Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 152 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on December 26, 2012
The In-Ear 3 from Creative offers superb quality. I have been using the In-Ear 2 for a long time since its inception, and I have been very happy with the quality. I have tried several earphones for its price range*, and I know I am a proud owner of In-Ear2. And then In-Ear3 came out, with a hefty price tag. Even until now, the price stands at $150 from the official Creative store. I got one here at Amazon for under $99. What I got surprised me.

What I Like:
(+) Dual Armature Driver, gives superior audio quality from single driver earphones (dual-drivers are RARE).
(+) Very comfortable fit, I could wear this all day without noticing it. The In-Ear2 is a LOT lighter, but I find this one a lot more comfortable to wear. I have been wearing all my earphones over the ear, and this one is made exactly with that in mind. Very ergonomic.
(+) For under $100, this is a grab. I would say comparable earphones are priced at least twice this one, like those from Etymotic and Shure. Sure, those may be a little bit better, but for the price, no one can beat this.
(+) Elastic cord. Finally, they chose the elastic type cord found in their low-end earphones like EP-630, versus their "durable" hard cord found on both In-Ear and In-Ear2. I actually find these a lot more durable considering real-world use.

What I don't Like:
(-) The plug is a little easy to break because it uses a straight plug. I broke mine, as I broke my In-Ear 2 plug. By "breaking", I don't mean unuseable. A 33-cent glue will fix it. I am actually delighted to know that the In-Ear3 has more protection at the plug. When i broke my In-Ear2 plug, the wires are visible. With the In-Ear3, the wires are still covered by the elastic cord. A big plus. I personally think an L-shaped plug would have been better,, it it could just be from the way i use my devices and the earphones.

Recommendation:
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. Don't waste money on both Beats and Bose. They sound crappy and they are expensive - you only really pay for the brand name. Sennheiser is AS GOOD as creative, but offers its products at twice the price (e.g., compare Creative EP-630 and Sennheiser CX-300, you'd be surprised to know that they use the same hardware). I know, because I tried these products.

I like Creative products, but this is not a biased review (See my other Creative products review, a bit more harsh).
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
I bought this based on the number of reviews and praises that many have written about these earphones. The sound is very good for the price point. It is crisp and clear and the separate drivers really make a unique combination versus the traditional single driver setup. The fitting takes getting used to because it fits from the ear canal to the back and the wire runs over the back of your ear starting in the front.

Packaging was very nice and earphones were well displayed. Certainly much better than the sub $30 phones you usually see at CVS or whatever.

The problem is the wires are too thin and frail. They don't seem to hold up very well to the rigors of every day movement. I don't recommend these at all for workouts. I also feel the wires after the Y-split are too short considering it has to be wrapped around the back of your ear from the front. I think a few more inches on each side would've helped a lot. These aren't insanely expensive but they aren't cheap either. I wish the wires held up better considering how well these perform technically.
review image
on January 12, 2015
These are excellent for me overall. I play Bass on stage, and we use in-ear monitors to keep the stage volume low so our front-of-house guy doesn't have as hard a time mixing. I don't like wearing over-the-ear cans on stage, and other earbuds I tried were lacking on low-end support for my bass. These have great low-end support, so I can actually hear my Bass and the low end of the electronic drum kit we use, and I don't loose the high end of the guitars/keyboards/vocals either. I made some custom-molded tips for them, so they seal even better and really lock in the sound so I can keep the volume lower and still hear what I need to without destroying my ears.

