Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Resolution USB DAC ..." and save 30% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Resolution USB DAC 600 ohm Headphone Amplifier with Bluetooth
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- A DAC with 120dB signal to noise ratio (SNR) that supports up to 24-bit/192kHz can deliver bit-perfect, true-to-original audio reproduction, just as it was mastered in the studios
- Audiophile Grade, Best-in-class headphone amplifier enables you to power all the headphones in the market with clarity and details
- Portable Digital Connectivity with Mobile Devices allows you to stream high quality, lossless audio digitally from your mobile devices while on-the-go
- The fully customizable SBX Pro Studio suite of technologies gives you unprecedented audio realism when playing back compressed audio; turn off when listening to lossless audio so that you can enjoy bit-perfect audio
- Features built-in NFC technology for one-touch, fuss-free Bluetooth pairing. Simply tap and connect your Bluetooth device and enjoy high quality wireless digital audio streaming.
- Comes with built-in dual microphones that automatically detect and react to landscape or portrait orientation, allowing high-quality recording to smartphones and tablets.
- Connectors : Headphone-out : 2x 3.5mm Stereo jacks, Audio-input : 1x 3.5mm (Line-in / Mic-in / Optical-in), Audio-output : 1x 3.5mm (Line-out / Optical-out), Charging/Streaming : 1x micro USB , 1x Type-A USB(Host)
- Charging : via from PC/MAC or external USB power adapter
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Creative Sound Blaster Portable Headphone Amplifier
High Resolution USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier
The Sound Blaster E5 is a 24-bit/192kHz high resolution USB DAC and portable headphone amplifier. Built with precision audiophile components, a best-in-class 600 ohm headphone amplifier and aptX technology for Bluetooth, the Sound Blaster E5 is the perfect audio component for music lovers, whether they are on the move or beside their PC/Mac, smart phones, or tablets.
Designed for the Audiophile in You
The Sound Blaster E5 is designed from the ground up, to reproduce high-fidelity audio with minimum distortion and noise. It is built on the flagship Cirrus Logic CS4398 Digital-Analogue Converter (DAC), with an impressively high 120dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) that supports sample rates of up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
Sound Blaster E5 is able to decode audio files ranging from MP3s and CDs (16-bit/44kHz) to high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz files, be it from your PC / Mac or other smart devices.
Powers High-impedance Headphones, with a Dual Gain Switch
A best-in-class Texas Instrument TI6120A2 headphone amplifier enables you to power any of the headphones available in the market, giving you clarity, details and a total harmonic distortion value plus noise (THD+N) of <0.005%. The headphone amplifier utilizes a current-on-demand design in the headphone output, which enables the amplifier to respond quickly without the risk of output distortion. When a large amount of power is suddenly needed, the amplifier can respond extremely quickly without raising the noise floor and thus degrades the signal-to-noise ratio.
Dual Gain Switch
7.1 Virtual Surround Support
Stream Music Wirelessly
Very Low Output Impedance - 2.2 Ohm
Headphones, like consumer speakers, have defined classes allowing manufacturers of amplifiers, receivers, etc to design with those standards in mind. Generally different types of headphone fall between 16-32 ohm for consumer or home applications and 600 ohm for broadcast applications. When designing the Sound Blaster E5, our engineers pushed boundaries by specially engineering the headphone amplifier circuit with a very low output impedance of 2.2 ohm. This allows the Sound Blaster E5 to accommodate both extreme ends of headphones in the market while minimizing the introduction of distortion to audio content caused by variance in frequency response.
Low Output Impedance
Dual Headphone Outputs
Multiple Input Connectivity
Jitter-free Audio Playback
The Sound Blaster E5 supports asynchronous mode which is superior to other USB data transfer modes. Data is 'pulled' from the computer under the control of the Sound Blaster E5, not 'pushed' to the DAC. This allows the DAC to process the digital signal at its optimal timing, thereby ensuring the lowest possible output jitter and best possible sound quality with minimal distortion.
MFi-certified for Apple iOS
The Sound Blaster E5 is a MFi-approved product, designed to work seamlessly with iPod, iPhone, or iPad, and has been certified to meet Apple's performance standards.
Long Battery Life
The Sound Blaster E5 is equipped with a 3200mAh battery, which offers up to 8 hours* of playback, even when using the Bluetooth connectivity option.
Sound Blaster E5 also allows Android users to charge their smart phones while on the go.
*Actual battery life will vary with usage scenarios, settings and environmental conditions.
Optimize Sound with the SB-Axx1 Multi-Core Audio Processor
Incorporated into Sound Blaster E5 is a SB-Axx1 multi-core processor, designed to improve audio experiences, such as increasing the depth and spatial width of the audio you hear, be it in movies or gaming. The SB-Axx1 processor also saves all your audio EQ settings so that you can enjoy your personalized sound, whether the Sound Blaster E5 is connected to a computer, or as a stand-alone headphone amplifier.
What's in the box:
- Sound Blaster E5
- Quick Start Leaflet
- Warranty Leaflet
- microUSB Cable
- Desk Stand
- 2x Elastic Band
- Mini TOSLINK cable
Backed by Multi-platform Software for iOS and Android
Get extensive audio control right in the palm of your hand with the free Sound Blaster Central app for iOS and Android devices. Use it to wirelessly customize all your Sound Blaster audio E5 settings so you hear audio, just the way you want it.
