- Brand Name: Creative Labs
- Model Number: 51MF8090AA007
- Color: Blue
Creative D100 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Blue)
- From a range of up to 10 meters from the Creative D100 portable Bluetooth speaker, wirelessly stream music from any compatible stereo Bluetooth device such as your mobile phone, notebook, iPhone .With music pouring out of its two powerful 3" drivers, be sure to grace your party with the latest hits and dance away.
- Bring your Creative D100 anywhere you go - for a fun-filled day at the beach, a relaxing moment in the park, or rocking at a party . With enough juice to last and play up to 25 hours of non-stop music
- The Creative D100 portable Bluetooth speaker runs on four AA batteries when tailgating or use the included power cord around the house .The speaker system allows for a wired connection via its AUX-in port for other portable devices, plus it works seamlessly with compatible stereo Bluetooth devices
- Do not panic even if your computer does not have stereo Bluetooth built-in. Give it wireless audio streaming functionality with the Creative BT-D1 Bluetooth USB transmitter (sold separately). It pairs with the Creative D100 in seconds and also works brilliantly with other Creative wireless speakers
- Plug in the Creative BT-D5 Bluetooth transmitter (sold separately) into any 30-pin iPod and instantly stream music wirelessly to the Creative D100 or other Creative wireless speakers
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I've had & used the speaker for about two weeks. I agree with the buyers who report that it is surprisingly good audio for its size, easily connected & remains connected; The speaker is lightweight and value priced& it has the sound of an expensive large portable radio that require 4-D cell batteries.
The only negative is the power switch is on the back. It would be more convenient on the front button panel. I made the mistake of ordering the blue model. It looks cheesy to me; but I only paid $59 dollars for it, not bad for CNET's top rated Bluetooth speakers for $100 or less.
I use mine for radio shows such as Kim Komando, Late Night Coast to Coast & an Ann Arbor celebrity blues program. Music sounds as good as it does from my GE Superadio II & CCrame Radio Plus.
UPDATE Jan 8, 2013. I've regularly used the D100 for over three months. Still performs like new.
1 - it runs on AA batteries. Most of the other more expensive speakers have an internal battery which sucks. I hate internal batteries for two reasons - if the battery is depleted you can't just pop in some fresh ones and when it eventually dies, so does your speaker. Boo for internal batteries. Plus you can plug this in.
2 - has a mini-jack wired audio input. More options to connect is always a good thing.
3 - It's so cheap! Be rough with it - who cares? It's only 50 bucks.
4 - Decent Volume
1 - Audio sometimes drops out of a second every once in a while.
2 - Range isn't awesome - not bad either.
3 - Sound quality is kinda meh but you're already listening to compressed audio files playing over a compressed connection (bluetooth) - audio fidelity is not high on your list I'm guessing versus convenience.
Classic rock and old school radio tracks sound great on this. Newer hip hop and bass heavy recordings don't sound great out of this thing but you can put it on a cushion and the bass will get richer. I use this when doing yard work, cleaning the house, cooking - connect to the ipad or iphone and away I go!
I buy lots of gadgets all the time but this is one of the cheaper ones that I use all the time and has enriched my life in so many little ways.
I purchased this for a week in Vegas, the D100 did not disappoint. We used it by the pool and in the condo we rented, connected via bluetooth to a Samsung android phone. I played mp3, Spotify and Pandora, all with great satisfaction. The sound was full and clear. While it does distort at full volume, full volume was way to loud for either the condo or pool area. We also connected to the laptop using the included cable, which made Netflix on the laptop a LOT better to watch! I used the D100 several hours per day, all week on the same four batteries.
I had concerns about the desert heat by the pool, so I purchased the white/blue model rather that the usual black. I had no issues with the sun or heat with afternoon highs above 105.
A lot of sound for my money.
VERY EASY to connect to either bluetooth or direct cable.
Very simple and portable.
Long battery life.
No speakerphone in the Creative line, but I'd rather have great sound.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
you cant beat this for the price..... bluetooth does not always connect but there is a aux connect in the back ......good quality for the price.... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent Bluetooth speakers! The packaging that it came in was good and the sound is amazing for the price. Creative has been always brilliant on their products. Read morePublished 10 months ago by A. Tan
Decent quality and build. Also liked the wired audio input options, and being able to run off regular batteries.Published 10 months ago by F. U.