My only real complaint about them would have to be the cable quality. Within a couple months, I already nicked the insulation on one lead with the adjustable slider while cinching it up behind my head. It didn't destroy the cable, but I've found I've got to be very gently with the cables on these. While the cable is nicely flexible, it is also fragile. I wish they had made these with modular cables that could be replaced easily.
on May 16, 2015
I own a lot of audio equipment. I have tried many earbuds. Dual dynamic drivers offer heavy bass but leave a lot of detail at the high and midrange covered up because the bass can overwhelm your ear. While fine for the pile driver music of the age you miss a lot if you watch movies with 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 surround sound or like classical music, jazz, or big bands that have more than three or four instruments playing. These dual balanced armature earbuds do offer a great seal and multiple earbud options. They offer an incredible level of detail when watching movies on streaming video servers that offer premium quality sound. You will hear sound effects, and dialog you may have missed in the theater or with lesser headphones. These are a tremendous bargain and match the sound from many $300.00 professional musician earbuds. They have a nice caring case, a generous selection of ear tips and sizes, and an earwax cleaning tool. One thing keeps them from being a LEGENDARY offering at this price point. They don't have a detachable cord. Audiophiles view that feature as the holy grail in a quality product. These are easily the best sounding earbuds under $100.00 or even $200.00. They put BEATS, Klipsich, and Bose to shame. They even topped my Shure earbuds in sound. A better and detachable cord would have earned Aurvana a spot in audio Nirvanna.
on March 23, 2014
The most important thing is to understand that every ear is different. This goes even your own left and right ear. They are different. So it is always frustrating to see reviews from people who trash headphones because they don't fit well. You have to take the time to find the ones that fit your ears. Not all earphones are for everyone and while most manufacturers work to be all things to all ears it is still a challenge and you have to make some effort to find ones that fit your ears.

I have very difficult ears to fit. I have been through many many earphones between bluetooth and corded. Most recently I bought klipsch 3m and etymotic to compare. These by far offered the best overall fit and sound quality. Sound is another subjective arena. What I mean by that is everyone's ears pick up different sound and your brain processes what you like. This also depends on what type of music you like to listen to. the klipsch offered good sound and was very clean. I found sounds in some of the music previously that it picked up, which was really cool. The downside was that it overproduced them and became annoying. The other issue was I couldn't get them to stay in my ears when working out. They were close but just not enough to keep.

Then I played the etymotic mc5. Wanting to keep at least under $100. Maybe this wasn't a fair comparison because the aurvana are listed for $150. so maybe the hf5 would have been better. but the specs where very close. anyway, the etymotic just doesn't have the bass needed to play across various types of music. classical was great. However, pop, rap, etc. just was very thin and couldn't produce all the range sounds appealing to my year. that said others who like little to know bass would find these pleasing. build quality was good. I have returned them.

Now for aurvana, They fit perfect and really sealed in my year well. The dramatically helps with any in ear sound experience. I really like the behind ear loop and how they fit inside the ear. I have run and worked out in them with great success. the sound quality produced a clean sound and bass was just right. If you want more you can always boost it with an equalizer. I listened to various types of music and each time I plugged in these I would always have to turn the volume down. These really put out the sound and would recommend these to anyone. the price is right and it you like your music for the price I don't think you could go wrong. One note is that the cord is easily tangled. Hopefully they will change the cord out to a flat one at some point.
on June 14, 2014
I bought these headphones looking to replace my old Sennheiser CX300MKII's, which had been tragically crushed while at the gym. I consider myself, if not an audiophile, than at least someone who's careful in choosing headphones. Having read some pretty good reviews, both on Amazon and on external sites, I decided to buy a pair which at the time cost me around $90. Once they arrived in the mail, I tested them using a couple of tracks on Spotify. I was pleased with the general quality of the sound, especially the low and mid ranges. They were distinct, clear, and you can really 'feel' the bass. I sampled Kanye's 'Blood on the Leaves', not out of any particular preference, but rather for the diversity in musical range. While the bass had a satisfying 'boom' (sorry for the sound effects), and the midrange clear and pleasing, I found that at higher volumes the treble could become piercing--almost painful--if listening to songs with particularly high treble. However, after 100-120 hours of casual listening (no intentional burn-in), it's become more controlled and less treble-y, while still hitting the important notes.

Furthermore, the around-the-back-of-the-ear design is really comfortable, and prevents the buds from being ripped out of your ears (running, sleeping, active listening, etc.) They also look pretty cool.

The only complaint that I might offer involves the straight jack; I've had problems in the past with not-L shaped jacks, but hopefully that won't become too much of a problem.

