Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2007, 6:46:45 PM PST
Gabe says:
I don't claim to be a scientist. I don't claim to be a genius for that matter. But I've come to realize that there are SO many people in the world who are offended by the very thought of an Intelligent Designer. Why is that? I'm more offended by someone telling me that I'm worthless and came from a monkey. Why can't secular people practice what they preach and open their minds to the possibility of a God?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008, 5:22:08 AM PST
G. Heron says:
Gabe,

Firstly let me say that while I don't believe in an intelligent designer and do believe that I and all modern day primates are desended from a common ancestor I certainly don't consider myself or indeed any other human being to be worthless. I do dislike the idea of being manufacturerd by a being who exists outside the universe and who created the universe so he could populate it with his pet humans who he would then ask to worship him, those who did this well would then on their death be removed from the phycal universe and would spend the rest of eternity with him telling the him how brilliant he was for creating them.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 9:34:24 AM PST
Jim Kent says:
G. Heron;
You fall into the same pit that all the anti-ID folks do: you think that an intelligent designer is "God" and that the narrative about "God" in the Judeo-Christian Bible is the follow-on to that theory. Try opening your mind to the idea that the Intelligent Designer might have been an alien society who seeded this solar system long eons ago and that earth and its flora and fauna are the result.

Personally, I am sick and tired of the people who automatically discount ID as being religious-based dogma.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about