- Windows: Intel Core2 Duo or AMD equivalent processor (2.8 GHz or faster recommended), Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard, Microsoft Windows 8.1/8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 7 32/64-bit, Windows Vista 32/64-bit SP1 or higher, 1GB RAM, >600 MB of free hard disk space, Available USB 2.0/3.0 port (High Speed recommended with driver)
- Macintosh: Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher,
- 1GB RAM, >600 MB of free hard disk space, Available USB 2.0/3.0 port (High Speed recommended with software)
- iOS: iPhones/iPads running iOS 6.0 or higher for Bluetooth^, iPhones/iPads running iOS 6.0 or higher for USB Host Audio streaming via Lightning port
- ^Devices must support Bluetooth 4.1 (Low Energy) or higher
- Android: Phones/Tablets running Android 2.3 or higher for Bluetooth, Phones/Tablets running Android 4.1 or higher for USB Host Streaming *
- *Devices firmware must implement AOA2 protocol that support USB Host Streaming
Compare with similar items
FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black)
FiiO BTR1 Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier
Peachtree Audio SHIFT Portable Headphone Amplifier and USB DAC
Sony PHA1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier, Silver
Creative Sound Blaster X7 High-Resolution USB DAC 600 ohm Headphone Amplifier with Bluetooth Connectivity
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cyber Trading||WPISALES||All About Office||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||6.1 x 9.06 x 2.95 in||2.2 x 3.58 x 0.51 in||0.63 x 0.94 x 1.97 in||5 x 8 x 4 in||2.55 x 3.58 x 7.08 in||7.8 x 10.6 x 9.47 in|
The Sound Blaster E5 is a 24-bit/192kHz high resolution USB DAC and portable headphone amplifier. Built with precision audiophile components, a best-in-class 600 ohm headphone amplifier and apt technology for Bluetooth, the Sound Blaster E5 is the perfect audio component for music lovers - whether they are on the move or beside their PC/Mac.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Sound Blaster Central android app doesn't allow for any modification of the eq on the E3 which would help overcome the stock curve. I need accuracy so I will be returning the E3 and look for something better. It's too bad cuz I liked the physical layout of the E3 and it was easy to wear at the gym.
Pros: easy to use to turn on or off just hold the buttons, pleasantly aesthetic, two headphone slots, built in mic, audio boost, sbx option (for more listening experience) bluetooth for those who prefer wireless functionality, usb slot to charge devices (currently I own pc and Android devices) line in\out for more audio options and a micro usb slot to charge the device. Basically the features are all cool
Cons: not sure why but the amp gets hot. And I'm not saying a slight warm during use I mean hot and sometimes uncomfortable I am hoping its not a defect. Finger print magnet, does NOT come with AUX cable. The mic tends to be quite at certain angles and can cause horrible feedback when testing on a pc, no indicators on the amp to know which side increase volume or decrease volume, bulky
Other thoughts: for the price the cons doesn't really affect much besides how it heats up I don't like it at all. The crystal voice feature that can be set up via the software for the product (can be downloaded online for free) isn't all that great but it does help further customize how specific you want your audio experience to be. The fact how loud it can get really helps me to play my hand held consoles in the sound range I would like (something the sound blaster e1 could not do). The audio sounds rich in all my devices and the optic cable did help and works like a charm when listening to my music over my sound bar, though personally I feel my cans just sound better than that.
Overall do I recommend it yes. This was a mixed buy at first because I didn't feel that I needed an amp since I already had another one but I wanted to try it out. The bluetooth or nfc wasn't a big thing for me but if you are one of those people who uses their smart phone as their main music source then you will be pleased. The connectio is simple and strong but does drain the battery faster than the claimed 8 hours. Overall I am happy with my purchase and you will be too.
1) This unit has a built in Bluetooth receiver, which is very unique, convenient and rare. Because of that, there is no need to wire or stack, if you don't want to. Sound is excellent when wirelessly connected to my iPhone.
2) Low and high gain toggle switch. Up to 600 ohms.
3) LED battery status indicator.
4) Dual headphone jacks.
5) Connects directly to an iPhone 6 Plus via USB to lightning. A CCK (USB "camera" to lightning) isn't needed.
6) The sound quality is extremely powerful, clean and rich. Bass-head's and audiophile's alike will appreciate this unit.
7) Optical in and out.
1) This device has a built in Bluetooth receiver, so you can wirelessly receive from a BT device. Unfortunately, this device does not have a built in Bluetooth transmitter, so you cannot wirelessly transmit from this device. I find that odd and imbalanced. Subsequently, I bought a Bluetooth transmitter and inserted it into one of the two available 3.5 mm headphone jacks and then paired it, to wirelessly transmit to my headphones. So far, it works, but "sizzle" or volume increase distortion comes into play, early on. So wish the unit had a built in transmitter, as well as the built in receiver, to alleviate all the add on, aftermarket fails in circulation.
2) At the time of this review, the sound customization or "SBX" software isn't available for the iPhone. Appears the app has been dysfunctional since iOS 9 and Creative Labs has done nothing to update it and make it available again. Weird.
3) I wish the entire casing of the unit was brushed aluminum instead of hard plastic on some parts. Also wish the unit was slimmer and wider
4) The volume knob doesn't have any tactile feedback, orientation or visibility.
5) LED's: A white volume LED, around the circumference of the volume knob would be great. Also five or six battery life indicators instead of three, would more visible as well.
In conclusion, I'm guessing this unit is one of the best in class, as it easily drives my headset to it's fullest potential.