Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Creative ZiiSound D5 Wireless Multimedia Speaker S..." and save 71% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Creative ZiiSound D5 Wireless Multimedia Speaker System for iPod touch 4G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Droid, and other Bluetooth-Enabled Devices
- Docks, Charge your iPhone/iPod freedom with high performance wireless audio
- Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Superior wireless mobile device freedom - apt-X audio codec for superior Bluetooth stereo audio
- Audiophile sound beyond home stereo - Get more from your iPhone/iPod.
- Touch sensitive volume panel with AUX-IN for intuitive control and connecting to any other audio devices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Creative Labs 51Mf8080aa001 Ziisound D5 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
The ZiiSound D5 wireless multimedia speaker system, winner of a 2010 Red Dot Design Award, features award-winning Bluetooth technology and delivers phenomenal audio playback. Apt-X audio codec technology and high-performance drivers and amplifiers combine to produce rich stereo audio. Additionally, you can easily pair the ZiiSound D5 with your smartphone or Bluetooth device.
ZiiSound D5 Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Speaker System
Exceptional Stereo Sound, Delivered Wirelessly
Equipped with acoustic tuning and modeling, this one-piece wireless speaker system delivers high-fidelity sound with accuracy and detail.
The ZiiSound D5 includes apt-X audio codec technology for quality wireless Bluetooth stereo sound. An integrated bass port at the system's rear allows you to enjoy heart-thumping low frequencies without the need for a separate subwoofer. Also, the ZiiSound D5 is outfitted with high-performance 2.75-inch full-range drivers and efficient digital amplifiers for sound that fills your room.
Pairs Seamlessly with Your Smartphone or Notebook
You can pair the ZiiSound D5 easily with any Bluetooth-enabled device, such as your smartphone or notebook, and wirelessly stream music from up to 33 feet away.
The speaker system comes with a Creative BT-D5 Bluetooth transmitter that you can plug into your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and use to control the ZiiSound D5 wirelessly. When your music player is docked and you want to adjust the volume, simply glide your fingers along the ZiiSound D5's touch-sensitive volume control. The ZiiSound D5 also offers a convenient docking station for your iPhone or iPod.
While the ZiiSound D5 works seamlessly with wireless Bluetooth devices, it also sports an AUX-in port for use with other portable devices, such as MP3 players.
Sleek Design, Sturdy Construction
Encased in a silky-smooth black mesh cloth, the ZiiSound D5 sports a sleek, compact, contemporary design and a sturdy monocoque construction--offering a balance of performance and looks. The ZiiSound D5 measures 3.5 x 16.7 x 4.3 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 8.4 pounds.
The ZiiSound D5 Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Speaker System is backed by a one-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
ZiiSound D5 Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Speaker System, Bluetooth wireless transmitter, backrest adapters for iPhone and iPod, support stand for iPhone or iPod, universal power adapter, and stereo-to-stereo cable.
What the Critics are Saying about the Creative ZiiSound D5 Speaker
"Speakers -- particularly wireless ones -- are extremely easy to screw up. So the fact that Creative has gotten so much right with its ZiiSound D5 Wireless Speaker ($300) might not seem to the average user like a major achievement, but it is: due as much to design as to technical implementation, this is one of the most impressive iPod and iPhone audio systems we've seen in the past three years, and the best product we've seen from Creative since it entered the Apple accessory market."
--Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Top customer reviews
This is great when you have a friend with a non-apple phone or a new iPhone w/ lightning connector, because the adapter can't be used by them.
I would like to add that the manufacturer's telephone number is nowhere to found in the packaging materials or on the internet. If you have a problem that requires their response, the only way to interact with them is to leave an email at their waste and wait a couple of days for a response. Given this, if you have any difficulty with this item within the amazon 30 day return period, it is probably best to return it than hope for Creative Labs to address it.
1. It is really good looking. Probably the best looking iPod dock out there, I think. If you're into the minimal form factor, you will not be disappointed. It's just the right size and looks really good sitting on my entertainment center. The single white "Connected" light on the front is very slick, and the beveled chrome sides add just the right amount of contrast to the design.
2. It sounds very good. I'm not an audiophile, so I can't give a professional opinion or anything, but to the layperson there's nothing wrong with the audio output. I was definitely skeptical about the sound over Bluetooth, but I'm very glad I gave it a chance. And it gets LOUD, if that's your game.
3. It's a conversation piece. It's really cool to be able to control the music from your iPod, "no strings attached." You'll get a few "how did you do that?"s from people when they see you pick up your iPod and change songs from the other side of the room.
4. The touch-sensitive volume control is cool. It looks good and is very usable.
5. The iPod/iPhone dock is very slick. It's very minimal, and almost unnoticeable when you don't have the pod plugged in. It's also removable, and you don't ever have to use it if you don't want to. Due to cradle issues listed below, I may ditch it altogether and just charge separately while streaming to the device.
1. When you use the dock plugin and adjust the volume, there's this disorienting delay before the volume on the unit actually adjusts. It's not huge, but it's annoying enough that I don't use the dock unit at all and just use the built-in iPod Bluetooth (also, I don't have to have a thing hangin' off my iPod, which ruins the element of surprise).
2. Occasionally, my iPod will randomly pause while playing. This doesn't happen often, but has happened more than once. I don't know if it happens using the dock plugin (I never use it), only the iPod's built-in bluetooth. It's not a range issue; this happens even when the iPod is sitting in the cradle charging. Especially when the iPod is charging in the cradle, now that I think about it. I don't think it's ever happened out of the cradle, actually. Huh.
3. When you're playing music from the iPod's Bluetooth and you run low on battery and go to plug it in on the cradle, it automatically switches to the dock as a playback mechanism. This creates an annoying pause of a few seconds while the dock finds the device. I don't know if there's anything Creative can do about this; it's more of an iPod fact of life I guess. But it would be nice if there was some way to disable it. But this is a pretty minor complaint.
When you remove the dock, another pause. This second pause can be remedied by switching the output on the iPod to the built-in Bluetooth as soon as the dock is done, but I can't find anything to do fix the first pause. Also, when you remove the iPod from the cradle, the dock plug-in comes with it, so you've got to pull that off and stick it back in the cradle-hole. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if there was some way to "lock" the dock plug-in into the device.
4. A couple of times it just stopped working. It thought it was connected to the iPod, and the iPod was playing, but no sound was coming out. I tried plugging in the dock but it couldn't pair. Turning the unit off and back on fixed it immediately, though.
I only use a single device with the dock -- a second generation iPod Touch -- so I can't comment on the multiple device issues. But my iPod connects very quickly and consistently.
Most recent customer reviews
high quality sound
but volume control is not easy...