- Paperback: 168 pages
- Publisher: Watson-Guptill (June 5, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0399581081
- ISBN-13: 978-0399581083
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.4 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,899,796 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Creative Wood Letters: 35 Simple Craft Projects for Decorating Your Home Paperback – June 5, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
KRISTA AASEN is the creator of the DIY, décor, craft, and lifestyle blog The Happy Housie. Together with her husband, she tackles projects from renovating entire houses down to creating decor and printables. She and her projects have been featured on BetterHomesandGardens.com, Woman's Day, the Home Depot blog, Just a Girl and Her Blog, House of Turquoise, Savvy Southern Style, and Country Woman magazine.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Every time we go walking in the woods, my boys come home with little collections. Some days it’s rocks, other days it’s pinecones, and the time I was inspired to craft this letter their collection was twigs. One of the simplest, rustic crafting tools that you can use, twigs are free, easy to find, and beautifully varied in their natural textures. It is difficult to match the rural elegance of crafts made from twigs. Equally at home in a fall or winter vignette, a child’s bedroom, a family gallery wall, or as country wedding décor, twig letters have a diverse appeal. They would also work beautifully on a wreath for the front door or used to spell out words such as fall, grow, or family tree.
1 wood letter of your choice
1 (2-ounce) bottle white or neutral-colored craft paint
1 medium craft paintbrush
Sharp outdoor garden clippers
Hot-glue gun and glue
1. Apply a base coat of white craft paint to your wood letter. (If you opt for a neutral color, try picking a tone that matches the shades of your twigs.)
2. Cut the twigs to size using sharp garden clippers.
3. Use hot glue to attach the twigs to the wood letter, starting at the bottom and working your way up the letter.
4. Cover the whole surface of the letter first, and then add another layer of twigs on top to cover and disguise any gaps.
Explore velvet, faux leather, outdoor and more. Shop Now
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
She gives a materials list and detailed instructions for completing the projects. Along with those, she gives tips when needed. She tells you where she bought her supplies including online retailers. Each project is unique. Children will enjoy helping and many could be made with supplies one might have on hand. Twigs and plastic drinking straws and ribbons are just some of the materials used to create these fun letters.
If you are looking for a way to add some color and design that is unique to you into a craft project, I recommend Creative Wood Letters
I received a free copy of the book from NetGalley and Ten Speed Press in exchange for my honest review. Thank you.