Top positive review
692 people found this helpful
Grandchildren and I love this Book! 13 pages featuring birds, 10 pages featuring mammals, and 7 pages with miscellaneous species
on January 28, 2015
Every single illustration in this book is captivating. I love coloring in this book and it is a favorite with all of my school aged grandchildren, both boys and girls. The flowing, elegant, artistic, illustrations spark your creativity and draw children away from video games and TV.
I have to be honest, I saw the image of this coloring book and it Intrigued me, but I didn't have a clue about the title. What is Art Nouveau? Then I really wanted to know what type of animals were included in the Illustrations.
What is Art Nouveau? (I looked it up on line)
1. Art Nouveau (New Art) is a style of decorative art and design that was popular in the US from about 1890 until World War I and characterized by intricate linear designs and flowing curves based on natural forms.
The illustrations in this book feature patterns of animals(not mammals (see below) intertwined vines, flowers, and other plants.
What Animals are in the book?
2. I counted the pages and this book has 13 pages featuring birds, 10 pages featuring mammals, and 7 pages with miscellaneous other species as follows: 1 butterflies, 2 fish, 1 crayfish, 1 with frogs and dragon flies, 1 snails and butterflies, 1 with seahorse, shells and starfish and one with a bird, fish and frogs.
3. 31 Illustrations printed one per page ( the back of each page is blank) on heavy weight, bright white, perforated pages.
4. Details vary per illustration.
5. Use crayons, colored pencils, gel pens, or markers with this book. If your pens or markers leach through the page, just place a scrap piece of paper under the page you are coloring and leave the book open until dry.
6. Two fully colored pages are included on the inside covers to kick start your imagination. I have included those with other pictures to help you decide if this is just the right book for you.
My older grandchildren both boys and girls (age 8 and up) and I love this coloring book. The pictures are too detailed for my grandchildren to finish in one afternoon but the perforated pages allow me to easily remove the pages for the children to take home and finish.