Overall: Super satisfied with this purchase. Being a poor college student, I haven't experienced the more expensive in-ear models, yet I would be very surprised to find a pair leaps-and-bounds better than these without paying $150-200<.
on March 28, 2015
I am not an audiophile. So I cannot comment on how these compare to "other" luxury headphones / earbuds. For the most part, I always used the headphones that came "free" with any of my smartphones. It was only when my Samsung headphones shorted in one ear that I was looking for a new pair of headphones when I settled on these. These headphones are excellent. Well-worth the price. I purchased these for work so I would not be distracted by office chatter within my cubicle. These fit snugly and do a superb job at canceling out noise. It is so good that I keep my phone on the lowest possible setting (right before silent) and I still cannot hear those who talk behind me. My co-workers have to constantly wave their hands in front of my eyes for me to notice that they're trying to get my attention.

It is also worth noting that for those who are new to this design, these headphones wrap around your ears comfortably and are perfect for those who are athletic. Whenever I run or lift weights, I never worry about these falling out which was a common complaint with the cheaper headphones. However, it is definitely worth noting that these do not have a build-in microphone, so whenever I receive a phone call, I make the mistake of trying to talk to the joint where the ears split off. Something to keep in mind if you are looking for those with build-in microphones.
on March 15, 2014
This earbud gives smooth midrange, crystal clear highs and solid bass. However, inorder for it to work properly you must experiment with different size rubber tips provided in the kit. In choosing the right rubber tip make sure you listen to enough of your favorite music or songs to obtain the perfect balance you want. Balanced armatures earbud are exceptionally sensitive to tip fit in your ear. Without the proper selection of tip size you are likely to lose bass with unbalanced highs. From my experience. the solid foam tips that come with Creative work better than the conventional rubber tips.

Have fun experimenting, I know you will enjoy the music quality provided by these earbuds. The build quality is excellent and unsurpassed at 80 bucks. It also comes with a very well designed packing case. Buy it, you will not regret. By the way, it also fits my ears securely and comfortably.

For folks who like vocal you will be delighted by this earbud. It is liquid smooth. I like it so much I bought two more pairs.

April 2,2014 update
After listening to the Aurvana 3 for 12 hours they are burned in and delivering full body sound. The sound quality is so amazing that I feel like sitting in front of a live concert all the time. I am center front and getting all the details and nuance of the music that I don't get from other less perfect earbuds. I have dozens of high quality earbuds but none can match Auavana 3 quality of sound, including the Sony high cost SB4 with four armature drivers. The Aurvana 3 is now my favorite. I only listen to other high quality phones just to show how great the Auavana 3 is.
on May 13, 2015
pros:
noise isolation: 4.5 very good compared to many other earbuds, in fact you need to pay attention to your surroundings when you're walking on the street;
comfort: 4.5 sits tightly in my ear, not heavy at all, can run with these
lots of accessories: airplane adapter, leather case, rubber buds, etc.. and fancy packaging;

cons:
Sound quality 3.0 : good and accurate in mid to high freq. range, awful base, sound is too crisp, sound quality not impressive at all, sound quality worse than apple's new earbuds; i know balanced armature requires lots of engineering, but it just isn't worth it if you retained a high definition, but ignored people's ear feel to the sound. If you've ever tried Bose low-end earbuds, or Sennheiser momentum, or Shure ($99 ones, don't remember the model#), or Soul SL99, or even Apple's most recent earbud (those that come with iPhone 6), then Aurvana3 headphones are nothing compared to those.
after all sound quality is the most important property of headphones, i gave 3 stars because they didn't do well despite the complicated balanced armature driver design they use
on November 9, 2014
I was so anxiously waiting for these IEMs, only to be somewhat disappointed. I've always been a fan of their brand, but had never tried Creative's IEMs. Sound quality is good, but I expected more from Creative, especially in this price range. I have multiple pairs or IEMs of markedly lower price that sound considerably better than these.

The good:

1. Ergonomics = perfect size & even better fit

2. Sound = Decent, but at least to me, has no depth and limited upper range

The bad:

1. Construction = Have not had them long enough to comment, but right now these feel cheap (plastic), and flimsy (cable is very pliable, thin, and feels frail)

2. The 3.5mm plug = straight and although I knew this from the description, I expected for it to at least have better reinforcement.

Overall:

I expected for this price range for this IEMs to have been of better quality and given the brand, better sounding. Aesthetics are nice, but the picture gives the impression of better quality materials. What you receive however, is a somewhat cheap and "plastic" looking set of IEMs with subpar sound when compared to less expensive units. Sorry Creative, I am a long time fan, but as I feel it, you fell pretty short on this particular product.