This could be geared to the successful large businesses in the major cities. The purpose would be to teach how the principles of "social business" could be adapted to various kinds of business for various kinds of purposes.
The project could expand to internet tutoring.
This might work on a "donation" concept instaed of charging a fee for the tutoring.
As I see it, right now only (mostly) those involved are aware of the concept, and it needs to have a fire built under it!
Respectfully submitted