Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Creative Mark 3 Drawer Pastel Box Sturdy Stackable Wood Storage Box For Pastels, Art Tools, Paint Brushes & Make Up Brushes
- Natural lacquer finished birch cabinet has three specially slotted drawers that hold virtually any size colored pencil, pastel, pencil, charcoal, erasers, blending stumps, tortillions or other small gear. Drawers may be removed.
- The drawers are removable for convenient access to stored materials. Foam lining included and removable.
- Drawer dividers remove to allow for multiple configurations easily.
- Easily and securely stack multiple units.
- 9½" D × 16" W × 3¼" H
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Perfect storage for all artist media.
Elegant and well built
Birchwood with a natural lacquer finish.
Sturdy solid construction. Multiple boxes can be stacked to create your perfect set up.
3 Individual drawers have five separate compartments.
Three specially slotted drawers that hold virtually any size colored pencil, pastel, pencil, charcoal, erasers, blending stumps, tortillions or other small gear.
Perfect for child's room, classroom, office or studio.
Solid Construction with interlocking joints.
The drawers are removable for convenient access to stored materials. Keep things close by.
Supply Box Size: 9½" D × 16" W × 3¼" H
Includes foam drawer liner for extra protection.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you take out the foam padding the distance from the bottom of the drawer to the top of the drawer to close for clearance is just under 5/8" or just shy of 3 cm/ 15 mm. The foam padding takes away just over 1/8" or ~ 4 mm for your supplies. The dividers are 1/8" or just about 3 mm thick and are cut shorter in height to accommodate the foam padding. The inside length of the drawer is 14" or 35 cm + 6 mm. The drawers are 7 - 13/16" or 19 cm + 8 mm deep from front to back. If you have really thick pastels or want to store something else I hope this helps you out.
I'm able to fit an entire 120 set of Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils in this box and have a bit of room to spare. I have attached photos showing sculpting tools, Derwent Drawing pencils, blending stumps, General's pencil extender, and a thick silicone shaping tool with three stacked dividers for demonstration of use. The Derwent Drawing pencils are thicker and longer than Faber-Castell and they crowd the blending stump in the back of the drawer. The tin set of six Faber-Castell drawing 9000 graphite pencils fit and the drawer closes smoothly with the foam padding left in. Caran D' Ache Luminance pencils are the same length as Faber-Castell but have their own box I keep them in for now. Prismacolor would fit just fine as would any watercolor pencil. I wanted to show you what you can get away with even if the foam padding is left in the drawer. If you take out the dividers you can add one pencil for each divider you remove and store it under the foam padding if you prefer.
This box is made of birch wood but the bottom of the drawers and dividers are made of masonite. Note the photo shows birch wood dividers and I was able to remove mine easily. If you want to store any kind of wet media at all - DON'T. Masonite will swell so replace those two parts with real wood, seal them, and you should be okay. There are plenty of ArtBin brand plastic tool boxes that will work for wet media supplies. If you don't like the birch then paint or stain it. Get creative with this beautiful box! When you get this pastel box take it out of it's cardboard package and put it on a surface that won't stain to air it out. Pull out the drawers and foam to speed it up a bit with a fan.
This is a fantastic box considering my alternatives were to buy glass frogs, plastic cups, mason jars, pencil carousels, or a bunch of other stuff that won't help protect the pencils during a move and waste valuable working space. I'll be moving to another apartment and see no need to put them in something that I'll have to take them out of in order to protect the pencils. This box is sturdier than it looks but will weigh a bit more when you have your supplies in it. Don't put it on a weak shelf and be aware that the drawers easily slide out. It's a joy to use and the drawers can be easily stacked when you work or play.
You can't expect a mahogany "James Bond" type of pencil case when this is listed and made for storing just pastels at a very affordable price point. It's easy to customize, practical, and for the price of $24.99 you can't beat the quality for something made in China. While they may have a bad reputation for poor quality I got more than what I paid for with this pastel box and I'm very happy with my purchase. Thank you.
All in all its a very nice product. I may need 1-2 more sets for my markers! Oh geez I have too much stuff!
There are a couple different brands on Amazon and reviews vary a great deal. I almost didn't order these after reading so many mixed reviews. Until I saw one reviewer comment that Jerry's Artarama carries the Creative Mark brand which were better quality. I took a chance and ordered 2 of the three drawer units.
My storage boxes arrived in 2 days, well packaged and undamaged. There was no odor to them, other than what I would consider normal for a new wood product.
- The construction is good, no warping. The drawers are aligned and slide in/out without any difficulty. I have been using it on the table with my laptop or iPad on top. ( raises the iPad up to eye level and I can use the Bluetooth keyboard on table ) The 2 wood supports along the front and back edges supports the weight of the laptop/iPad so it isn't resting directly on the top of the box. It also allows for air circulation.
- I don't know if the dividers are designed to come out. - But, with a little gentle wiggling I was able to remove them so I can arrange them to fit my items. I wanted to be able to remove the foam and replace it with felt on the bottom of the drawers.
- I was worried that the drawers might not be deep enough for some of the items I wanted to put in it. Everything fit and the drawers close without any problem.
Although, In a perfect world, I would have liked one drawer just a bit deeper - :) Maybe I have too much junk !
All in all - I give the Creative Mark 3 drawer storage 5 easy stars - Jerry's actually sent an email to follow up with my order - who does that these days :). My first purchase from Jerry's... but not my last !