Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Creative Haven Creative Cats Coloring Book (Adult Coloring) Paperback – March 18, 2015
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Over 30 Creative Cat Designs to Color
Cat fanciers and coloring enthusiasts will be enchanted with this gallery of original designs. More than 30 full-page portraits of pretty pussycats form a rich tapestry of motifs that includes hearts, flowers, and paisleys in various patterns.
Specially designed for experienced colorists, Creative Haven® coloring books offer an escape to a world of inspiration and artistic fulfillment.
Perforated pages printed on one side only for easy removal & display.
Find your true colors with Creative Haven® and hundreds of other coloring books: www.doverpublications.com/CreativeHaven
About the Author
Marjorie Sarnat is a New York Times bestselling author and illustrator of several coloring books and more than a dozen books on art and creativity. She also is an award-winning mixed-media artist whose works are in collections worldwide. Born and raised in Chicago, Marjorie is an alumna of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a BFA degree from Eastern Michigan University. She lives in Granada Hills, California with her husband, daughter, and son, her two dogs, and her extensive antique book collection.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This artist Marjorie Sarnat breathes new life into the art of Coloring, through the intricate interweaving of exotic cats with mesmerizing eyes that entrance you, and captivating, unparalleled combinations of patterns embellishing the backgrounds, scenery, borders, and even adorning the cats. Her art is brilliant in conception, skillfully and meticulously executed creating phenomenal artwork that will inspire you and take your creativity to new levels .
This book is a perfect gift for school aged children and adults, colorists of all ages
1. 31 illustrations printed one per page (the back of each page is blank) on bright white, heavy weight paper, perforated paper for easy removal of pages for framing or painting.
2. The paper is a joy to color on, Crayons, Colored pencils, Watercolor Pencils, Markers and Gel pens lay down smoothly and brightly.
3. Test you’re Gel Pens and Markers, if they leach through the paper, place a scrap sheet of paper under the page you are coloring on and leave it until the page is dry. OR remove the page from the book.
4. Author Marjorie Sarnat is co-founder and Director of Content Development of Jr Imagination, a publisher dedicated to growing the creative potential in children.
5. UPDATE: Marjorie now has a third and wonderful coloring book that has just been published and is available on Amazon it is "Fanciful Fashions Coloring Book" the artwork is amazing, a must have book (it is not a Creative Haven coloring book) her second book which is (Creative Haven Owls) has been released and is a top seller.
6. This is a wonderful book for experimenting with color, texture, and techniques.
7. Paisleys, Flowers, Music notes, Butterflies, Hearts, Geometric shapes, Steam punk and more patterns are used in these Illustrations.
8. I have added a picture that I colored with Fiskars Gel Pens, 2 illustrations that are included on the inside covers of the book to inspire you, and other images, I hope these will be helpful to you in deciding if this book is just right for you.
The detail is great. Pages are durable and pretty thick. I just love the detail of the drawings. Very clean and organized.
I like how you can easily tear pages our.
Perforated pages and its printed on one side which makes it great to display!
As for the book itself, paper is not a concern to me, since I copy the pages so I can color them more than once using different implements. Gel pens, color pencils and fine tip markers are the most common implements I use. The paper is thicker than your average copy paper, but I would never color in the book without putting a protective sheet in between pages. Marker will bleed through - Sharpie would bleed the most, Crayola the least. The gel pens don't bleed through, but the color shows through the back (not sure if this will make sense to you - the reader).
Most books you would not want the binding to break easily, but with coloring books, most people like the book to lay flat, whether for coloring or copying. This binding 'breaks' open very well. Allowing me to copy pages without removing them from the book. The pages are perforated!!! Coloring books loose at least 1/2 a star, in my opinion, for not having perforated pages. These are also one-sided pages, also important enough to loose 1/2 a star over.
Overall, the images in this book are fun, with crisp lines (even the fine lines) and minimal white space. Perhaps not for the youngest of coloring enthusiasts, unless they are a little more advanced in their coloring skills. (I did use these types of books to help hone my daughter's fine motor skills). I am looking forward to bringing out the brightest (and least used) of my pens and pencils for these images. Glitters, metallics and neons - oh my!!!